Gunfixer plug/Break in period.

I was just wondering if I should break in a saiga before installing the gunfixer plug. Reason I ask is I tried it out when i first received my Saiga but it didn't really help much. I don't know if it did anything at all. to cycle buckshot I had to be on 2. I think this might be a sign of an under gassed gun. If so would the KA puck help. The gun cycles great on original plug setting 1 with buck shot. The gun roughly has 100 rds through it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Edited by redfish28

Depends on the gun a lot. Some guns will work with buckshot on setting 2. Depends on the gun and the load.

Ideally, the only 2 3/4" load that will reliably work on setting 1 are slugs. The rest would be setting 2, or for light loads, setting 3. That was the design parameters initially. The guns vary so much now that there are guns that will be different.

So break in period has nothing to do with it. Thats cool. In all fairness I was only shooting one type of load so I'll mess with it some more. I like the plug also. What about low recoil buckshot. What has been ya'lls experience with that. Big thanks for the replies.

With the 4 position plug I got from MD Arms which is a creation of yours correct gunfixr, mine will shoot cheapo 2 3/4 on 2 and hi brass birdshot on +1 setting I am guessing that -1 will handle 3 inch and slugs

I like it

Then in reality, your gun is slightly overgassed. Not a big deal, as you can just turn it down, which is what the plug is for. To be able to have more control over how much gas the gun is getting.

I was also curious about this, but not worried. My s12 shoots buck great, but not so good with the light stuff. Only has about 75 rounds through it though, I got tired of using it as a single shot. :haha:

Ordered my plug today, hope to try it out at the range next weekend, if I can find someone to go with.

With the 4 position plug I got from MD Arms which is a creation of yours correct gunfixr, mine will shoot cheapo 2 3/4 on 2 and hi brass birdshot on +1 setting I am guessing that -1 will handle 3 inch and slugs

I like it

Then in reality, your gun is slightly overgassed. Not a big deal, as you can just turn it down, which is what the plug is for. To be able to have more control over how much gas the gun is getting.

Really? My gun, (which has 3 gas ports), behaves similarly to waltham's: setting -1 for slugs, 2 for Federal low-brass 7 1/2 birdshot. This indicates that it's a little over-gassed?

If so, I'm even more glad that I bought one of your plugs, Gunfixr. I bought it, (while my S-12 was still on the way), to have more control over the gas system and to have a gas plug that doesn't require a tool to quickly adjust. Hell, I don't think I've ever even used the OEM plug. :D

Your gas plug is a fantastic product btw.. it vastly improves one's control over the S-12's reliable operation for only ~$33. :up:

Edited by post-apocalyptic