ACE RECALL NOTICE

Folding Mechanism

ACE LTD. USA - Notice

ACE RECALL NOTICE

ACE is recalling all Folding Stock Mechanisms (P#FSM & P#FSM-SMG) shipped between 22, September 2006 and December 2006. . If you have one of these please return it to ACE to exchange it for a new one. The groove that the tooth locks into on the large side of the FSM was machined oversized. Our quality Assurance did not catch this flaw. When the stock is extended, it will be able to wiggle form side to side up to 5 degrees left and right. We do not feel this is a dangerous condition; it is just not up to ACE's quality standards.

FSM.slot_160w.jpg
FSM.gap_160w.jpg
FSM.Cal_160w.jpg

If your Folding Stock Mechanism (FSM) was produced after 22 Sept. 2006 and therefore has this slot in the large side of the FSM, please return it for an exchange. If It does not have this slot then it is not affected by this recall.
The recall FSM's measure approximately .300 across the top of the groove as shown.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this causes you. Thank you for your business we truly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Bob Weir

Mine does not have that groove and may wiggle up and down, but not side to side.

I think the groove they are talking about is the space visible where the angled parts are supposed to touch, not allowing the large side to sit flush with the small side

Edited by Gas Giant
How does this compare to one that is correct?

All the hinges I've used from them looks like the picture above. They lock up tight though. :unsure:

The gap between the edge of the tooth and the groove shouldn't be that pronounced... at least, in my limited experience.