DO NOT buy from KALINKA OPTICS

I recently purchased a rifle scope from Kalinka optics. I also purchased a set of batteries to go along with the scope (it is illuminated). I recieved the scope, but not the batteries. I was told they were coming from another warehouse. I emailed their customer service today to check on the batteries, and I recieved a return email stating that they had been delivered 2 weeks ago. I then wrote back requesting a copy of the delivery confirmation and the address that the batteries were delivered to and that if the info could not be provided I would dispute the charges to my credit card. I recieved a return email that stated " Dickhead, I'll just credit the $3. Better than having to deal with shitheads like you." I was floored. This is unacceptable customer service. Not only is it rude and profane, it is entirely unprofessional. What if it had been the scope that was not delivered? Besides, the batteries were $5, not $3. Am I wrong in being furious at this poor customer service? What would you guys do? :angry:

• Like 2
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently purchased a rifle scope from Kalinka optics. I also purchased a set of batteries to go along with the scope (it is illuminated). I recieved the scope, but not the batteries. I was told t

Me? Take your advice.   Lollygagger (Thanks!)

call the owner

Posted Images

Maybe that was the owner? :unsure:

Seems this attitude is getting normal (rather than the exception) for many companies out there nowadays. Kinda like it's some type of big burden for the employee or owner of said company to get off his/her fat ass and actually earn their paycheck for once. :angry:

And the scary thing is this attitude seems prevalent now in the firearms industries (I call it the "gunshow seller" mentality). Good thing though there are companies (RCBS, MidwayUSA, Ruger (sometimes?)) that spring to mind where the purchaser is actually shown some respect when contacting them with a question/problem. :super:

• Like 1

scan over barf dot com. that attitude is ridiculously prevailent in the gun industry. that is why I am here and not there. nor do i deal with anyone with that attitude.

• Like 1

I would call the owner, however there is no phone number listed anywhere for Kalinka. I am sending copies of the emails to their corporate office. I am not so much mad at the lack of respect, as I am at the language used in it. My kids use that email account, and fortunately I found the email before they did. That is the last time I use that account for ordering anything!

I was messed over too.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=4131

AVOID KALINKA --ITS A SCAM COMPANY

When i showed some email proof that UPS did not find them there to deliver the owner stated that they did sign the yellow ups slip to leave the package but that ups did not leave it. This occured on three attempted drop offs.

Edited by expeditionx
  • 9 months later...

As I stated in another thread, Kalinka has no phone number, took a week to answer my email, their email was vague. I ordered from Nigh Vision instead.

BTW, customer service is still alive and well. I know because I give good customer service in my business. That's why I have so many repeat customers. If a company runs off too many customers (or potential ones), they won't be around much longer.

Allan Schisel

Not sure I ever posted. But I got fugged up response to e-mails from these turds. So I retracted my bid on eBay. I only had some questions on item. Somehow they got pissy, even after I bid over 100.00 on the item! I was like "Fuck You"..I'll spend elsewhere....of course I didn't bother e-mailing them that.... :haha:

Just retracted the bid. 6 days later. Auction wasn't won. They contacted me for 2nd chance....fuck no!

I will buy from Freedom Optics all day long before Kalinka

Distressing to say the least. My friend recently ordered a low rise from them on a Monday at about 5:00. Didn't get a confirmation e-mail so he e-mailed them. Tuesday morning he had an e-mail that they'd received his order & were processing it. That Friday, he got package. I thought to myself that was great service, so I was planning to buy from them myself. Now I see this may have been the exception rather than the rule.

ok guys bitching about such service is a good thing but if you really want to get some results here's what we do in such cases.. me and about 200,000 other dealers are going to the shot show feb 9-12 this year in vegas. take such info and find as many people as you can before the show and ask them , unless you are able to attend yourself, to take a copy of that email, and confront them in the public arena at the convention. it really makes a diff.

we did this to some manufacturers in the past as attendees there was a change in the way they did business. at the convention usually everyone in the company from salesmen to the top guy whatever he is called is in attendance. financial pressure usually works the best even with europeans.

lucky shot gun shop

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought a Red dot from this person and I got a run around it was not what I ordered and would not work in normal afternoon daylight. The dot would be washed out! He said it works fine but it did not! I will never do business with Klinka, and advise everyone who reads this to say away from them. Thier word is worthless. They are a pain in the ass to deal with. :ded:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i just ordered a POSP off of kalinkaoptics.com

i failed to research it before hand, and now i'm worried.

Does anyone have anything positive about this site? or is it all negative.

they just e-mailed me today telling me my shipping information wasn't working out with USPS. i sent them my PO Box number (instead of my street number, which i had put in assuming it was UPS or FED EX that was going to deliever it) I'm still awaiting an email in response to it... i sent two to info@kalinkaoptics.com and one to aak@kalinkaoptics.com

I'm worried it won't get here by christmas, let alone be ripped off completley.

so, anyone have anything reassuring to say other than good luck? any feedback is appreciated.

• Like 1

Kalinka once sent me a scope with cracked glass that looked like it had been used as a hammer. The shipping box it came in was fine. They exchanged it though, so maybe there's more than one dickhead there to deal with us shit heads that want what we pay for.

They do have some nice mil dot scopes, but I think they can also be purchased from eastwave, and I've heard better things about them. That's where I'd buy any further AK compatible scopes.

The longer I deal with scopes, the more you realize that a real honest to goodness lifetime warranty is worth about the same as the price of the scope. Scopes eventually wear and gaskets fail. Having to go to someone between you and factory customer service is tough to deal with at best.

i just ordered a POSP off of kalinkaoptics.com

i failed to research it before hand, and now i'm worried.

Does anyone have anything positive about this site? or is it all negative.

they just e-mailed me today telling me my shipping information wasn't working out with USPS. i sent them my PO Box number (instead of my street number, which i had put in assuming it was UPS or FED EX that was going to deliever it) I'm still awaiting an email in response to it... i sent two to info@kalinkaoptics.com and one to aak@kalinkaoptics.com

I'm worried it won't get here by christmas, let alone be ripped off completley.

so, anyone have anything reassuring to say other than good luck? any feedback is appreciated.

It is really strange that someone responded that way and sad. I have purchased alot of stuff from them with zero problems. I have sent back and exchanged several scopes, some many months after initial purchase without problems. Some because they "looked" used and they exchanged it. If that is how they treat people now that is a shame and I sympathise with the guy who got that Email. It really distresses me that his children could have seen that. Hopefully this is a mistake because they will just screw themselves if they do not make it right. Also when it comes to Russian scopes, ONLY buy the PSOP series. They are military grade and well made eveything else is chink crap.

Should also check out Doug Ford's site by googling Tantal Russian Optics. He's spot on and ix excellent to work with. It may take a few days for him to return your order request, but he has a great reputation.

I will probably purchase a PK-AS from him soon.

I had to eat a PK-01 because they refused to fix or replace it they said it worked fine! I will never deal with that company as long as I live. They suck.

I wish Tantel took credit cards he would have all my business! I do not do PayPal due to a bad situation a while back!

Gents,

I am a dealer with Kalinka. The only problems I have had have been lengthy delivery times for items from Russia. They seem to be the only link to those optics unless you want to import them yourself.

If you guys want Com-Bloc optics, let me know. I can get Kobras and a few other things for you. If you have a question about something, I'll tell you what I think...for example, I'd have steered you away from the PK-01...and if batteries are missing, I'll drive down to radio Shack and buy the damn things for you myself.

Gabe Suarez

www.onesourcetactical.com

(Check for Russian Optics)

• Like 1
I just ordered something from them so wish me good luck.

I wanted to order from Freedom Optics but he only takes paypal is what he told me so Im stuck with Kalinka as an only option.

If I decide to buy another scope, is there an alternative?

I always use my VISA with Freedom Optics. Yura is a good guy to deal with.