DO NOT buy from KALINKA OPTICS

Good thing though there are companies (RCBS, MidwayUSA, Ruger (sometimes?)) that spring to mind where the purchaser is actually shown some respect when contacting them with a question/problem. :super:

Someone needs to do their homework on Bill Ruger and his "contributions" to the gun community.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently purchased a rifle scope from Kalinka optics. I also purchased a set of batteries to go along with the scope (it is illuminated). I recieved the scope, but not the batteries. I was told t

Me? Take your advice.   Lollygagger (Thanks!)

call the owner

Posted Images

i had a bad dealing with kalinka as well all my stuff came in one box my scope my sun shade and my flip up covers, i made it clear i wanted it all in black, what i go was a gray sun shade that i cant use cause it looks awful, as well as a scope that comes no where close to being able to be sighted, and have yet to hear back from them!

• Like 1
Good thing though there are companies (RCBS, MidwayUSA, Ruger (sometimes?)) that spring to mind where the purchaser is actually shown some respect when contacting them with a question/problem. :super:

Someone needs to do their homework on Bill Ruger and his "contributions" to the gun community.

Ruger's personal politics aside, his company has one of the best reputations in the gun industry for customer service and satisfaction. The fact that he was a Billary pawn doesn't change that.

Jim

I'll not forget how Bill Ruger jumped in bed with Feinstein and Brady to single out "assault rifles" to be banned and doing so avoided his firearms business any major losses:

http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html

IMHO, screw the old fat fucker!

Well, Now that he is dead I guess it does not really matter, from his point of view however, I will not buy any products from a domestic manufacturer that pulls this shit just like Smith&Wesson and Colt did. I realize S&W is under new management but too bad. They pissed on us when the chips were down and they will do it again. Its coming. I am sick of quotes like "I did not intend on simple", excuse me ,"simple people from owing these". That right, just you elitist bastards can have this stuff and us "simple people" can eat cake!

• Like 1

I was looking at a few different vendors for a scope and as soon as I saw this on the Freedom optics website...

"Lowest Price Guarantee

If you have seen a lower verifiable advertised price (including "Buy It Now" auction prices) from another online store for the same item in the same condition in stock in the United States, bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price."

The choice was pretty clear, and they were cheaper than the others...

• 2 weeks later...

I got screwed on a F6015 NV unit a few years ago by Excalibur Night Vision.I had just ordered it from them and it had a spot in the tube so I sent it back for another, and then 9/11 happened and the price of NV units skyrocketed and they basically decided that it was worth it to send me an empty box which when the UPS man tried to get me to sign for it I felt that it was super light and could not possibly contain an F6015 and a 2x adapter and refused the package.

They said that since I refused it that they had fulfilled their part of the agreement and that they would not resend it but instead gave me a 50% credit to order from their catalog and then proceeded to raise the price of the unit to several times what I originally paid for it.

I thought about suing them but I bought it while 1000 miles from home at a gun show and would have to either sue them there or in their home state costing way more than the $1200 they screwed me out of and requiring me to try to beat crooked Mormons in court in Salt Lake City Utah(not likely).

Maybe some day I'll get a chance to confront those turkeys somewhere publicly like the shot show but knowing my temper I might end up in prison if they gave the the big "screw you" speech when I showed up demanding my NV unit or my full refund.

They are a GSA approved vendor and have grown by leaps and bounds since I had my run in with them so don't let a company's size fool you into thinking they are legitimate but if you ever have the chance to see those scumbags out and about please "accidentally" drop something very expensive on the concrete floor and then trot away if you get the chance!!

Edited by SOPMOD
  • 1 year later...

I have gotten two crap low profile scope mounts in a row from them and they sent me a worse one that the one I returned so I just gave up.It is so far from Zero on any AK that there is not enough adjustment in most sights to compensate so I am filing and redecking it and changing the location of the holes for the rail to get it right.The casting was full of voids and cracks and it looked like it had been beat onto a rail before I even received it.

As far as I am concerned Kalinka stole $90 from me

This was the mount I sent back,the replacment was 10x worse.Almost like they sent me a piece of junk just to spite me

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd164/A...opeMount007.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd164/A...opeMount006.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd164/A...opeMount008.jpg

You'd be better off with those Chinese made $30 units than anything from Kalinka because it appears they are an outlet for factory seconds and defective returns..

Edited by SOPMOD
Does it work? Was it damaged? Is it what you expected? If it's what I expected I couldn't care less how it was wrapped...

It is very clear, and seems to be extremly high quality. I haven't taken it to the range yet, I will post a review and some used targets once I do. So far I am exremely pleased with it. It fits the gun perfectly, and I can even still use the iron sights (though it is uncomfortable). This thing is a beast. I feel like it will not lose a zero once I set it up, and the dragunov range finder reticle is plain awesome.

I will post a range review in a couple weeks probabaly.

• 11 months later...

Ok i have not found a replacement bulb from anywhere else for my PSO-1M2. So ima roll the dice, its only 11.97 + shipping. I was going to order more, but i am very glad i read up here 1st. I sent them an email stating i had just got an Tigr with an old PSO-1M2 scope on it. But the electrical system did not work after i had put 2 new batteries in it. He replied with haste and kindness, but when i asked for more info on the scope rather then the bulb he said.

"Please try the new bulb and if it does not work, we will look at the

problem closer then. Lets hope the bulb fixes your problem...Scott".

Right after he sent another email wish a PDF file on how to check the circuits and the bulb. My bulb failed the light test so i bet that is all that is wrong. So far, so good. Lets hope my order goes the same. Not +1 or -1 yet. Vote still pending, i will update soon as i get to test the new bulb.

On a side note does anyone know anything about this model scope? Am i using the correct batteries D357/303? Also known as LR44 and many other names. Cleaning tips, how to fix anything, storage, anything. I am new to Russian optics and sights. Here are some pics to help.

DSC02115.jpgDSC02109.jpgDSC02113.jpgDSC02116.jpg

Thanks

Call the credit card company. They'll cancel the charge. Enough of these incidents, and they'll lose the ability to accept that credit card.

Let him find out who the dickhead is.

Scott will make it right. Bought two scopes from them about a month ago, one had a wierd line in one of the lenses that was only visable at certain distances/lights. I thought maybe it was a hair and asked if I could shoot the gun to see if it would shake loose, despite the warranty saying not to.

Scott gave me the go-ahead, didn't fix it, I sent it back, and had the replacement inside of a week. Also there was a slight issue with the original order and thanks to great communication from scott it was resolved very quickly and without problem.

Very very satisfied with them, they definately made sure everything worked out.

Ok i have not found a replacement bulb from anywhere else for my PSO-1M2. So ima roll the dice, its only 11.97 + shipping. I was going to order more, but i am very glad i read up here 1st. I sent them an email stating i had just got an Tigr with an old PSO-1M2 scope on it. But the electrical system did not work after i had put 2 new batteries in it. He replied with haste and kindness, but when i asked for more info on the scope rather then the bulb he said.

"Please try the new bulb and if it does not work, we will look at the

problem closer then. Lets hope the bulb fixes your problem...Scott".

Right after he sent another email wish a PDF file on how to check the circuits and the bulb. My bulb failed the light test so i bet that is all that is wrong. So far, so good. Lets hope my order goes the same. Not +1 or -1 yet. Vote still pending, i will update soon as i get to test the new bulb.

On a side note does anyone know anything about this model scope? Am i using the correct batteries D357/303? Also known as LR44 and many other names. Cleaning tips, how to fix anything, storage, anything. I am new to Russian optics and sights. Here are some pics to help.

DSC02115.jpgDSC02109.jpgDSC02113.jpgDSC02116.jpg

Thanks

I received my package yesterday June 15th at 9:30am. I ordered more then planed because there is no where else to find this stuff. Here is what i ordered.

2 RED 3V bulb for PSO/POSP Scopes

1 POSP Safe Bag for POSP/PSO 4x24 & 6x24 Rifle Scopes- Mounted scope cover/case

2 POSP Illumination Switch Rubber Cover

I was impressed with the speed they showed up. After the new bulbs got here i placed one in the scope. It dint work... So i emailed Scott he said to review the PDF doc he gave me. Checked and cleaned all my connections with fine steel wool. I found the battery cap spring loaded pin was the cause. The spring loaded pin that holds the batteries in place was worn and dint make a full contact. If anyone wants a copy of this PDF reticle test just message me and ill email it. Here is a pic of my PSO-1 reticle, Im so happy i finally got it to work. Over all review of kalinkaoptics.com is +1 DSC02125.jpg

Edited by kisatu

Thread resurrect!

I got burned on a 1P78 Kashtan:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=56&t=129342

Cliff notes:

- received scope with 5 defects (missing chunks and extra blobs) in reticle

- returned scope for exchange

- second scope has defective lens cover; will not latch closed and flops back and forth

- returned second scope

- Kalinka is selling my 1st scope as blemished for $30 less

- Kalinka claims second scope was perfect when shipped, claims I violated their return/replacement policy by "modifying" it and will only return it to me.

Screw Andrew and his defective junk.

Edited by GTwannabe

Kinda pissed I had to read through that entire post, a sumup would have been nice..

But your right, the quality issues you mentioned (in that other stupid post I had to shift through) are definately an issue.

My own experience with kalinka has been great, but this definately has tarnished their reputation in my eyes.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys...first time newbie posting. I wanted to share a recent learning experience that I had with the value of the forum and the reputation of certain vendors out there in cyber-land. What I learned was the importance of utilizing the knowledge of members on this site BEFORE making any purchases from an online vendor. On the 13th, I placed an order with Kalinka Optics for a PK-A Red Dot to go with a couple of nice Veprs I have in my collection...the price seemed fair and they had exactly what I was looking for. After checking out on their website as a "Guest" I soon realized I had made a big mistake. Did a quick search of some previous threads here at Forum.Saiga-12.com and read post after post of bad experiences that various folks had...including some lucky souls who had a good experience with them. Trying to be fair and balanced, I decided to give them a few days (5 to be exact) to process the order and send some type of communication that all was well. What got me nervous was the fact that I didn't received a purchase confirmation after placing the order or any other indication, for that matter, that the transaction had gone through properly - a reply which is typically standard and customary. Instead, what I got was nothing...just a void in space where my money had seemingly turned to vapor. I sent a follow-up e-mail the next day (on the 14th) trying to get some info and again never got a response - of course, there is no phone number to call if you have trouble (big red flag). On the 15th, I checked my MasterCard account and saw the purchase posted ($242.02). Since they state on their website that it typically takes 2 business days for them to process an order, I used some patience hoping I would get a purchase confirmation sometime around the 15th or 16th. I then sent another e-mail on the 15th to their "Customer Service" address hoping I would hear something and, again, nothing. On the 18th I called Mastercard and their CSR tried calling the phone number they had on file and it was not in-service - ugh. The item mysteriously arrived today via USPS on the 20th with no receipt...checked it out and it seems to be as advertised. I'm calling MC to revoke the dispute, but what an unprofessional way to do business. On a side note, I got an e-mail from Midway USA shortly thereafter with a great deal on a C-More Red Dot that I couldn't pass up. Mind you, I placed this order on the 15th two days AFTER making the purchase with Kalinka (the 13th) and the Midway order arrived the 18th! Best part is that Midway had the item initially listed with "Free Shipping"....when I went to checkout, a $14 dollar shipping charge posted to the final amount. When I called Midway to ask why, the lady who helped me said that because it shipped with a battery, they had to ship it HazMat through UPS. However, she said that it was their oversight to post it that way and offered to pick up the shipping anyway to honor the price as advertised. Wow...how awesome is that? All I can say about Kalinka is buyer beware and check the threads posted here before giving someone your money. Thanks Forum.Saiga-12.com...you're my new best friend.

Edited by psidrop1

Well I'm hoping in stock items ship fast.. Primary Arms was out of the BP-02 low mount for my new VEPR 54R.. So I just ordered from these folks.. $62.xx shipped is about the same..

Keep you all posted.

I did get the confirmation email already.

There contact info says Jacksonville, NC but my bank debit shows Coral Springs..

Well I'm hoping in stock items ship fast.. Primary Arms was out of the BP-02 low mount for my new VEPR 54R.. So I just ordered from these folks.. $62.xx shipped is about the same..

Keep you all posted.

I did get the confirmation email already.

There contact info says Jacksonville, NC but my bank debit shows Coral Springs..

I ordered the same thing on the 20th, I had no idea Kalinka was so shady. Lets hope we both get what we payed for!

If I hadn't waited 1 week I could have gotten from PA and had it in hand for sure..

I sent an email on Monday (22nd) and with-in a 1/2 hour got an auto-email saying shipped.. though no tracking info in it...

If they shipped Priority Mail I am thinking today or tommorrow.. keep ya'll posted..

I recently purchased a rifle scope from Kalinka optics. I also purchased a set of batteries to go along with the scope (it is illuminated). I recieved the scope, but not the batteries. I was told they were coming from another warehouse. I emailed their customer service today to check on the batteries, and I recieved a return email stating that they had been delivered 2 weeks ago. I then wrote back requesting a copy of the delivery confirmation and the address that the batteries were delivered to and that if the info could not be provided I would dispute the charges to my credit card. I recieved a return email that stated " Dickhead, I'll just credit the $3. Better than having to deal with shitheads like you." I was floored. This is unacceptable customer service. Not only is it rude and profane, it is entirely unprofessional. What if it had been the scope that was not delivered? Besides, the batteries were $5, not $3. Am I wrong in being furious at this poor customer service? What would you guys do? :angry:

This is terrible customer service. Ive dealt with Kalinka myself and although they never used foul language they were very unapologetic. Heres my Video. http://youtu.be/g2d5vwPCecI

I agree 100% Never buy from a Company that doesnt even have a PHONE NUMBER....