I have just returned from another cross country trip (this time to Home), and am carrying the happy invitation to you all for a November shoot in Central Florida sometime in November.

We had a metric shitton of fun last time, and its been too long, and the range is inviting us back.....

November, shall we?

I need a day of shooting, I know that much, so Im in........what say you guys?

NO alcohol, be polite, have muzzle control, and bring your stash.

Guaranteed you will have a good time.....

takers????

Date

Saturday, November 21st

I know it's close to turkey day, but the month was already heavily booked

Time

9:00 AM to ???

Range Fees

Adults $20.00

Children Under 17 $10.00

Active Military, Law, Fire, or EMS (with valid agency ID) $10.00

Spectator Only $5.00

What it includes

All the shooting you can do in one day, plus access to the public range

Snacks, water, & soda during the event

Hot Lunch (Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, & other snacks)

One hell of a great time with great folks, and quite a few interesting toys

On Site Accomodations

Camping facilities are available for $8.00/night

About 12 of them have power and water hookups, another 20 or so have water only, and there is plenty of self-sustained camping areas (including Area-51)

What's Allowed

Any legal firearm up to .50 CAL, including NFA Class 3 items

Tannerite targets up to 1 lb (these will also be available from the club for purchase)

Dynamic targets of all sorts (toys, car parts, appliances, fire extinguishers, etc)

What's Not

Tracer, Incendiary, or AP Ammo

Alcoholic Beverages or other intoxicating substances

Bad Attitudes or displaying a lack of common sense around firearms

Not having a good time!!!

If there are other questions, please feel free to ask.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please report back how many 1 MOA or less Saiga .308s show up!

Posted Images

http://manateegunclub.com/

That's the website of the range.

Guys, I've been to ranges all over the state, and this is THE BEST range in FL.

1000yrd - 565yrd - 75yrd - 10yrd berms.... Rapid fire is AOK (as long as you are in control).

And when we had our shoot last time, we went out to the "Area-51" zone and setup all sorts of fire extinguishers etc etc. and blasted away. It was a Fantastic day.

I'm in.

Hope to see you all there. Let's get this thing going. A great time was had by all last go around.

~SN

Thanks for posting the invite Bvamp.

For those who are curious, we will be hosting the event at Area 51. It's only a 100-yard range, but it does give us a great deal of flexibility with dynamic targets, tannerite, etc and also allows us to call the range cold to reset targets on our schedule. For those who would like to shoot longer distances, your range fees for the day cover you for the public range as well.

I'll be speaking with the head guy this weekend to see what dates are open, prices, scope of the event, etc, so stay tuned for details as they develop.

Ahh... my old stomping grounds. I have not been to Myakka city in decades.

I spent a good portion of my childhood in Florida, having attended school in Lake Placid as well as Bradenton. One of my uncles lived in Myakka and we would visit frequently. I am sure that the place has changed a lot since the early 90s.

I might just have to pack up my stuff and drive out there! I can visit my mother in Winter Haven and drive down to meet you guys and blow shit up for a while.

I spent a good portion of my childhood in Florida, having attended school in Lake Placid as well as Bradenton. One of my uncles lived in Myakka and we would visit frequently. I am sure that the place has changed a lot since the early 90s.

I might just have to pack up my stuff and drive out there! I can visit my mother in Winter Haven and drive down to meet you guys and blow shit up for a while.

YES! That's the spirit!

I have just returned from another cross country trip (this time to Home), and am carrying the happy invitation to you all for a November shoot in Central Florida sometime in November.

We had a metric shitton of fun last time, and its been too long, and the range is inviting us back.....

November, shall we?

takers????

There is one this weekend in central florida. August 22 to the 23. I live in Orlando and its all over the TV

If they dont, I will.....

Im predicting a much better showing this time, actually......Ill call Carlo up and make sure he comes with his buddy and boy, too!

Im sorry I missed you last week in NY!!!! Told my dad, hes up for chilling with you too! I know its a long drive, but it is the holiday!!! I know you and your Mrs. gotta come down to SC anyhow!

what are we gonna do, 20 bucks a head again?

Most likely, but I will confirm that with the boss man.

Dave, do you think that the range would be willing to do lunch for us again?

Yes, I will make sure we have plenty of food & drinks for the day...burgers, hot dogs, chips, snacks, soda, water, etc.

@ Everyone else

Do make it down if you can. It may not be Knob Creek, but it is one hell of a good time...and yes, Class 3's are a go once again :up:

Do make it down if you can. It may not be Knob Creek, but it is one hell of a good time...and yes, Class 3's are a go once again :up:

I will have to fly over the range a few times...

1.jpg

But seriously, keep the thread updated and post the date as soon as it is confirmed. I will try to get the time off of work.

I will have to fly over the range a few times...

Roger that. When you see flak, that'll just be us sending up a little triple-A to let you know you're in the right area ;)

But seriously, keep the thread updated and post the date as soon as it is confirmed. I will try to get the time off of work.

Will do. Look for concrete info by the end of the weekend.

you missed the last one, and you "may tag along" huh?

oh, yer gonna show.....all the rest of these guys are gonna show, too.......

We will go blow the living hell out of the range......oh, yer going.....if you dont, we may come grab you and toss you off a bridge :)

post-83-1250907795_thumb.jpg

November, shall we?

takers????

November, shall we?

takers????

that's my local gun range i'll be there. what date?

Road tripp?

Road tripp?

If you want to take a week or so off of work to go shooting for a day, then knock yourself out and tag along. I could fly, but I do not trust the airlines with anything of value going through cargo, so I am going to drive. Driving is a two day affair, both directions. I will be spending time with my family out there for the first few days so it might be a bit boring for ya. :D

If you want to take a week or so off of work to go shooting for a day, then knock yourself out and tag along. I could fly, but I do not trust the airlines with anything of value going through cargo, so I am going to drive. Driving is a two day affair, both directions. I will be spending time with my family out there for the first few days so it might be a bit boring for ya. :D

Yea I was half awake at work when I typed that. Now that I think about it I don't have the time off available.

hey, FLTF3 - did you throw any gravel down on the sugar sand road, or should the "low riders" park thier cars on the cowboy range still, and walk back????

Yes, the road back to Area-51 has been improved, but I still don't recommend anyone take a Porche (or other vehicles with limited clearance) back there. There's always the option to park at the clubhouse and have one of the guys take you out there in a golf cart.

Here's the details on what I have lined up so far:

Date

Saturday, November 21st

I know it's close to turkey day, but the month was already heavily booked

Time

9:00 AM to ???

Range Fees

Adults $20.00

Children Under 17 $10.00

Active Military, Law, Fire, or EMS (with valid agency ID) $10.00

Spectator Only $5.00

What it includes

All the shooting you can do in one day, plus access to the public range

Snacks, water, & soda during the event

Hot Lunch (Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, & other snacks)

One hell of a great time with great folks, and quite a few interesting toys

On Site Accomodations

Camping facilities are available for $8.00/night

About 12 of them have power and water hookups, another 20 or so have water only, and there is plenty of self-sustained camping areas (including Area-51)

What's Allowed

Any legal firearm up to .50 CAL, including NFA Class 3 items

Tannerite targets up to 1 lb (these will also be available from the club for purchase)

Dynamic targets of all sorts (toys, car parts, appliances, fire extinguishers, etc)

What's Not

Tracer, Incendiary, or AP Ammo

Alcoholic Beverages or other intoxicating substances

Bad Attitudes or displaying a lack of common sense around firearms

Not having a good time!!!

If there are other questions, please feel free to ask.

Edited by FLTF3

FLTF3 - so you are going to outshoot me with your gun this time or what? :) I KNOW you didnt expect that the last time from a hick yankee puke civvie.....I shoulda taken Wayne's bet last time!

Ill see what I can get sent down out of company stock for demonstration. Probably some examples of publically purchaseable weapons. I may wind up pulling some stuff, and hand it off to local dealers for thier shelves, or selling to private buyers, not sure yet.

As was stated already, we had a metric shitton of fun last time, and kept the atmosphere personable, and how many of you remember casually shooting with your friends way back when. Leave the attitudes at home, and come have some fun under the sun!!!!

and oh yeh, that .33 caliber hole in every one of your targets will be from me :)

Look forward to seeing everyone, and looking forward to having some shell-shock again. Man, did we all burn some powder last time we did this.....everyone was sore the next day just from the muzzle blasts all day, the last time.

should i bring my Coehorn mortar? I think it fires 3.5lb balls, I will need to get my old paperwork out and start making some shot. :D Might be fun to try hitting something down range with that thing. Longest shot that I have made with it was about 3000 feet. :D

muzzle-loaded black powder smooth-bored weapon ... the bore will perfectly fit a beer/soda can.

not sure what the law is in florida, but most places are OK with smoothbored weapons if they are muzzleloaders, regardless of caliber.

I just wanted to make sure before I carted it all the way over there, the thing weighs 60lbs.