he has plenty of NFA registered product built for demo units. problem is coming from the BATF, in that they dont seem to want to go along with thier own rules for manufacturer's rep toting a FA around like its a 22 (normal NFA item rules of transport would not apply in the same way). So as of yet, I dont have the paperwork filed for class 3 NFA item possession under company name.

Ill see what I can borrow, though. I want to reacquire the 308 jungle gun, and a couple other civilian OK items to show off Tom's handiwork, in any event.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please report back how many 1 MOA or less Saiga .308s show up!

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I have just returned from another cross country trip (this time to Home), and am carrying the happy invitation to you all for a November shoot in Central Florida sometime in November.

We had a metric shitton of fun last time, and its been too long, and the range is inviting us back.....

November, shall we?

I need a day of shooting, I know that much, so Im in........what say you guys?

NO alcohol, be polite, have muzzle control, and bring your stash.

Guaranteed you will have a good time.....

takers????

Count me in! They stopped having their regular MG shoots aroud the first of the year...so happy to hear about this one! Thanks Bvamp. I'll try to round up 3-4 other guys.

Count me in! They stopped having their regular MG shoots aroud the first of the year...so happy to hear about this one! Thanks Bvamp. I'll try to round up 3-4 other guys.

The MG shoots may be gone for the time being, but trust me, we make up for lost time at these outings. The ones I organize are generally smaller in scale, but the fellowship more than makes up for the grandeur of an exclusive Class 3 shoot. In fact, the only bitching I get is "how long until the next one." :)

SaigaNoobie...glad to see you coming back down for round two.

Kilo & dobravery...glad to have you on board.

It's going to be a killer time. I'll start actively rounding up stuff to shoot the first of next month. Of course, if anyone has old toys or just stuff they don't know what to do with, feel free to bring them down. There's only two main rules:

1. Not to bring anything that will release a hazardous waste onto the property; so drain the oil, gas, or whatever before you load it up.

2. No targets that will cause ricochets...i.e. things hard enough a bullet will not penetrate.

Outside of that, we destroy a lot of stuff there...cars, jet skis, stuffed animals, you name it. It's all fair game once it gets beyond the firing line. wink.gif

What FLTF3 is saying is ABSOLUTELY true.

While we do not want any hazards on the range, and yeh, we try to secure FA permission for this event, the bottom line is....

....this is a bunch of guys getting together as friends to shoot some guns, and talk some shit. Period.

....now what happens after that in the name of fun, well.....bring it :)

What FLTF3 is saying is ABSOLUTELY true.

While we do not want any hazards on the range, and yeh, we try to secure FA permission for this event, the bottom line is....

....this is a bunch of guys getting together as friends to shoot some guns, and talk some shit. Period.

....now what happens after that in the name of fun, well.....bring it smile.gif

Full Auto, and any other legal Class 3, is a go for this event.

If you have it, bring it. Just don't forget to bring the docs along as well, where they're needed. Not a big deal to the Class 3 guys, but anyone can show, so be prepared just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

hey fatboy - my dad is looking forward to shooting with ya again! he keeps asking if you are actually gonna make it again!

oh....PLEASE bring me some goddamn hard rolls, will ya? the bread sucks ass down here......

hey fatboy - my dad is looking forward to shooting with ya again! he keeps asking if you are actually gonna make it again!

oh....PLEASE bring me some goddamn hard rolls, will ya? the bread sucks ass down here......

It's been on the calendar since you first posted about it. I too am looking forward to spending the day with all you good folk. I'm gonna do my best to be there!

I would be more than glad to bring (most) anything you would want from "upnorth" BUT by the time I got fresh rolls to you, they would be real hard rolls! I am suprised that a guy with your knowledge, skills and abilities that can modify/build guns, modify/build structures, etc, etc, can't make bread. You need to take a look at your prorities! :)

dude, hard rolls are baked in brooklyn, and use NY water. same thing as NY pizza. its something in the damned water....

they have kaiser rolls down here, but no true hard rolls. I dont think they give the recipie out, actually. if you dont eat one for a long time, and just eat one plain, you will notice you can taste the salt in the bread.

dude, hard rolls are baked in brooklyn, and use NY water. same thing as NY pizza. its something in the damned water....

I've heard people talk about that water thing. That's why I have my own water supply. Do you want me to bring you a jug/barell of NYS H2O? I am sure that would survive the trip better than the rolls would! In November, in the back of the truck, it may even have a chance to change into it's solid state before I hit the Mason/Dixon Line!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i got word today that there will be a real good showing from local fire department, and some cool stuff being there.

if you are reading this, you ARE invited. see the first post in this thread.

oh thats nothing!! the full auto guys will dump that in one "hot" range volley, no problem.

Bill Akins is going to try to make it with some crank fires, as well.

I am hoping Max can get down here, despite his busy schedule, for the shoot again, as well, and Im trying to talk vjor into making the trip again, as well.

time are tough, people. lets go have some fun for a day, dammit. Hell, I might be shooting 22lr half the day, myself.

there will be some small events and such that are being planned by the range now.

there will be food for a very small fee, and you should think to stop and get some sort of beverage, or water, cause it can get thirsty out on the firing line all day, expecially down here in florida.

rain or shine, folks.

I havent decided if im going to pitch a tent or not yet, myself. thinking about it.....

BVamp - Thanks for moving the "need to know" info to the first post.

And yes, there will be a lot of ammo being dumped that day. With an assortment of MAC's, Uzi's, M-16's, M-14's, & short barreled shotguns confirmed as showing, we're going to piling up a LOT of empty casings. Also worth mentioning is that OnPoint Firearms will be showing up with a fair assortment of wares as well. I can tell you from experience, OnPoint has some top-shelf toys, including a wide assortment of cans.

There will be a lot to see, and I can guarantee these guys will be more than willing to share in the action if you show up with some of your own ammo to feed these hungry beasts. If you'd like to play, my recommendation for calibers based on confirmed Class 3's are as follows:

• .380 ACP
  • 9mm Luger
  • 45 ACP
  • .223 (5.56x45 NATO milsurp for the M-16's, most don't feed well in FA otherwise)
  • 7.62x51 NATO (.308 WIN)
  • 12 Gauge

And if you have a stockpile of any of these particular calibers, I'm sure these guys will do some horse-trading for those you didn't bring along.

One point of clarification is the range fees for the day covers lunch, plus snacks, & drinks. Feel free to bring your own, but we will have them on hand as long as they last...and they should with plenty to spare, as I usually buy more than we use at these events since the club happily accepts the donations to stock up the clubhouse. This is a departure from how we did things at the last shoot, but I know we can cover the costs, so why the hell not wink.gif

Another announcement is that I now have a few confirmations from local businesses on prizes we will be giving away:

1. A wooden pistol presentation case (Est Retail Value $75.00), which will go the lucky winner of the 100-yard "Ace of Spades" shoot off. And if you have your pistol with you, he will ensure you have a custom fit. I don't have a link, but I will post the picture when I get it.
  2. OnPoint Firearms will be raffling off some of their logo hats, Dri Fit T-Shirts, and perhaps some other goodies hanging around the shop; so even those who aren't designated marksmen have a chance to go home with some free swag.

If you aren't one of the lucky ones who wins one of the prizes, both of these outfits will be onsite with their goods available at reduced, "Saiga Shootout" pricing.

Last note - All active military, LEO's, firefighters, & EMT's, remember to bring your agency ID. That will get you half price on range fees for the day. It's the club's way of saying thank you for all your hard work and dedication in keeping our country safe.

The event is shaping up nicely, and I'll be sure to post any new info as it becomes available. Stay tuned for updates as we're still working hard on a few things, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag until things are in stone.

Edited by FLTF3

they have kaiser rolls down here, but no true hard rolls. I dont think they give the recipie out, actually. if you dont eat one for a long time, and just eat one plain, you will notice you can taste the salt in the bread.

it's that Adirondack water. i lived in new york city. its some of the best water there is.