affordable red-dot reflex sight?

Try the burris fastfire II on a chaos quad rail. That's what i've been using and it was made for shotguns. I couldn't be happier. It's also currently the only waterproof reflex. It's very small though and you need the picatinny mount with the built in protector. I believe optics planet sells them the cheapest.

I would be remiss if I didnt say check with the vendors on this fine site. If you still dont find what you are looking for, check the EE on AR15.com. Go to the Budget Optics and Sights forum and there is a guy by the name of "Marsh". He has red dots for really good prices, though they are clones they are extensively tested and all of his products have got postive reviews fron those who purchased them. I am getting the Micro Dot for my S12 when he gets them in.

Good Luck!

I would be remiss if I didnt say check with the vendors on this fine site. If you still dont find what you are looking for, check the EE on AR15.com. Go to the Budget Optics and Sights forum and there is a guy by the name of "Marsh". He has red dots for really good prices, though they are clones they are extensively tested and all of his products have got postive reviews fron those who purchased them. I am getting the Micro Dot for my S12 when he gets them in.

Good Luck!

Marsh's red dots are very nice, I have the m3 an an ar, and the m4 on a 9mm carbine. Both work well, hold zero and are very affordable. His web site is: http://primaryarms.com

Depending on how "budget" budget is, I might recommend a Bushnell pistol/shotgun multi-rheticle red/green dot (available for $70-100). It's cheap enough that you can definitely afford it but sturdy enough for range and hunting use. If you want truly combat-capable on a budget, I'd go with a Comp-M. You can find them for $200-300 and they are solid.

I'm using a Simmons I got from Sportsmans Guide for less than $40.00. It's holding up quite well so far. I'm using a Russian side mount, (Forgot where I got it) and it locks well and the sight/mount holds Zero on both my Saiga-12 and Romanian AK as well.

Edited by Etek

Good Luck!

Marsh's red dots are very nice, I have the m3 an an ar, and the m4 on a 9mm carbine. Both work well, hold zero and are very affordable. His web site is: http://primaryarms.com

+1 for Primary Arms. Great service, and what seems like a quality product (for a Chinese clone).

YMMV: you can ask Marsh to include shorter mount screws. That lets you take out the riser, and get the red dot lower for AK style rifles. The riser his M4 clone ships with is for lower 1/3 co-witness on an AR iirc.

The Vortex Strikefire sight also seems promising (for mid-level red dots), but I haven't tried one yet. Some folks complain it's not bright enough in bright daylight, that's about the worst I've heard about it.

Edited by John_pro2a

And thanks Vitamink for helping in my decision to get one,i had been eyeing them and you pushed me over the edge :devil: . Ive only put about a hundred rds thru this gun as its new and im just finishing it up,but i can tell by the feel that its a quality dot and built to last.

you won't be disappointed however you may be shocked at how light and small it is. I expected it to be at least twice the size. It's performed admirably without any need to make adjustments. I can't wait to put in on the NEW chaos extended rail. I have experience with aimpoints, acogs, and eotechs, and i'd take this one over the others. The eotech would be a close second, but it's weight and size would eventually get on my nerves.

Tru-glo shock tests all of their sights. I have one of their reflex sights on my Polish Tantal. They also have a lifetime warranty. Got mine for around $80.

Too bad they don't warranty (or test) their TFO sights the same way. Had some on my XD40SC and the damn fiber optic fell out and got lost (tritium tube was still in there. They wouldn't send me a new fiber tube to glue in, they wanted the sights returned at MY COST. Fuck that, got rid of their shit and swore off them. Their shitty tritium was so dim it was hardly viewable anyway, esp. the yellow.