Teardown vid's?

Posted this 3 times and it has yet to show up????

Oh well.

1. Is there a link to a Saiga 12 teardown video, and perhaps a pdf write up on same?

2. I picked up my Saiga 12 on August 11, 2009 for $525.00, out the door $568.31 -seemed reasonable-.

3. Does anyone have a shipping list for the Saiga 12's? Mine came with one Mag., a tool kit, -of sorts- a cautionary

manual but, no warranty paper work, owners/operators manual or, disassembly manual. seems a little light to me ...

However, it was a display item and things do get lost, just curious.

4. I'm not looking to hotrod/trick my 12 out like some of the beauty's I've seen on the forum.

I am looking to add a folding and telescoping stock with a cushion/rubber butt pad and buffer if possible (links?).

Perhaps have the bolt/fga smoothed a bit, replace the puck/piston. I'm comfortable with the stock sights as they are spot on (for me) when I shoulder the gun.

Is it just me or does the Saiga 12 seem narrow on one hand and hefty on the other?

Solid in any case.

TIA

Oh well.

1. Is there a link to a Saiga 12 teardown video, and perhaps a pdf write up on same?

2. I picked up my Saiga 12 on August 11, 2009 for $525.00, out the door $568.31 -seemed reasonable-.

3. Does anyone have a shipping list for the Saiga 12's? Mine came with one Mag., a tool kit, -of sorts- a cautionary

manual but, no warranty paper work, owners/operators manual or, disassembly manual. seems a little light to me ...

4. I'm not looking to hotrod/trick my 12 out like some of the beauty's I've seen on the forum.

I am looking to add a folding and telescoping stock with a cushion/rubber butt pad and buffer if possible (links?).

Perhaps have the bolt/fga smoothed a bit, replace the puck/piston. I'm comfortable with the stock sights as they are spot on (for me) when I shoulder the gun.

Is it just me or does the Saiga 12 seem narrow on one hand and hefty on the other?

Solid in any case.

TIA

This is the only disassembly vid i've ran across

Oh well.

Solid in any case.

TIA

This is the only disassembly vid i've ran across .

Superhawk,

Danke Schone.

That's just what the doctor ordered.

I saw the factory teardown vid screen on a YouTube menu but got sidetracked and never found it again.

In your debt for the basics. :super:

It's an AK.

10 year olds in Africa and around the world field strip them every day. 10 year olds that are quite ignorant I might add.

But they don't need a video.

You'll learn quite quickly.

My Saiga-12 came with nothing at all but previous usage of Aks had me a 10 minute advantage I suppose.

Edited by Etek
It's an AK.

10 year olds in Africa and around the world field strip them every day. 10 year olds that are quite ignorant I might add.

Yes, but those are 10 year olds who have already watched somebody else (probably an 11 year old) show them how to strip it. Give the guy a break. AK's are simple to strip. They don't have YouTube in asscrackistan. An online howto is all it takes to get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ak+field+strip

It's an AK.

My Saiga-12 came with nothing at all but previous usage of Aks had me a 10 minute advantage I suppose.

Yo! Etek.

Where in your comments -cold bucket of piss that they were- was ANY of the info I needed?

Bad day?

Me-thinks you have made a permanent impression -not a good one-.

Thanks for nothing manny.

:<)

It's an AK.

Yes, but those are 10 year olds who have already watched somebody else (probably an 11 year old) show them how to strip it. Give the guy a break. AK's are simple to strip. They don't have YouTube in asscrackistan. An online howto is all it takes to get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ak+field+strip

arsev,

Thanks!

I checked out the good with the bad at the youtube page. Disassembly seems fairly generic.

Should I pick up a RAAC AK-47 -probably will- will come in handy.

It's an AK.

Yo! Etek.

Where in your comments -cold bucket of piss that they were- was ANY of the info I needed?

Bad day?

Perhaps if you had started out with "I've looked everywhere for the teardown video but can't find it" instead of insisting other folks to do a search for you. There IS a search button on this site. Also try youtube.com and Voila! there is another search button!

I'm not going to try to figure out if you're firearm or computer ignorant. Perhaps both.

:smoke:

It's an AK.

Yo! Etek.

Bad day?

Perhaps if you had started out with "I've looked everywhere for the teardown video but can't find it" instead of insisting other folks to do a search for you. There IS a search button on this site. Also try youtube.com and Voila! there is another search button!

I'm not going to try to figure out if you're firearm or computer ignorant. Perhaps both.

To the rest of the Forum particularly those who offered assistance to my dis-assembly query.

Sorry.

But this guy won't quit.

Etek,

In addition to your obvious and now persistant lack of social skills ... are you a 'BIRTHER' as well?

No one insisted that anyone, particularly YOU, was supposed to do a search for me.

I asked a simple question requesting a 'link' -computer ignorance ref.- to a video or 'pdf' -computer ignorance ref.-.

I had gone thru virtually every post (including archives) on the Saiga forum site at least once and noticed that most if not all video and pdf links were imbedded -computer ignorance ref.- While I'm at it, I see in your latest attempt at blind, smack-down you mention YouTube. You could of mentioned the site in your first sorry azz, lame reply but, folks like you seldom do ... . Two sides to that dumb-azz coin you are flippin'.

Additionally, the Saiga site is fairly informative probably to to the heavy sponsership involvement -a good thing-, however, if you happen to notice, it is also a social/interaction site, also a good thing though, the downside to social interaction is the drift away from topic, bantering, and the occasional accidental thread hi-jacking -computer ignorance ref.-

I don't complain about social inter-action ills' because I am guilty of all the aforementioned downsides. Having said that I also know when looking for something specific the topic may have ghosted in on another topic. So the best way to find something is to just ask, someone might have just been on that topic or even have written on the topic.

BTW

I didn't notice or recall a www/internet/intranet protocol for informing self appointed, site nazi's like you that I had already extensively looked for matierial on any given subject. Point of fact the accepted form of informing folk's of site protocls is usually on the site's Newbie post. And ... on other sites one would have a choice of providing the info then directing the newbie to the archives/search feature or vice-versa.

FWIW

My wife and I are, both, retired ARMY. My last unit was C Co 1/160 SOAR Airborne, Air Assault, NSDQ.

As to individual and crew served weapons -US Military inventory thru 1995- YOU couldn't touch me, period.

Here's a weapon's question for a non-ignorant weapons expert like YOU, take your time; What's the maximum effective range of the M-60, the M2/M3, Browning, HB, cal .50?

'I'm not going to try to figure out if you are firearm or computer ignorant. Perhaps both."

Then why make a statement that simply re-enforces how rude, stupid, and ignorant YOU really are?

A classic! Similar to "After all I've done for you!"

Nothing more than button pushing statements.

FOR WHAT?

In this case I asked for a specific teardown procedure for a weapon I was not familiar with.

You decided to turn it into something else. Again, your comments are filed - in the bucket of cold piss- as uninvited and useless.

More issue's?

PM me. Save the site space for the Forum. :smoke:

• Like 2

Ok,

Army, that explains a lot. And no I'm not trying to be funny, I just know how you guys are taught and what you expect during any training so I'll type

R E A L S L O W Ok?

Thank you for your service and your wife's service as well.

The Saiga-12 is like any other Kalashnikov variant so far as operation, field stripping and general service.

While in the Airborne you were certainly taught how to operate an AK-47. It was a very short course because of the AKs simplicty. Perhaps you forgot or were out at the dispensary having your Tough Shit chit being punched that day or lost your comic book/cartoon 'Annie AK' manual. No matter.

Manuals are available on this forum. Hit search and you'll find one.

Crap, the Army didn't HAVE computers in 1995......look for the search button on this forum. It's a tiny l'il thingy in the upper right hand corner. 'Upper' is near your head, 'Right' is the side your M-4 ejects from.

So far a being a 'Birther' nope, I'm not.

The effective range of the 'Ma Deuce' from a Coast Guard Cutter pitching and rolling is 'Not enough'. I 'walk' my shots up to the target and pray. But by then it's usually too late as the 76mm Cannon or the 25 mm Bushmasters have already scared or stopped the baddies.

By the way, you guys blow up a LOT of .50 M-2s from improper headspacing. Y'all keep losing your comic books and sure enough, 'Shit Happens'!

By the way, ALL the fucked up chain guns that pass through my shop are Army. Whassup with that? Hint; lock the barrel in before loading.

In closing I'd advise only that you introduce yourself, give a background and learn website protocol. Protocol is what your Lt. usually did in the field... never mind. Try www.wikipedia.com and type in the word protocol.

Seriously 82, do you have any idea how many 'My Saiga won't eject' etc. questions happen here? Total waste of bandwidth and it gets maddening when the question has been answered HUNDREDS of times.

You question was worse in its simplicity as the answer is published data that's easily available.

Sadly your Saiga didn't come with a 'Saiga Sally' comic book set of instructions but as I said, neither did mine.

Edited by Etek
  • Like 2
Ok,

Army, that explains a lot. And no I'm not trying to be funny, I just know how you guys are taught and what you expect during any training so I'll type

R E A L S L O W Ok?

Thank you for your service and your wife's service as well.

The Saiga-12 is like any other Kalashnikov variant so far as operation, field stripping and general service.

While in the Airborne you were certainly taught how to operate an AK-47. It was a very short course because of the AKs simplicty. Perhaps you forgot or were out at the dispensary having your Tough Shit chit being punched that day or lost your comic book/cartoon 'Annie AK' manual. No matter.

Manuals are available on this forum. Hit search and you'll find one.

Crap, the Army didn't HAVE computers in 1995......look for the search button on this forum. It's a tiny l'il thingy in the upper right hand corner. 'Upper' is near your head, 'Right' is the side your M-4 ejects from.

So far a being a 'Birther' nope, I'm not.

The effective range of the 'Ma Deuce' from a Coast Guard Cutter pitching and rolling is 'Not enough'. I 'walk' my shots up to the target and pray. But by then it's usually too late as the 76mm Cannon or the 25 mm Bushmasters have already scared or stopped the baddies.

By the way, you guys blow up a LOT of .50 M-2s from improper headspacing. Y'all keep losing your comic books and sure enough, 'Shit Happens'!

By the way, ALL the fucked up chain guns that pass through my shop are Army. Whassup with that? Hint; lock the barrel in before loading.

In closing I'd advise only that you introduce yourself, give a background and learn website protocol. Protocol is what your Lt. usually did in the field... never mind. Try www.wikipedia.com and type in the word protocol.

Seriously 82, do you have any idea how many 'My Saiga won't eject' etc. questions happen here? Total waste of bandwidth and it gets maddening when the question has been answered HUNDREDS of times.

You question was worse in its simplicity as the answer is published data that's easily available.

Sadly your Saiga didn't come with a 'Saiga Sally' comic book set of instructions but as I said, neither did mine.

Etek,

Your butt is showing.

This will be my last on forum response to you on this subject.

1. Army trng is slowed down only when the the matierial being taught is critical, or possibly life threatening.

FWIW ... you aren't funny.

2. As I recall, Airborne, at least thru Class 2-87 when the last of my 160th SOAR Green Plt crew went thru, and you will note, that's the US Army Airborne School was not offering AK 47/74 in any block of instruction. Furthermore, from Basic trng on the ARMY taught "Do not touch or pick up enemy military equipment of any kind unless cleared by EOD or the engineers".

So, basically, your little clown story on tough chit's, & Ak Annie comic books is for the gullible on this forum, not for me... I was there.

Perhaps you went thru on a later class date or knew someone who earned their beanie at a later date when they may have or not taught something about AK's. In the meantime don't involve me in your sorry, ficticious, ' know it all stories, OK?

BTW About that "I just know how you guys are taught and what you expect during any training so I'll type real slow".

You know nothing and are again trying to punch buttons, did you BOLO out of the Army or what? Let me ask you a question on Army Airborne Training, when did you go thru?

And why do I have a feeling - might be wrong, but doubt it - you won't have performed a single PLF or be on any posted graduation Class Roster?

3. A little slow aren't ya'? I already went thru the Search/Archive, protocol, and site Nazi riff. Still looking for buttons?

4. Your definition of effective range of the M2/M3 Browning, HB, Cal .50 and the M60 explains YOUR NEED for training.

I see that even weapons experts like yourself have the need for refresher training - all the services -except maybe yours - are doing it?

You know, The U.S. Army used to put out a little rag about accidents...all of them! from vehicle, aircraft, seaborn toi artty, armor and crew served/individual weapons. There were a lot of 9mm frame failures with a few maiming/fatal injuries but to my knowledge -show me different- there were fewer than 5 .50 cal MG accidents - 88', 91'- not including the helicopter DAP configured weapons. Of those 5 the head space related problems were indeed at the 100 percentile.

However, ALL OF THEM were caused by untagged/unmatched barrels being switched at unit or support maint. levels.

There was one instance of an AC sparkplug .50 being swapped with another -think it was a Fridgidaire, GURU's?- barrels, but due to machining specs there should have been no issue.

As to the head spacing with unmatched barrels, (like you) azz-hat know-it-alls abound everywhere.

The quick change method would appear to be the known click method, where the click/thread/turn count rules.

And by God when you have matched and tagged barrels this method works well, when they don't match .... .

Train them correctly, if that's not to slow for you. Same for those busted 'Chain guns' you mentioned ...training... .

Talking doesn't get it Etec, training and assistance does. Eqiupment while expensive is replaceable, people aren't.

You should try helping instead of wasting time and space on defending your Fk'd up opinions and rants.

5. Again, I don't have to Identify myself to anyone and in this case, particularly, hostile azz-hats with shotguns like...YOU!

From what I've seen I have given as much or more than MOST of the posters/users, members here, you writing a book, want a date or something?

You are a site Nazi, and for some reason out of all your complaints about repetitive posts, you picked me to jump on.

Your Saiga didn't come with a manual .... neither did that crap ejecting mouth and brain of yours...use the search button clown. There will be no response from me to your next unfounded, babbling, diatribe of a comment (that band width you mentioned) and while I suggested you PM me with any further comments on this issue you have with me, I now reverse that suggestion.

Any contact by you is unwanted.

I'll stay out of your post's and your replies, do the same for me.

Again, for your rude, disrepectful, unhelpful, distorting, site nazi attitude thanks for nothing.

Have a nice life, just stay out of mine, bitte .

Edited by 82Weissach
  • Like 2

Have a wonderful Army Day!

Sad that you backfired at a little Inter-Service rivalry. ;)

Didn't know you were so touchy.

As I said before, Thanks for your service.

Edited by Etek
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Sure don't like all this. These are the kind of things that keep most folks from asking questions. I know that we need to search first and most times do, but all this bickering seems to slap that old saying about the "only dumb question is the one not asked" in the face.

Sorry folks, I'll check back after the holidays after I"ve done all my fighting with the inlaws. :lolol:

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Have a wonderful Army Day!

Sad that you backfired at a little Inter-Service rivalry. ;)

Didn't know you were so touchy.

As I said before, Thanks for your service.

Thank you both for your service.

I love Inter-Service rivalry.

I had a Coast Guard buddy that always gave me shit about the Army. I would simply ask him how the process of getting into the Coast Guard worked.

Does it go????

1. Cub Scouts
  2. Boy Scouts
  3. Coast Guard ( or are you required to be an Eagle Scout first???)

Just joshing ETEK

Peace Out

Nightstalkers Rock...........

TYBOY

Edited by TYBOY
  • Like 1