Saiga 12 spotted in movie "District 9"

Watched the Movie "District 9" won't tell you too much, but one of the main characters carries a 12, with a folding stock.

He can shoot about 40 rounds without reloading, LOL

Pretty good Movie, kinda graphic, so know that if you don't like extreme blood and Violence.

that wasnt an S12 it shot rifle ammo not shotgun ammo i thought the same till i saw what it was shooting

He switches back and forth, you can see the shotgun shells on a bandoleer over his shoulder.

LOTs of AKs. The 12 has a metal frame folding stock.

EDIT: You are correct, they have all the weapons used listed here.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/District_9

Edited by VWBeamer

I am surprised that it has not been seen in more movies, it would play well on the big screen. But, frankly, the more unknown it remains, the better I like it.

I am surprised that it has not been seen in more movies, it would play well on the big screen. But, frankly, the more unknown it remains, the better I like it.

Agreed. At the range today I had some guy two benches down with an AR-15 approach me as he uttered the following...

"What... the fuck... is THAT?!"

I just said "12 gauge AK" and he just stood there staring at me in disbelief.

I gave him credit though for having a sensible AR with only a very minimal amount of gear on it. Too many people nowadays show up with a red-dot and a fold-away scope in the rear, and a tri/quad rail with lasers/flood lights/blenders/nade launchers on the front.

I do hope that you offered to let him shoot it......AND see the "made in russia by itzmash" on the side :)

anyone that has ever field stripped any AK, will shut up when you do the same with the saiga-12.

I do hope that you offered to let him shoot it......AND see the "made in russia by itzmash" on the side :)

anyone that has ever field stripped any AK, will shut up when you do the same with the saiga-12.

+1. Every time I go out with mine I always let people shoot it. They always have an ear to ear grin when they are done and can't believe that it's a 12 gauge!

I went to see it twice. and yes a few Saiga's are in there. ak probably 5.56 and the 12 gauge with see through drum.{ or chachuu drum.} as i call it.the scenes flash so fast. when its on d.v.d.you will be able to stop action them. in both scenes the Nigerians have them.and get blown away.

i am very suprised a "Tromix" has not already been in some form of movie either big screen. or made for d.v.d. already.

the new pic "GAMER'would have been a good choice, somebody mentioned he uses one in car chase scene.

as long as its not buried with the freakin kitchen sink hanging off it.flashlight. red dot, green laser.launcher,tri-rail,uni- rail.mono-rail.

and bayonet!

funny thing we have come a long way. in my day two M-14 mags taped together.with duct tape was the big deal.way before mag clamps and such. and on my utility belt.a two mag M-14 pouch.you had to be a better shot.because your patrol load was nothing.

some of that i carried 244 rounds of 7.62 was b.s. unless you lugged a M-60.> well e-nuf of dating myself.<

anyways back to the movie. great action.and great gun shot's. however i would trade in my Saiga 12 for the Prawns { gun that turns you into bloody pulp on a wall. in one shot.}

good stuff. Ron K.

when the troops attack the Nigerian's a guy by the fence throws one up and shoot's.{ he is blown away within one second.} and fall's. another backround scene in shanty town shack guy grabbing for one and running with no drum.camera work is like ala "Cloverfield and "Blackhawk Down"

so some stuff is fairly quick. like trying to locate a special ak-47 in 'Rambo Four'.

I'm a freakin old dude so i would expect the under 40 crowd or 30 to catch it alot faster.

regards Ron K.

hey at least they put up a custom chopped Saiga.{ they could have used the chinese copy of the winny 97 pump}all tho....not a bad cheap blaster gun.

however it would have been much nicer to see the M.D.ARMS Drum on it.

Bikeryoda thanks for the pic. regards Ron K.

I'm not surprised Hollywood went with the Wraithfaker one bit. For one real life has never played much a rule there, on screen or off. And because it does have a unique look, the open design. What makes it so damn unique of a design and look is everyone that as a damn clue knows not to do it, which makes them super rare these days!

I'm not surprised Hollywood went with the Wraithfaker one bit. For one real life has never played much a rule there, on screen or off. And because it does have a unique look, the open design. What makes it so damn unique of a design and look is everyone that as a damn clue knows not to do it, which makes them super rare these days!

They are way more concerned with how something "reads" on film, then how well it works!

Edited by Azrial
Oh yeah!!! At least the people that matter knows which drum to pick!!! You may see that piece of crap on TV but you will never see it on a military vehicle like this!!!

What!!! When will those S12 bolt ons be available?

You can read more here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry404045

Oh yeah, The gamer... They sure took the cheap and easy way out on the saiga-12. Dumbasses should have used a Tromix S-17 or something!

I might be wrong, but I think I spotted an S-12 with a drum mag in the upcoming movie Gamer...

i think they chose that cheap drum just because it looks aggressive (its a movie prop).....looks can be deceiving though because we all know its actually a piece of shit compared to an MD Arms drum! But hey atleast there is an S12 in a movie finally! i think im going to go see it just for the S12

well has anybody here seen the "GAMER" movie yet. and give a review of any of the s-12 scene's.. hopefully there had been a few, and not just in the trailer portion.

{ oh and Mike}I sent you a three drum order this past week.to keep the home fire's burning.

we all should get a Drum...or two. regards Ron K.