is this a full auto fire control group

Yup, you can own it, you just can't install it... well, you can't install it at all without a 3-hole receiver. If you happened to have a 3-hole receiver AND this, you'd be in quite a bit of hot water if you got caught with them, even dissembled... unless you had a legally transferable AK with your Form 1.

Yup, you can own it, you just can't install it... well, you can't install it at all without a 3-hole receiver. If you happened to have a 3-hole receiver AND this, you'd be in quite a bit of hot water if you got caught with them, even dissembled... unless you had a legally transferable AK with your Form 1.

Constructive Intent gets ya 20+ years with some guy named Bubba who will take a peculiar interest in your back door.

Unlike M16 parts, you can own all of these parts AND any Kalashnikov you like.

These parts will not work to make anything 'go fast' unless you have a 3 hole receiver, an are legal to own (unless you're in Washington state).

For those of you crying out "constructive intent", you should probably rid your household of any common tools if you own firearms, ( a hacksaw + a shotgun = 'constructive intent to make an unregistered SBS', etc). IOW, please drop the drama off at the door, next time.

IN five years military and 20 years LE I have wasted untold thousands of rounds on "rock N roll". Fun, but in most situations a waste of expensive ammunition (unless you are incredibly wealthy and can afford it)! Even in semi-auto fire, I can pull the trigger on my Saiga and M1 carbine fast enough to empty a 30 or 40 round mag in less 20 seconds. That still wastes more ammo than I care to. Give me an indefinite supply of reliable, rapid, repeat, aimed shots, and I will be fine.

Unless you are in immanent danger of Cuban paratroopers dropping into your yard, or post apocalyptic zombies surrounding your house to eat the flesh of you and yours, a 30 year stretch in a grey stone hotel IS NOT WORTH IT! SO for the Walter Mitty crowd (google it) and arm chair tacticool commandos, forget it! If you are by yourself and need full auto fire, YOU ARE SCREWED!

IN five years military and 20 years LE I have wasted untold thousands of rounds on "rock N roll". Fun, but in most situations a waste of expensive ammunition (unless you are incredibly wealthy and can afford it)! Even in semi-auto fire, I can pull the trigger on my Saiga and M1 carbine fast enough to empty a 30 or 40 round mag in less 20 seconds. That still wastes more ammo than I care to. Give me an indefinite supply of reliable, rapid, repeat, aimed shots, and I will be fine.

Unless you are in immanent danger of Cuban paratroopers dropping into your yard, or post apocalyptic zombies surrounding your house to eat the flesh of you and yours, a 30 year stretch in a grey stone hotel IS NOT WORTH IT! SO for the Walter Mitty crowd (google it) and arm chair tacticool commandos, forget it! If you are by yourself and need full auto fire, YOU ARE SCREWED!

I'll give this a big "AMEN"!! :smoke:

Having a 3 hole reciever and all these parts in a drawer mean nothing. You can't be held and charged with owing parts. The definition of a machine gun is a firearm that fires more than one round on depressing the trigger. Parts in my desk drawer mean just that. Parts. I can have everything to build a suppressor as well, but as long as I don't "build" it I'm not in possesion of it.

When's the last time anyone even "came" to your house to look at your stuff???

Edited by Darth AkSarBen
Having a 3 hole reciever and all these parts in a drawer mean nothing. You can't be held and charged with owing parts. The definition of a machine gun is a firearm that fires more than one round on depressing the trigger. Parts in my desk drawer mean just that. Parts. I can have everything to build a suppressor as well, but as long as I don't "build" it I'm not in possesion of it.

Here you go. It is in the Federal definition of "machine gun" in section B

http://www.nraila.org/media/misc/FederalFi...htm#Sec.%205845

Here is some case law;

http://www.titleii.com/BardwellOLD/us_v_mccauley.txt

http://www.titleii.com/BardwellOLD/us_v_was.txt

Go ahead and have all the three holed receivers and full auto fire groups you want. You can even throw in a couple of those unassembled sliencers. They can't do anything about it. That's what the defendents in the two cases I listed thought too. It was probably the first time anyone came to their house and took their stuff also ;)

" It was probably the first time anyone came to their house and took their stuff also"

Read their reports. Selling to the BATF etc. Selling and advertising will get you noticed. If it were that easy for someone to be arrested for a reciever with 3 holes or a pack of parts, the courts would be filled with people awaiting trials. I see the definition as a NFA weaon as receiver and/or parts that make it into a machine gun. First guy was trying to sell a fully assembled weapon without the magazine. Second case they were trying to sell M-16 suto sears. Interesting points all. If elected President I would do away with the current NFA laws, and simply put in it's place "Anyone using a machine gun or suppressor in a crime against persons or property would receive and additional 20 years in prison, on top of the primary charge". And just leave it at that. Someone should be able to have a a weapon in the U.S. that our current military has access to. This is the whole point of the Second Amendment. It is a last ditch security to prevent a tyrannical government. Felons, and criminals will do these things anyway (make illegal full automatic weapons) to use in a crime, without permits. Law abiding citizens should be able to posses a M-16 or AK-47 select fire and have fun at their local range, wasting ammo (if that is what they want to do). It keeps eveyone on the same level.

" It was probably the first time anyone came to their house and took their stuff also"

Read their reports. Selling to the BATF etc. Selling and advertising will get you noticed. If it were that easy for someone to be arrested for a reciever with 3 holes or a pack of parts, the courts would be filled with people awaiting trials. I see the definition as a NFA weaon as receiver and/or parts that make it into a machine gun. First guy was trying to sell a fully assembled weapon without the magazine. Second case they were trying to sell M-16 suto sears. Interesting points all. If elected President I would do away with the current NFA laws, and simply put in it's place "Anyone using a machine gun or suppressor in a crime against persons or property would receive and additional 20 years in prison, on top of the primary charge". And just leave it at that. Someone should be able to have a a weapon in the U.S. that our current military has access to. This is the whole point of the Second Amendment. It is a last ditch security to prevent a tyrannical government. Felons, and criminals will do these things anyway (make illegal full automatic weapons) to use in a crime, without permits. Law abiding citizens should be able to posses a M-16 or AK-47 select fire and have fun at their local range, wasting ammo (if that is what they want to do). It keeps eveyone on the same level.

I agree completely with your views on how it should be. I'm just saying don't let your views get you caught up in something you don't want any part of. The laws are there and are interperated very liberally. Watch your ass and be careful about the parts you collect. They (liberal anit gun people) are just looking for an excuse to take your guns away.

Bah, the parts are not good for anything, can't legally install them. No point to own as any time that an auto would be more handy then the legal problems that come with them, it will already be to late to spend a day in a metal shop to install them. Plus ammo is always hard to come by in quantity's that you will blast through with an auto.

I made a bumpfire stock that works and has been ok'ed by BATFE. It does not bumpfire the gun for you, rather it allows for improved grip and sight picture while bumping. Either way, last time I had it out I shot 100.00+ in ammo in half an hour... I will not be doing that again for some time.

Bah, the parts are not good for anything, can't legally install them. No point to own as any time that an auto would be more handy then the legal problems that come with them, it will already be to late to spend a day in a metal shop to install them. Plus ammo is always hard to come by in quantity's that you will blast through with an auto.

I made a bumpfire stock that works and has been ok'ed by BATFE. It does not bumpfire the gun for you, rather it allows for improved grip and sight picture while bumping. Either way, last time I had it out I shot 100.00+ in ammo in half an hour... I will not be doing that again for some time.

show us some picks of the stock, please good sir..

show us some picks of the stock, please good sir..

Well I wouldn't say the parts "aren't good for anything". An "AK" trigger is the same, semi or full auto. If you grind off a small notch at the bottom of the hammer, it is now "semi", & if you remove the tail on the disconnector, it also becomes "semi". Now you have a "factory semi FCG" that will work perfectly. Dump the retarder & replace it with a small spacer, or spring. A G-2 kit is about $30, vs a Tapco mag which is about $16. Either gives you 3 US parts. You really only need 1 US mag. GARY N4KVE Edited by N4KVE
  • Like 1
A "3 hole receiver" is all you need for a 20 year vacation at Club Fed.

Show me the statute.

An AR with a autosear hole will get you the same vacation deal. It is based on the theory of intent, not constructive possession.

• Like 1
Yet another dumb law. Any gangbanger can take any semi an make it full auto. That law only stops lawful people from having the same weapons as the bad guys.

I wouldn't say any, as many criminals are total dumb fucks :)

The BATFE would disagree with you. Looks like a few of the 2006 Saiga 7.62 receivers were a little too authentic for the FedGov's liking.

slide4.jpg

It's your life and liberty though, so more power to you. :chris::smoke:

Edited by McDuck

Interesting picture. I concede that the BATFE are even addressing non functioning auto weapons with "potential" of such even as much as an auto sear pin/hole. Makes you wonder if anyone ever has one of those in his closet that never paid much attention to it. We, here in the forums, are great to look at dropping in NEW FCG and other modifications to move the firearm to the more original configuration of what it was, only in semi-automatic form. There has to be some that bought the rifle and simply do not know about this forum or this idea of changing the FCG and may have innocently put them in their closet or other places and really not thought too much about it. There has to be a large number of individuals that bought and shoot their Saiga 7.62 x 39 rifle just like it was from the box, and perhaps never even think about this "conversion" we do or realize exactly what they have. My cousin in Nebraska is an avid shooter, living out on the ranch, but refuses to embrace the internet as he calls it "a waste of time".

You can see the original slide show at this link: http://www.ellettbrothers.com/Saiga/SlideShow.asp

Well, one thing.... just goes to show just how AUTHENTIC these Saiga's are to the original AK-47s!

Also, this forum would NOT be a place to post that you have one of these rifles, if you do, and I highly doubt that you do since all of them have been turned back in. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth AkSarBen

I had a chance a few months back to bring home a nice under folder and a fairly nice (for Iraq) Egyptian AK both full auto. The only problem was getting both of them back w/out getting caught. Ended up just being easier to just leave them there for the next unit and just be happy with my Saiga. Its pretty bad when I carried a fully auto belt fed weapon for a year straight but the government doesnt think Im responsible enough to own any gun I choose. Gotta love irony.

This is why EVERY NIB 7.62x39mm saiga rifle's wrapping/inhibitor paper has a small, clean cut in it. The ATF inspects EVERY one of those now, as soon as the container is opened.

The BATFE would disagree with you. Looks like a few of the 2006 Saiga 7.62 receivers were a little too authentic for the FedGov's liking.

slide4.jpg

It's your life and liberty though, so more power to you. :chris::smoke:

• 3 months later...

This is kind of bringing up an old topic, but I just stumbled across this at Gunbrokers. The item listed is an AR lower receiver with the 3 position fire control switch. Wouldn't this be kind of an "intent" sort of rifle, even if you built it to the semi-auto status?

link of the picture and details of the part in question: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=150573213