Custom Saiga Stocks

GoAF.......I don't know for sure. If you can enterpret the ATF rules and regs let ME know. May have to win the 5 US game but on the other hand, thumbholes are not considered pistol grips in other cases, Go figure.

Regards, Jerry

F4D:

Very nice stocks, I'm impressed, looks alot like my AK which is exactly what I want to do.

Oh yeah, I'm not making stocks of my own, Billyjobob is the craftsman who posted his pics.

Also, you might want to read the link posted by Tapperman on thumbhole stock regs if you haven't already. You may want to seek ATF approval on your product.

http://www.atf.gov/regulations/tdatf396.htm

Good luck.

This is from BATFE:

"ATF agrees with the commenter that replacing a separate pistol grip

with a thumbhole stock does not remove the pistol grip as a feature. A

semiautomatic rifle or semiautomatic shotgun with a thumbhole stock and

one or more of the other features specified in the law would be a

``semiautomatic assault weapon'' as defined. However, ATF does not

believe it is necessary to provide a separate definition of ``pistol

grip'' or any of the other features listed in the statute."

Doesn't look like this will be able to fly......

Templar, KY, and Saltpeter. Salt, your board name takes me back to early AF times when they put it in the potatoes to keep you from messing with the CO's daughter. At least that's what we were all told!!!!!! Getting a reply from the ATF is hard enough let alone an authorization for anything regarding gun mods and configurations as you all know. At 60 and counting, Played in the battle field, payed the due taxes, and never had the pleasure of being incarcerated The "rules" of gun ownership in our country is completely bonkers. We can own US made semi-autos with hi-cap mags, muzzle brakes, pistol grips, sniper scopes, and what ever else you might want to throw on the weapon. Buy an imported and it's a new ball game..........go figure!! All right, it's all you guy's fault that got me on this soap box. I humbly apologize. I am working on the ATF thing but I will not hold my breath on that matter. I will however, keep on pluggin away at developing and trying to produce a product for the Saiga line of rifles that are inexpensive, functional, and fun. Ok....the gear is up and I'm outta here.

NomoreChardonaytonight.......Jerry :unsure:

I also like the forward pistol grip and would like one for the Saiga 12. The only problem I could see (and its a minor one) is that the grip would have to be far enough forward so as not to interfere with inserting/removing the mags. Probably wouldn't matter too much with the 5 rounders but the 8 rounders might be a little tight. You could always cant the front grip forward. Hopefully, someone with more talent then yours truely will take it upon themselves to produce one. It would make the 12 gauge beast the much more controlable.

12gGunman, I'm working on the change as we speak. 762x39, 223, and 308 is no problem but you are correct, the angle has to be canted forward about 4 degrees for shot guns. The one I'm working on now is Birch with a really nice grain so I will stain it. :rolleyes:

F4D, actually, after the first class3 permit shock is over, it's not that bad. the $200 is a minor expense compared to some other expenses. Hardest thing is waiting on ATF. You'd figure that with several class3 permits already on file and being a LEO, things would speed up a little, but in this, we're all truely equal. Keep me posted on the stocks. Any idea of what price range you'll be looking at for the front grips?