.223 reload recipies for saiga .223

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any .223 recipies for the .223 Saiga. I plan to reload for mine, That's why I went with it. I have a bunch of components when I reloaded for an AR-15. I have a real good load that I used to use in Highpower comp. If I'm correct, the Saiga barrel has a 1-9" twist so it should shot 68-69 gr bullets w/ no problem.... The load I used for matches was:

LC-91 brass

Win SmRP primers

25.5 gr of AA2520

Sierra 69gr BTHP

Any information or recipies would be appreciated. Thanks :beer: Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any .223 recipies for the .223 Saiga. I plan to reload for mine, That's why I went with it. I have a bunch of components when I reloaded for an AR-15. I have a real good load that I used to use in Highpower comp. If I'm correct, the Saiga barrel has a 1-10" twist so it should shot 68-69 gr bullets w/ no problem.... The load I used for matches was:

LC-91 brass

Win SmRP primers

25.5 gr of AA2520

Sierra 69gr BTHP

Any information or recipies would be appreciated. Thanks :beer: Cheers!

Nobody has any recipes or is it an "Ancient Chinese Secret"............ :ph34r:

Edited by concretus

Do I need to order more CALGON?!?!? :lol:

I can take any brass I happen to have load it with varget till no more fits... seat a 50-65 grain bullet to the chosen depth and go have at it. With that said... Varget is the powder I like to use... You cant overload a 223 with it... and less than full case loads will usually group better... I would say 24.5 grains of varget and a 52 grain BTHP gives me great groups out of my AR... I dont EVER reload for my Saigas... they dont have optics on them, just iron sights... they were made to hit man sized targets at battlefield ranges... If I want one hole groups I shoot through the AR that will put 5 rounds in a single hole at 100 yards... Not too often I have to decide WHICH eyeball to shoot a woodchuck in... but I KNOW with my saiga I dont have to worry about it... cause it will never be with me while I am woodchuck/varmint hunting... :up: If something goes bump in the night, and I happen to grab the .223 Saiga... with wolf junk ammo in it... I know it will shoot 2 inch groups offhand with the irons at 50 yards... if thats not good enough... I dunno what is...

:smoke: