They're turning off the Internet tomorrow!!!

If it (the internet) all ended tomorrow, I would crap my drawers i got rid of tv about 10 years ago and rely on the internet for all of my intertainment now. I do have a slew of dvd's wating to be watched, but the instant communication loss would be a major pain. Good to read that it can't hpapen.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prudent would have a contingency plan already in place. Think about every situation possible, such as, EMP attacks etc. Take this into consideration.......SITUATION: The current gov. regime is unfriendly toward gun owners, and plans to implement draconian measures to restrict gun ownership, restrict ammo purchasing, or entirely abolish ownership beyond the failed 1994 assult weapons ban. When coupled with failed economic policy of the continued bailout programs offerd to large corporations, the future will most definitely turn hostile for the majority of the population as survival becoms more important than prestige. This is on top of a looming ban on SUV's, and given the immensely inflated stimulus package, an eventual grab on registered gold to pay for the paper currency. The most likely turn of events involves riots, gang disturbances, border drug war bleed over, Federal or State gun grabs, SUV confiscation, with all of it eventually developing into a police state that mirrors the Soviet and Nazi regimes.

Everyone in all three of my squads have a certian skill that they are masters at. They have all been selected very carefully. All are marksman. All are survivalist. All are commited.

RECOMMENDED READING:

Light Infantry Tactics: For Small Teams, Christopher E. Larsen

Anything by Don Paul: Everybody's Outdoor Survival Guide

The Green Beret's Compass Course

Everybody's Knife Bible

Great Livin' In Grubby Times

The Rifle Rules

SAS Survival Handbook

SMCT 21-1, Soldiers Manual of Common Tasks

Boston's Gun Bible, Boston T. Party

Ranger Handbook

FM 17-98 Scout Platoon Manual

FM 7-1 Infantry Platoon Manual

www.survialblog.com

www.therangerdigest.com

www.survival-books.com

And most importantly.........GOD'S HOLY BIBLE

Good luck gentlemen

You forgot the best, Patriots by James Rawles

There are several politicians in this country calling for more internet control. Think about it, besides Fox News they really have no major TV network telling at least half the truth about them. The only true way to disseminate information is on the net. That is if you can decide what is BS and what is not.

Edited by Bean.223

Lol, I just saw that posted on another site and was coming to this thread to post it. Looks like you beat me to it!

I remember earlier this year hearing something about this Bill, and here it is :cryss:

I really don't like stuff like this. 1984 was NOT an instruction manual.

50,000 unstoppable watts!!!

You can't stop the signal!!!!

No electricity, no internet, try it, go flip your main breaker. :)

Heck my internet has gone down just because of a problem with my high speed provider which is Charter.

When you call they say they have a large outage and their working on it.

He was replying to HAM Radio.... You CAN'T stop the signal.

post-19652-1251488860.jpg

Oh boy... You know this is trouble when you look at who is main sponsor and revising the bill...

They're not much happier about a revised version that aides toSen. Jay Rockefeller, a West Virginia Democrat, have spent months drafting behind closed doors. CNET News has obtained a copy of the 55-page draft of S.773 (excerpt), which still appears to permit the president to seize temporary control of private-sector networks during a so-called cybersecurity emergency.
The prudent would have a contingency plan already in place. Think about every situation possible, such as, EMP attacks etc. Take this into consideration.......SITUATION: The current gov. regime is unfriendly toward gun owners, and plans to implement draconian measures to restrict gun ownership, restrict ammo purchasing, or entirely abolish ownership beyond the failed 1994 assult weapons ban. When coupled with failed economic policy of the continued bailout programs offerd to large corporations, the future will most definitely turn hostile for the majority of the population as survival becoms more important than prestige. This is on top of a looming ban on SUV's, and given the immensely inflated stimulus package, an eventual grab on registered gold to pay for the paper currency. The most likely turn of events involves riots, gang disturbances, border drug war bleed over, Federal or State gun grabs, SUV confiscation, with all of it eventually developing into a police state that mirrors the Soviet and Nazi regimes.

Everyone in all three of my squads have a certian skill that they are masters at. They have all been selected very carefully. All are marksman. All are survivalist. All are commited.

RECOMMENDED READING:

Everybody's Knife Bible

The Rifle Rules

SAS Survival Handbook

Ranger Handbook

www.survialblog.com

www.therangerdigest.com

www.survival-books.com

Good luck gentlemen

Amen to all that you said. Yes, for most survival scenarios a close knit group of carefully chosen people is best IMHO

Do read "Patriots surviving the coming collapse" by James Rawles. And here's just one real possibility that will knock

out power on whichever side of the planet is facing the sun at the time of it's arrival. A massive CME (coronal mass ejection) The sun has been acting very different the last few years. In 2003 a CME was so huge that it was off the

measuring scale by 20 fold. Luckily for us it shot out from the sun on the side not facing the earth.

On another subject. I hope none of my fellow Saiga 12 friends on this site are going to take the vaccine that these

bastards are going to try to force on us. DON"T TAKE IT, YOU WILL BE SORRY!!

RECOMMENDED READING:

Everybody's Knife Bible

The Rifle Rules

SAS Survival Handbook

Ranger Handbook

www.survialblog.com

www.therangerdigest.com

www.survival-books.com

Good luck gentlemen

Amen to all that you said. Yes, for most survival scenarios a close knit group of carefully chosen people is best IMHO

Do read "Patriots surviving the coming collapse" by James Rawles. And here's just one real possibility that will knock

out power on whichever side of the planet is facing the sun at the time of it's arrival. A massive CME (coronal mass ejection) The sun has been acting very different the last few years. In 2003 a CME was so huge that it was off the

measuring scale by 20 fold. Luckily for us it shot out from the sun on the side not facing the earth.

On another subject. I hope none of my fellow Saiga 12 friends on this site are going to take the vaccine that these

bastards are going to try to force on us. DON"T TAKE IT, YOU WILL BE SORRY!!

CME/EMP would put us in the 1800's in the blink of an eye. Get ready boy's, were in for a rough ride. Just think of all the people who don't know how to hunt or make pottable water. When there is no food at the supermarket, no trucks to deliver food and no water pumping stations to deliever tap, people will become like animals with no regard for others. The swine flu could get very intresting soon. I agree, don't take the flu shot! Every citizen should have a defence budget, just like the gov. does. Remember, you can't eat bullets and when in a fire fight, don't conserve ammo because chances are you won't live long enough to shoot it all. Good luck, Double.

Saw mention made of homing pigeons... That's what us and our... ummm... friends have been testing. Works like a charm, and encryption/ time sensitive key codes in addition provide extra security. Here's a hint for secure comm: have a "sealant" method that is specific to the sender, so the reciever knows that the message is not tampered with. I'm sure y'all will figure that out, you're a sharp bunch.

HAM radio seems to be a good option, as does CB if you have the repeater structure for distance. Just remember that TPTB have radios too, as well as directional gear. I'd maintain silence or stay passive. Single/double squelch can even be tracked down. If you transmit, MOVE.

As far as books, I saw some great ones mentioned, but another that not too many people know about is "Edicts of Ares" by Michael C. Riggs. The man was MACVSOG, but didn't spend too much time in Vietnam, if you catch my drift. (I've had the privelege to speak to Mr. Riggs a few times on the phone, he is BTDT for real) It is THE manual for the modern warfighter, learned from real world experience as well as history. It is still available on Amazon, I think. Worth every penny.

As previously mentioned, the prepared and prudent individual/group already has some sort of structure in place for just such an eventuality. Personally, my family won't be around to see the interweb go down, IF it ever does. The banks will take their "holiday", or the "manbirdpig" flu vaccine will be "mandatory" well before the interweb would go down.

Good topic though.

Adolph Hitler burned books after he took over Germany.

Giving the President control of the internet could be viewed as electronic book burning.

Hitler also promised "change", and had all gun owners in the Republic register their firearms (for easier collection).

Need we learn from our mistakes again?

Adolph Hitler burned books after he took over Germany.

Giving the President control of the internet could be viewed as electronic book burning.

Hitler also promised "change", and had all gun owners in the Republic register their firearms (for easier collection).

Need we learn from our mistakes again?

Ever notice that every time, the people; in the bible were disarmed it was the divine judgement of GOD? We currently live in a society that has a profound amount of people who are self-serving and greedy; haters of GOD who call "evil, good and good, evil". No surprise then that disarmament would be comming. It's not just rumors but it's a real possiblity. Big gov. is getting bold; wanting to CHANGE the foundation that this country was built on; GOD. History speakes for itself and in history we have had to repeat ourselves time and time again. We are stubborn people.

Ever notice that every time, the people; in the bible were disarmed it was the divine judgement of GOD? We currently live in a society that has a profound amount of people who are self-serving and greedy; haters of GOD who call "evil, good and good, evil". No surprise then that disarmament would be comming. It's not just rumors but it's a real possiblity. Big gov. is getting bold; wanting to CHANGE the foundation that this country was built on; GOD. History speakes for itself and in history we have had to repeat ourselves time and time again. We are stubborn people.

Beautiful!!!!

the "internet" is a bunch of programs and systems that use a wasteful "tcp/ip" protocol to communicate. The origin of the "internet" (TCP/IP) is from a desire to have code thrown out there (read: ARP table) from any system, upon case of nuclear attack on the USA. If an entire city were lost, the network would not "break".

I can operate a server (if i really REALLY wanted to, which i dont ) on a 120 baud modem to every computer linked to my system, if permission was granted. My data would only have to go out oh, once or twice, maybe, for packet error recovery, before the network swam with it. This is kind of the idea of a serious computer virus, really.

....it is the legacy of the sons of the "greatest generation". welcome to 1953, folks.

check IBM's "redbook" out. and not the bullshit one you can download. If you are a serious IT person, you should own one in hardcopy. I have been using the "internet" as you all call it, since DARPA still was an entity on it. (ya know, skynet, gohper and archie, among others?) I knew (I guess I still know them both) the original netops for the original two IRC servers ever made.....for starters.....(chicago and finland for the newbs)

this was a WEAPON, people. 1956 was its birth year, so far as I know.

I think its pretty f'n cool, if you ask me......

I know a "little more" than the public about this "thing". Im not regulated in what I can say, but I choose to not talk about some of all of this shit. I would rather paint your house.....or go shoot some guns with ya'll.......

trust me, Mr Cam is having some fun here!

Beautiful!!!!

Read: "Shooting Back" by Charl Van Wyk. Great book for those who might be apprehensive about taking someone's life based of biblical principals. Also, a good read for those who want to know more about the history of gun control. JGSALES has it for cheap.

• 1 month later...

RECOMMENDED READING:

Everybody's Knife Bible

The Rifle Rules

SAS Survival Handbook

Ranger Handbook

www.survialblog.com

www.therangerdigest.com

www.survival-books.com

Good luck gentlemen

there is another book that NEEDS to be on this list: "When Technology Fails" by Mathew Stein. It is a Manual for Self-Reliance, Sustainability, and Surviving the Long Emergency.

This book was brought to my attention on the Coast to Coast AM Radio show with George Noory one night when he had the author on the show. I was so intrigued that i went out and bought the last copy the bookstore had, and i LOVE it!

Edited by RoughRider666

JulianH - its been done before....now yer talkin my kinda fun!!!

....will......not.....come....out.....of....hacking....retirement.....want....life....and....job.....

my "black box" is sitting in the closet....Id hate to have to plug that thing in again.....I havent had to since september of 2001, or at least felt a need to, at least :) (it aint any dark shade of grey, its an actual black box, and its not some black chick I keep handy for whatever.. if any of you know what that means....)

good old 1953 tech.....aw yeh...

sorry guys, its late, and i cant sleep.

so much for the days of superman and Mr Mitnick.......

Great reading list! And you know what guys, I have only been on/around this forum for a couple weeks, but the depth and breadth of your collective is impressive.

I want one of the IED Jammers we install in the MRAPs. The Antenna to be installed on the roof of my house, disguised as a standpipe for a toilet, and the jammer in the safe room. If I ever had to go "operate" it would keep the guys confused for a block. It really does take out the cellphones and the FRS radios etc!

Tony is starting my 8" S-17, and I have already annoyed the missus with a couple 50 pound FedEx deliveries. Looking at how hard it is to get reloading components for my bullet guns, I am pleased that 12GA is plentiful.

Here's the reading list that had additions:

RECOMMENDED READING:

Everybody's Knife Bible

The Rifle Rules

SAS Survival Handbook

Ranger Handbook

www.survialblog.com

www.therangerdigest.com

www.survival-books.com

Patriots by James Rawness

"Edicts of Ares" by Michael C. Riggs

"Shooting Back" by Charl Van Wyk

"When Technology Fails" by Mathew Stein.

And most importantly.........GOD'S HOLY BIBLE (I concur) BTW "proselytizing" here in Kuwait for any other religion than Muslim is AGAINST THE LAW!

Ken

my "black box" is sitting in the closet....Id hate to have to plug that thing in again.....I havent had to since september of 2001, or at least felt a need to, at least :) (it aint any dark shade of grey, its an actual black box, and its not some black chick I keep handy for whatever.. if any of you know what that means....)

Oh, you phreak, you... I actually met John "Captain Crunch" Draper at a rave in San Francisco back in 2000 or 2001... he was one weird lookin dude by then, hair all over the place, crazy look in his eye, and missing a lot of teeth. As it turns out, my Dad knew him from way back in the day, from the homebrew computer club in Palo Alto, CA. Apparently, he's always been one weird dude, but as far as I can tell most of those HBCC guys were(pops included).

I used to read phrack and 2600 pretty ardently, but I was kinda born too late to really get too into phreaking and hacking. The laws were much harsher, and I just wasn't big on getting thrown in the pen.