The 5.45x39 picture thread

I figured I'd see if I could sneak this one in, maybe get it stickied! Everyone who has a 5.45x39, show it off :-D I already have in the other thread, but I'll post it again here just for the sake of this thread :

post-3-1251397151_thumb.jpg

post-3-1251397170_thumb.jpg

EDIT : I just got on the spare Saiga furniture I had from the first one that I painted green. Looks great :-D

Now let's see your beast!

EDIT : Please try to stay on-topic, this is the PICTURES THREAD NOT the chit-chat thread. Thanks.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With 74 laminate:                       Z

Not anywhere near as nice as the ones above me....     Sidenote is it really necessary to quote someone and include all of their 30 big ass pictures in it? (damn thats annoying!)

Brakeless no more.  

Posted Images

Okay... so how's mine, in butt-naked pre-conversion form? :lolol:

post-3-1251397213_thumb.jpg

By the way, I'M FRIGGEN ECSTATIC AS HELL to see that this subforum was created!!!

:super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super:

Edited by Makc

We have some left still at 369 + shipping

Tom converted one last week, to check processes and other things he needed to know.....I think he was asking 795 for this particular one....not sure if he sold it or not yet, though.

post-83-1251397008_thumb.jpg

post-83-1251397047_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Do the 5.45 saiga's sport PG holes?

YES they do!!!

I'll get pic's up of my conversion this weekend(paint is drying) ;)

HAHAHA, so is the paint on mine :)

Gotta let that high heat spray paint on my barrel dry before I'm putting a front sight post and AK74 muzzle brake from Krebs on it :)

Will post pics next week!

BTW, SaigaNoobie and I did the conversion of your rifles together last week. He beat me to posting pics that lucky skunk! OH, did he mention he had few duds with the old Russina Mil Surplus ammo... bad 30 year old ammo or bad firing pin in those brand spanking new 5.45???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do the 5.45 saiga's sport PG holes?

YES they do!!!

I'll get pic's up of my conversion this weekend(paint is drying) ;)

HAHAHA, so is the paint on mine :)

Gotta let that high heat spray paint on my barrel dry before I'm putting a front sight post and AK74 muzzle brake from Krebs on it :)

Will post pics next week!

BTW, SaigaNoobie and I did the conversion of your rifles together last week. He beat me to posting pics that lucky skunk! OH, did he mention he had few duds with the old Russina Mil Surplus ammo... bad 30 year old ammo or bad firing pin in those brand spanking new 5.45???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Check out this video. You can see the two rounds that fail to go bang. I don't know if it's my firing pin or the primers. When I tossed those two back in the gun, they fired fine.

th_MOV08566.jpg

I had the same issue this weekend. Before restoration I had zero failures out of 150rds of russian surplus. After restoration and with polished trigger and light hammer spring I was getting some failures to fire,butt all fired second time. Replaced oem hammer spring and will bring oem hammer to the range this weekend and see if still happens.

Let me know if you find out whats causeing your failures before I do, and Ill post what I figure out this saturday.

FWIW SaigaNoobie and VeprK, I am having the exact same problem with FTF due to light primer strikes on both my SGL31 and my AKSU. The only thing changed on them both was the addition of a G2 trigger and the reduced power spring.

The SGL settled down after a few mags but the ASKU continued to have the problem all day. Neither had the problem before swapping springs so I'm pretty sure that's it.

I may leave the reduced power spring in the SGL if it continues to run ok but I think the AKSU is going to need it's orginal spring back.

Z

whoa... that NPSU looks formidable. The labeling on the brightness dial would lead me to suspect that the unit houses a CRT... is this a night vision device? Might be a fun thing to have if not outlawed by your state. *points at california and laughs*

• Like 2

The Krink is an Arsenal 107UR, factory built 7.62. Great rifle.

The scope is more of a collector's buy, but the NSPU's on the market now do function and they work pretty well. If you shop around and maybe check Gunbroker you might find one cheaper than $400, I want to say I've seen one or two for $295ish

I've used mine on my Drag and it's a fun scope to shoot with it.

(and they can be shot during daylight as long as the filter cap is on)

Z

• Like 1