The 5.45x39 picture thread

Since the thread is slowing down due to lack of 5.45's..

I added a UTG978 QD mount and NCStar 6x32 scope.. also scooped up a 2nd 10 round factory mag for $25..

Able to do 1 1/2" - 2" groups at 100 yards.. and about 4 1/2" groups (of 20+ rounds) at 200 yards..

To me its a tack driver at 100 yards IMHO.. Helene (this rifle) is my 'lite' sniper.. :lolol:

post-8775-034419400 1282567157_thumb.jpg

Enjoy..

Al

• Like 1
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With 74 laminate:                       Z

Not anywhere near as nice as the ones above me....     Sidenote is it really necessary to quote someone and include all of their 30 big ass pictures in it? (damn thats annoying!)

Brakeless no more.  

Posted Images

Sounds good. I have a scope ready to try the accuracy of mine on the same mount, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Sounds like you got a good shooting little 5.45, hope I can get groups that good at 100yards.

I need to try and snag me a couple more 10 round mags when I get some more money. I did take a 30 rounder and made it into a 20 rounder. So that gives me 5-30, 1-20 and 1-10 round mag.

Curious was you shooting off of a bag? I plan on trying mine off of a rest to taker out my error to see what it can do.

rigrat..

yes.. It was off a 'front' caldwell bag.. the smallest 4 shot group was 1 1/4" (pic is in the 545 section somewhere in a range report back in April I think)..

Most 5.45x39 Saiga's shoot tight as they have very little kick and the 7N6 ammo for $150/tin kicks butt and shoots flat.

Glad I got it when I did.. Was $329 I think I paid for mine.. Wouldn't sell for less than $600 now as it sits. Its just tooo nice..

I have 2 Bulgy Circle 10 mags for her also.. But I like running 10 rounders when trying to shrink the groups from the bag/bench.

This doubles as my AR killer at the range as most guys there run AR's and can't belive the CONSISTENT groups at 200 yards from 'an AK'.. :lolol: .. some AR guys at the range can't get a 10" group going correctly with there $300 scopes either though..

Al

nice shooting Al.and way to rub a little on the die hard ar guys.nothing like being able to stay fairly level on accuracy,no jamming ultra reliable,cost less to shoot,and has more kill power.and no im not anti AR.i own one too.i just know which one is a better "combat" rifle.

Edited by BuzzNectar

nice shooting Al.and way to rub a little on the die hard ar guys.nothing like being able to stay fairly level on accuracy,no jamming ultra reliable,cost less to shoot,and has more kill power.and no im not anti AR.i own one too.i just know which one is a better "combat" rifle.

Here's a group for ya. Everyone who thinks an AK is inaccurate changes their opinion after this one. FYI, the cardboard is about the size of a man's chest....@ 500 yds.

CIMG1851edit.jpg?t=1283264284

No bench, no rest. Me, my sling, the ground and a $29 Tasco 3-9x40 scope. It's an AR* fanboi's worst nightmare.

CIMG1836.jpg?t=1283264167

*I do have an AR, so I'm not totally bashing the platform, but I do know which gun I would choose to rely on for 500 yard shots.

• Like 3

Here's a group for ya. Everyone who thinks an AK is inaccurate changes their opinion after this one. FYI, the cardboard is about the size of a man's chest....@ 500 yds.

CIMG1851edit.jpg?t=1283264284

No bench, no rest. Me, my sling, the ground and a $29 Tasco 3-9x40 scope. It's an AR* fanboi's worst nightmare.

CIMG1836.jpg?t=1283264167

*I do have an AR, so I'm not totally bashing the platform, but I do know which gun I would choose to rely on for 500 yard shots.

Good shooting! What ammo were you using?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(image removed for space)

(image removed for space)

Nice shooting! 500 yards and well within zombie dropping accuracy. Again, nicely done!

I've been kicking the tires on a 5.45x39 Saiga for a while now. And, these pics certainly support the feasibility as a serious contender for a spot in my collection.

Thanks for sharing the pics! :super:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay... so how's mine, in butt-naked pre-conversion form? :lolol:

post-3-1251397213_thumb.jpg

By the way, I'M FRIGGEN ECSTATIC AS HELL to see that this subforum was created!!!

:super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super: . . . . :super:

I see you've got the right bundle there (2 woody boxes of ammo). That should last you for a while. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Finshed my third Saiga, this one is a Legion 5.45x39....

post-20217-0-43448800-1295216518_thumb.jpg

KVAR Nato stock.

MD Molot grip.

Tapco G2 FCG.

Tapco Intrafuse HG.

Angled trigger guard from CSS.

All parts and rifle from CSS :super:

I've got a Bulgarian FSB and '74 brake that'll be installed in soon.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • 2 weeks later...

EEWWWW bullet button :haha:

and a 10/30 magazine :smoke:

looks good though, right?

i am still having trouble with the lower handguard pivoting up and down, the nut on the handguard retainer isnt small enough to fit for me to make it go tighter.

Edited by sharkforce
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yea, I should probably post mine here, I hadn't uploaded pics 'till now:

unka1.jpg

DSCN3154.jpg

DSCN3158-1.jpg

Nothing special except it's full auto ...

Just kidding... but I put a Russian 1000m rear sight on and had to come up with my own sling attachment for the lower handguard since I used the

Brownell's LHG retainer. I make my own bullet guides too...

DSCN3153.jpg

I really like these kinds of lower handguards. I got this and an upper piece together for $25 @ a gunshow, then sold the upper railed part for the

gastube for the same price and used a K-Var piece I had instead for it, lol. BANK!

I put a magpul AFG on because of my retarded wrist cyst. I think it helps. Other than that, I don't like having bullshit all over my rifles.

unka2.jpg

Here it is against my 7.62... I am a fan of wood but went poly this time. Feels the same weight as my 7.62 that has wood. I like them both now. I

kinda wished I had gone with plum furniture but whatever. Black is "evil" and it scares the Libiots.

both.jpg

Man, I really want to build an AK105 now.

• Like 1