The 5.45x39 picture thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With 74 laminate:                       Z

Not anywhere near as nice as the ones above me....     Sidenote is it really necessary to quote someone and include all of their 30 big ass pictures in it? (damn thats annoying!)

Brakeless no more.  

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I ended up going with black laminate for mine.

100_1833.jpg

The bullet guide I used was a heavily modified Bulgarian one for a flat trunnion. It feeds 100% and has a few hundred rounds through it.

100_1831.jpg

The only thing is now I want at least 2 more so I can have them in different configurations. I've already got a modern 7.62x39 and traditional, now I find myself going for the 5.45s. :lolol:

Edited by Milsurps 4 Me

Hey Milsurps 4 Me, is that the "timberwood" stock sets? I was looking at those (they are very cool) but didn't want to pay that much (lol) so I ended up stripping and re-finishing a Romanian one.

Just finished my first conversion on my second Saiga rifle. I'd say it's at 90% because I need to install a bullet guide and I still want to do the FSB when I have access to a press at my fathers sometime. The overall conversion is pretty straight forward and easy for anyone who is considering converting one themselves.

What I did:

Tapco Pistol Grip

Tapco G2 Single Hook Trigger

Krebs Retainer

US Piston

Bulgarian Plum Furniture(had to file down edges that insert into receiver)

Bulgarian Ribbed Dust Cover(Perfect tight fit)

Bulgarian Gas Tube(Had to file down the notch at the top of the tube until the latch that holds it down would close)

Out of the 3 different mags I have for this which is a Circle 10 and the Circle21(displayed in pics) and Tapco. I would have to say I like the fit of the Circle21 the best. The Circle10 fits really tight and the tapcos fit nice but with some slight mag wobble. I will try others later. I need a plum mag or two. Anyway I'm glad to be apart of the 5.45x39 family.

35a3ci0.jpg

axyzjk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

saigatara2.jpg

fiances Saiga.. will ad muzzle device once I move to PA.. but besides that I think it came out well.. I ended up refinishing entire gun in a flat black.. the finish this gun came with really sucked..

standard conversion..

Saiga 5.45x39

AK Gas tube

Bolt on lower retainer

Tapco wood had to shorten LOP on stock a little for her.. lol

Tapco G2

cleaned and refinished whole gun..

• 2 weeks later...