The 5.45x39 picture thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With 74 laminate:                       Z

Not anywhere near as nice as the ones above me....     Sidenote is it really necessary to quote someone and include all of their 30 big ass pictures in it? (damn thats annoying!)

Brakeless no more.  

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i would convert it but i was told i can hurt myself with a pillow.im kidding as it certainly does not look like rocket science . im pleased with how it turned out, just need to burn up some 1976 vintage commie ammo for now. it will be mostly used on a bench shooting 50-150 yards. was looking at wood sporter stocks also but came up with this setup.

post-39677-0-41897100-1329427336.jpg

FSB is a Bulgy from MARKW1 and the micro red dot is a Primary Arms. For what I use it for it is fine. It co witnesses with the irons and makes acquisition faster overall. Someday I would like to pick up an Aimpoint.

that sight looks freaking identical to the bushnell, maybe made by the same tiny hands ? sorry to cut in like that, and be wrong......................

that sight looks freaking identical to the bushnell, maybe made by the same tiny hands ? sorry to cut in like that, and be wrong......................

Not a problem. You were attempting to be helpful....thats what this place is all about.

Lots of brands are probably made in same factory/town.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is mine.

Pretty standard conversion really, the only fancy thing is the Polish Beryl folding stock.

If you want to add the beryl folder, you have to use regular machine screws instead of the factory buttstock screws. I think they were 10/32 half inch... I had to cut the rearward screw down a bit as it was too long.

I also buggered up the tapping of the bullet guide hole, the cheap capitalist tap broke sad.png Had to JB weld it in place. Will keep everyone updated as to how long it lasts et al.

here she is post conversion :

post-32465-0-02996400-1334675433_thumb.jpg

Here she is after paint:

post-32465-0-49559300-1334675457_thumb.jpg

post-32465-0-70820100-1334675523_thumb.jpg

Her name is Natalya

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IZ74_03.jpgIZ74_00.jpg

I bought one of those Guntec lower handguards. Seems pretty decent so far. Anyone else have one?

They are aluminum but pretty nice. I imagine they'd look better with a normal lower handguard retainer but meh:

guntec01.jpgImage0311.jpg

• Like 1

Thought i would share mine biggrin.png. i still need to refinish it but it shoots good and was a fun project to work on.. unfortunately now ive been bitten by the bug and will have to buy another one when i get the money lol

stock is an ace folding stock with the internal receiver block

the mag is a polish tantal mag that i bought back when they were around $10

midwest industries hand guard and a magpul stubby grip

post-34584-0-39953800-1342200508_thumb.jpg

post-34584-0-31940300-1342200520_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally done with the conversion. Haven't decided if I want to swap piston rods or change the gas tube. I kept the stock gas block.

The colors are a bit off in the pictures. It should be more of an OD green color with khaki and dark burgundy.

SY02N.jpg

sRLvk.jpg

We have some left still at 369 + shipping

Tom converted one last week, to check processes and other things he needed to know.....I think he was asking 795 for this particular one....not sure if he sold it or not yet, though.

We have some left still at 369 + shipping

Tom converted one last week, to check processes and other things he needed to know.....I think he was asking 795 for this particular one....not sure if he sold it or not yet, though.

What stock is that? I am thinking of this exact gun some day, as long as it also has the mag mod done as well, with the bullet ramp and mag release adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...