What the hell and Why do that?

It looks like they took the design from the HK MP5 and pretty much all of the other HK assault weapons. I like it. I have used an MP5 for years and like the charging handle on the left side. It would be nice on the S12. You could leave the bolt open until your ready to fire and the slap the forward charging handle when your ready to go.

If the design was built in a way that the charging handle itself was non reciprocating, I know that thing would smack my fingers every time I shot it.

And whats a Wooser 10 :haha:

If it is put together like the HK, the forward charging handle does not move until you pull it back to open the chamber. It is really a great design if they can get it to function right. You would be able to open the bolt, change magazines, and charge your weapon all with your right hand.

It does remind me of my HK G3 exept Uhh the charging handle does not stay in the front and it move with the bolt kinda ehh now if they get it to work like the HK charging handle they may have something but untill then mabie run a gas tube down to a shorter piston then mabie they can work something out with keeping the charging handle up in the front and not so big of an opening on the gas tube

I think it's an interesting concept, obviously borrowed from the CETME and H&K rifles. If it works 100%, it might be worth looking into. However, I would be afraid that my left thumb would get torn up bad.

Come on! Do you really need a thumb on your left hand??

I think it's an interesting concept, obviously borrowed from the CETME and H&K rifles. If it works 100%, it might be worth looking into. However, I would be afraid that my left thumb would get torn up bad.

Come on! Do you really need a thumb on your left hand??

+1

I am probably going to order one for my .223 that I converted many moons ago. It seems to get allt the new gadgets tested out on it. I'll install it, shoot the hell out of it, and aduse it and let you guys know what I think of it.

I really want to put it next to the parts tha go into the MP5 and see how hard it would be tomake it slide back only when I'm charging it instead of when it is fired.

Edited by madmilo

Pretty cool, but I'm kinda sceptical about having that moving handle so close to my fingers. I guess if you have a handle up front there is no problem.

Also guess you could cut the original charging handle off.. In which case you could really mill out and lighten up the bolt carrier too. I wonder if that would cause the an AK to be more gentle on the brass it ejects also.

I really don't see the benefit. You have to extend your arm almost all the way out to charge it, and it looks rediculous. Learn to reach under the gun and charge with your left index finger, it will solve a lot of handling problems with AKs.

See my avatar.........

Edited by shaneman153a
I really don't see the benefit. You have to extend your arm almost all the way out to charge it, and it looks rediculous. Learn to reach under the gun and charge with your left index finger, it will solve a lot of handling problems with AKs.

See my avatar.........

Your avatar says it all

Magpul's Travis Haley did ambi-charging handles awesomely right on an AK as opposed to creating more problems than you solve...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2008/12...agpul-ak-build/

Really all someone would have to do is make a solid Tromix-style bolt on the charging handle charging handle that is just a maybe a slightly bigger vertical Galil handle and Ambidextrous problem=solved+$$$, it would be a quick weak hand charging AK.

Edited by humanguerrilla

The reason the left hand charging handle/tube work so well on the HK varieties is because there is no gas system (direct blowback). If dirt or debri gets in the cocking tube it won't effect it's ability to fire.

The problem(s) I see with this new concept...

The gas tube area is wide open, and would funnel water, dirt, etc directly in to your action and/or the gas port into your bore. Even on an AK, that's a problem.

The new charging handle reciprocates with the bolt carrier and piston.. as has been discussed. Free to catch on anything and everything. As so far as I can see in the design in it's current configuration... there's no way for it to lock the action open, slap closed and function the way the HK's do.

To each his own... but why is there so much resistance to the idea that you hold the rifle in the left hand and use the right to change mags and charge the bolt? There are also ways to speed load using the left hand, as was pointed out ??