Double Stack 12ga Magazine for Saiga-12

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These double stacks sound like they are going to be wide... With some dorky zig zag or lines extruded design on the outside of them they would be even wider. You should make them just plain flat look

Sorry for the tease but I have to get to bed. But it is coming!!! I'll try to make it back tomorrow ( or after I wake up rather) with more info.

So there you have it folks! Down to the big 3's, the real deal of core company values and good ethics. You can't have it any other way. Dedicated and by most suckers hated...

Posted Images

I have an idea!

I know that's dangerous coming from me.

How about a..(cue drumroll)

..BELTFED!

I know someone has thought about it...fess up!

OK, I'll go back to my bunker.

But its already been done,Cobras got a pic of it around here somewhere ;)

I have an idea!

..BELTFED!

But its already been done,Cobras got a pic of it around here somewhere ;)

this one??

saiga-12_belt_fed.jpg

i dont think its functional.. i thought i read somewhere it was a regular saiga 12 and he just made it look like it was belt fed...

if im wrong, sry

As a happy 1st run drum buyer, looking for a small hi cap choice. I was just about to break down and have some 8rd's shipped in from New Zealand. But if you think production time will be shorter then Obama's 1st term and gun safety zone, so he gets relected. Then i think i will wait to see your home made American mags. If its as i guess then yours will out class the rest and ill be helping out home economy. Thanks for making our dreams part of the American bail out plan. we back you 100%. I want to see you do pushup's off the Saiga with the new mag in the gun as a pivit point off the ground.

I have an idea!

..BELTFED!

Do a google search for "MG-47", there's no reason someone couldn't do the same thing with a PKM top cover.... except money & time and a little thing called the BATFE.

I'll tell you what: I'll race you. (Since it's a shotgun: you might as well save a perfectly good saiga-12, and just make the gas tube & barrel from scratch.) <-just borrow the bolt & bolt carier. Lets not hijack the thread though.

Keep the reciever light weight and you could walk around with a belt hanging out of her rambo style. More practical than P90 style IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it will be ready exactly when it is ready, not a moment before or after, regardless of how often we request updates. As a businessman, I'm sure he won't hesitate to inform us when he is ready to release his product to the market.

I'm sure it will be ready exactly when it is ready, not a moment before or after, regardless of how often we request updates. As a businessman, I'm sure he won't hesitate to inform us when he is ready to release his product to the market.

Completely agree, still doesn't stop me from checking this thread almost every day lol. Can't wait for these to release

I just about spent a bunch of money on AGP and surfire mags before I stumbled on this thread. I guess I will wait for these to come out. Hope its some time soon!!!

i just orderd 2 more agp mags... then one of the mag springs broke on 1 of the ones i already had. double stacks sound sick cant wait.

I bought a bunch of AGP mags, I even have a bunch of the clears. :P

but my MD drum is the nicest mag I own, count me in on a few MD stick mags!!

Do you have a date projection? :)

I really appreciate that! It won't be long before some MD Arms double stacks are the nicest stick mags you own too! Can't give a date yet, but hopefully it will be early next year. This definately won't take a year and a half to bring to market like the drum.

I just about spent a bunch of money on AGP and surfire mags before I stumbled on this thread. I guess I will wait for these to come out. Hope its some time soon!!!

You will not be sorry that you waited! Thanks for the faith! I am building a mag that would be the best stick mag out there, factory or after market, even if it was only a single stack!!! Throw in the double stack feature and...

I wanted to let everyone know that I don't really have much new I can tell at this time. But I am planning on shooting a single video clip of consecutively loading and firing a double stack using a few different ammo types, 2 3/4 and 3 inch. I will be concealing the mag though so that all you can see is that it is much shorter than mags of the same capacity... These mags kick ass!!!

I'm not sure you even realize how sadistic you are! :chris: "hey I have double stacks" *cranks rack a few turns* "...but I can't say anything else teehee" *gives it a few more turns* "...and it's probably not gonna be out in time for Christmas"

*cries out Paul Atreides style* the pain!

I'm not sure you even realize how sadistic you are! :chris: "hey I have double stacks" *cranks rack a few turns* "...but I can't say anything else teehee" *gives it a few more turns* "...and it's probably not gonna be out in time for Christmas"

*cries out Paul Atreides style* the pain!

:angel::lolol:

• 4 weeks later...

25 Shots Pleaassseee! Make it like a double wide Surefire Mag! Not less than 20 and no more than 25 3" magnum slugs! Perfecto if it can be...

Alright, I am sure everyone is wanting the details...

But I can't give too many right now. I want to keep some things quiet a little longer.

Here is what I CAN'T tell everyone yet. I can't let out any dimensions, even external. I don't yet want to release exact capacity. I can't tell you how it functions and what makes it possible. I can't tell the features that will make it the best stick mag out there, even if it was only single stack! But being double... :super:

What I CAN tell you is... It will fire both 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells. It will come in different capacities. It will have steel in the front mag catch. It will have steel feedlips. It will be of superior material. It will be lighter than a single stack of the same capacity. And they will be the best thing since sliced bread! (I wasn't here before they started slicing bread but I heard those that wear liked it a lot!)

I don't want to give an ETA. This is our top priority and the wait for release will only be a fraction of the time the drum was. We are making our own molds now and won't see the back burner delays like with the drum molds... I WILL NOT be taking any pre-orders on the double stacks. I don't know what the price will be on these yet, but it will be very comparable to single stacks.

I am thinking of making a video of it. If I do I will be disguising it so the only thing noticeable is that its shorter than a single stack of the same capacity.

^I'm not so sure he wants to make them have more capacity than his drums. I'm guessing these will be cheaper than the drums since he said they would not be much more than single stacks of the same capacity. So, from a business standpoint it would not make much sense for him to do that. But, if he's in it for the greater good of the Saiga-12 community, he just might. From what I've seen from Mike I don't doubt that could happen.

Whatever Mike comes up with, I'll be grabbing a few. I would love some smoked clear double stack mags! I'm all for it if they can be had at same capacity or higher than the drums. Keep up the good work Mike!

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah, good timing! I just bought my S12 in mid October, and while I'm still in the early planning stages, hopefully I will have it converted by the time these SWEET sounding mags are available! Thanks Mike, you rock-out with your glock(& Saiga) out! I am SO looking forward to these mags!

I know he's keeping quite on the details, but has Mike said or does anyone know if these will work with a magwell? If not, hopefully we'll get an MDmagwell next. Keep up the great work Mike, we all appreciate your mad Saiga science!