Double Stack 12ga Magazine for Saiga-12

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These double stacks sound like they are going to be wide... With some dorky zig zag or lines extruded design on the outside of them they would be even wider. You should make them just plain flat look

Sorry for the tease but I have to get to bed. But it is coming!!! I'll try to make it back tomorrow ( or after I wake up rather) with more info.

So there you have it folks! Down to the big 3's, the real deal of core company values and good ethics. You can't have it any other way. Dedicated and by most suckers hated...

Posted Images

Hey Mike, please tell me that your DS mags will not have the severe ridges that the Surefires do. I went AGP because of this. Couldn't get them in/out of a pouch unless it was loose enough for them to fall out. I cut my two 10s to 8s and nipped/sanded off the extra ridges.

Looking forward to your product. :super:

Juice-- If they were in direct competition with his drums, it would make good business sense, because he would sell a ton of them. Every guy who wants the most ridiculous possible shotgun but can't justify $280 would happily pay 60. and those add up to a lot more than the few who can pay about 300. The people willing to pay $280 chose to do so over paying a hundredish for 2 surefires or AGP's(or bought all of the above) If they are willing to pay that much, the still will be to get what they want.

That's every serious user, and every guy who gets it for his first accessory. Think. anyone who would pay ~50 for a surefire 12 shot (lots of us did) would gladly pay $65 for a 16 shot ds or 60 for a 12shot ds.

anheiser busch has to make more than Dom Perignon. MD could be jack daniels.

Edited by GunFun

I'm not sure you even realize how sadistic you are! :chris: "hey I have double stacks" *cranks rack a few turns* "...but I can't say anything else teehee" *gives it a few more turns* "...and it's probably not gonna be out in time for Christmas"

*cries out Paul Atreides style* the pain!

:angel::lolol:

Mike Davidson

MD Arms ltd.

PO Box 13746

Dayton

OH 45413

United States

info@mdarms.com

http://www.mdarms.com

937-520-5323

Dear Mike,

I have been asking you for months, which 00 Buckshot shells should I buy for my two MD-20's. I can run Seller & Bellot Low Brass Slugs in my MD's at 2-13/32" [crimped length - 2.40625" OL] ....BUT, I cannot even load more than 8 rounds of Nobel-Sport-Italia [NSI] 00 Buckshot at 2-27/64 [crimped length - 2.421875" OL] - they will jam so I have to take the back off the drum [or loosen the screws] to get them out! Royals and others are even longer than the Nobels, and won't work.

The difference here is .015625" - a little over 15 thousands of an inch difference. I think you owe it to me and your other customers to research the brands and tell us which 00 Buckshots will work in your drums. The Centurion Slug/5Bucks are shorter and will work, but they are $43 for a box of ten shells! Give us a break David! I want to buy in quantities and I can't buy 500 of every brand out there, just to experiment and then find that they won't even fit in your drums! Your drum should have been made to feed all brands of 2-3/4" class shot shells - foreign and domestic! I am looking forward to buying your new D/S Sticks. tlk

• Like 2

I'm not sure you even realize how sadistic you are! :chris: "hey I have double stacks" *cranks rack a few turns* "...but I can't say anything else teehee" *gives it a few more turns* "...and it's probably not gonna be out in time for Christmas"

Mike Davidson

MD Arms ltd.

PO Box 13746

Dayton

OH 45413

United States

info@mdarms.com

937-520-5323

Dear Mike,

I have been asking you for months, which 00 Buckshot shells should I buy for my two MD-20's. I can run Seller & Bellot Low Brass Slugs in my MD's at 2-13/32" [crimped length - 2.40625" OL] ....BUT, I cannot even load more than 8 rounds of Nobel-Sport-Italia [NSI] 00 Buckshot at 2-27/64 [crimped length - 2.421875" OL] - they will jam so I have to take the back off the drum [or loosen the screws] to get them out! Royals and others are even longer than the Nobels, and won't work.

The difference here is .015625" - a little over 15 thousands of an inch difference. I think you owe it to me and your other customers to research the brands and tell us which 00 Buckshots will work in your drums. The Centurion Slug/5Bucks are shorter and will work, but they are $43 for a box of ten shells! Give us a break David! I want to buy in quantities and I can't buy 500 of every brand out there, just to experiment and then find that they won't even fit in your drums! Your drum should have been made to feed all brands of 2-3/4" class shot shells - foreign and domestic! I am looking forward to buying your new D/S Sticks. tlk

Are you serious? Just buy a single 25rd box and try it before you buy 500rds. Its not MD's job to test every kind of ammo out there to make sure it works for you.

The difference here is .015625" - a little over 15 thousands of an inch difference. I think you owe it to me and your other customers to research the brands and tell us which 00 Buckshots will work in your drums.

Uhhm..... no. It is certainly NOT Mike's job to figure all of that out for you. He made a quality drum and published the specs for it.

The published specs include the maximum shell size!

If you had bothered looking around a little bit for info on what works in the drum, you would have found this:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=46189

• Like 1

The difference here is .015625" - a little over 15 thousands of an inch difference. I think you owe it to me and your other customers to research the brands and tell us which 00 Buckshots will work in your drums.

Uhhm..... no. It is certainly NOT Mike's job to figure all of that out for you. He made a quality drum and published the specs for it.

If you had bothered looking around a little bit for info on what works in the drum, you would have found this:

How to fix the "shells won't fit" problem.

1. Take one screw off of the back plate.

2. Take screw to hardware store.

3. Find 6 of the smallest washers that fit on the screw.

4. Pay for washers.

5. Take washers home.

6. Remove back plate from drum.

7. Install back plate in drum with washers between back plate and drum body.

8. Enjoy your modified drum.

• Like 1

4. Pay for washers.

5. Take washers home.

That might be worth a try to see if I can get the Wolf 00 running in the drum, they are really close.

Will likely take some slight Dremel action to open up the feed stack a hair too.

I'll have to think about that..... don't want to trash my lifetime warranty on the drum. :dollar::unsure:

I'm not sure you even realize how sadistic you are! 007.gif "hey I have double stacks" *cranks rack a few turns* "...but I can't say anything else teehee" *gives it a few more turns* "...and it's probably not gonna be out in time for Christmas"

018.gif021.gif

Mike Davidson

MD Arms ltd.

PO Box 13746

Dayton

OH 45413

United States

info@mdarms.com

937-520-5323

Dear Mike,

These drums rock, therefore you must be a dork. Dork.

Edited by Stansplace
  • Like 1

I'm not sure you even realize how sadistic you are! 007.gif "hey I have double stacks" *cranks rack a few turns* "...but I can't say anything else teehee" *gives it a few more turns* "...and it's probably not gonna be out in time for Christmas"

018.gif:lolol:

Mike Davidson

MD Arms ltd.

PO Box 13746

Dayton

OH 45413

United States

info@mdarms.com

937-520-5323

Dear Mike,

These drums rock, therefore you must be a dork. Dork.

LOLOLOLOL:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::super::super: I don't care who you are , thats fuckin funny

I saw the prototype run. It was flawless.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

The Drum Proto or the Double Stack mag?

With all the rederick @ drums, I'm not even sure what were all talking about anymore?

This thread is about the Double stack ... right?

By the way,

since we can't see it, can anyone describe it (looks, dimensions, finish, etc.)

The Double stack mag ... that is.

4. Pay for washers.

5. Take washers home.

That might be worth a try to see if I can get the Wolf 00 running in the drum, they are really close.

Will likely take some slight Dremel action to open up the feed stack a hair too.

I'll have to think about that..... don't want to trash my lifetime warranty on the drum. :dollar::unsure:

No need to Dremel the stack, try just the washers first.

By the way,

since we can't see it, can anyone describe it (looks, dimensions, finish, etc.)

The Double stack mag ... that is.

People (like Mike) who develop ideas for the market have no end of good reasons why they don't release much information about their innovations to the public until they are good and ready to do so. And any entrepreneur with an ounce of savvy is able to decide when the time for that is right without being prompted. To satisfy curiosity can sometimes be suicidal from a business standpoint.

People (like Tony) who are qualified to offer invaluable feedback during the development and testing stages are valued not only for their expertise but also for their ability to keep confidentiality. Leaking details or even hints would not only be in bad taste, it usually carries legal consequences.

I can imagine Mike and Tony reading this thread and wondering, "How stupid do some of these guys think I am?"

That said, I'm as enthusiastic and impatient about this thread as any of you. Just biting my tongue and waiting to spend some $.

No need to Dremel the stack, try just the washers first.

I know what you mean about giving more clearance on the back plate.

When I was trying the 00 Wolf, it would hang up in the feed stack. From what I remember, you could actually angle them into the drum and they had enough clearance inside the drum. The trouble starts when they get to the exit of the feed stack (actually the exit of the drum into the feed stack).

If you look straight down on the top of the feed stack, the area that would need to be opened up is right where the leading edge of the shells clear the inside front edge of the polymer feed stack opening.

The thing I'm not sure about is how sensitive that edge is to guiding the shells and keeping them from jamming. Opening up the hole would allow the smaller shells to move around more and there may be be too much slop (dunno).

Sometime in the next couple of days maybe I'll dig out the Wolf 00 and see if I can get it going without changing the feed stack dimensions too much.

iteachsurfing, we got dragged into talking about drums by the guy beating up on Mike mistakenly thinking that Mike should test thousands of shells in the drum for size and report back to us. :rolleyes:

Edited by Spartacus

Be glad when the standard lock-ins are ready. Per ammo for drums, got to chuckle, shake head. Many post/threads on ammo types brands, since Mike's drum has been on market. Crimped brands, basically. Remington and others. Don't know about the months waiting for a reply part. Never took more than a day ot 2, for a reply from Mike on any issue, or question on any product. :smoke:

I saw Mike Davidson running the prototype double stack magazine, full auto, from a 19" Saiga-12.

It ran perfectly.

Mike asked me to not release any other details.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I understand about keeping this under wraps.

Sorry, just a little exited about these mags.

Best idea for these Guns in a long time!

Can't wait to see em in action.

Any ETA when these mags will be ready?

I understand about keeping this under wraps.

Sorry, just a little exited about these mags.

Best idea for these Guns in a long time!

Can't wait to see em in action.

Any ETA when these mags will be ready?

Here is what Mike D. himself said on the ETA (back on post #80):

It won't be long before some MD Arms double stacks are the nicest stick mags you own too! Can't give a date yet, but hopefully it will be early next year. This definately won't take a year and a half to bring to market like the drum.

Of course (as with any industry) any time a new product is being developed there's always a chance its ETA to market could get pushed back, but if Mike himself believes the mags will be on the market possibly as soon as the early part of 2010, then it's probably safe to say that even if there are some delays that push back his initial ETA, the mags will almost certainly still reach the market by sometime in 2010.

Mike Davidson

MD Arms ltd.

PO Box 13746

Dayton

OH 45413

United States

info@mdarms.com

937-520-5323

Dear Mike,

krueger1010, I did answer your repeated emails of the same question. And yes you did send the same questions months apart. And you got the same VERY DETAILED answers each time. Would you like me to post them all here? I really appreciate you making it sound like I didn't respond... Thanks!

• Like 1

I saw Mike Davidson running the prototype double stack magazine, full auto, from a 19" Saiga-12.

It ran perfectly.

Mike asked me to not release any other details.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Thanks Tony. I am hoping to get a video for everyone soon.

• Like 1