Double Stack 12ga Magazine for Saiga-12

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These double stacks sound like they are going to be wide... With some dorky zig zag or lines extruded design on the outside of them they would be even wider. You should make them just plain flat look

Sorry for the tease but I have to get to bed. But it is coming!!! I'll try to make it back tomorrow ( or after I wake up rather) with more info.

So there you have it folks! Down to the big 3's, the real deal of core company values and good ethics. You can't have it any other way. Dedicated and by most suckers hated...

Posted Images

I'd still like to hear, if nothing else, a capacity...

I'd be all about a double stack 10 rounder!

10 rounds per mag is enough for me but shorter means I will be less likely to hang up on something while running from the zombies!

Got an email from MikeD saying the capacities will be "20, 16, 12, and 8." :up:

Was that a personal email or a bulk email? I checked my spam folder but didn't see anything in there so was just wondering.

ETA: Did he happen to mention an ETA? (Did you like how I used ETA in two possible ways? :D)

Edited by physicsnerd

Was that a personal email or a bulk email? I checked my spam folder but didn't see anything in there so was just wondering.

ETA: Did he happen to mention an ETA? (Did you like how I used ETA in two possible ways? :D)

Here's the email:

"

info@mdarms.com

to meshow details 10:17 AM (38 minutes ago)

Eric, They will be available in multipe capacities. 20, 16, 12, and 8. We will have them released later thisyear. Thanks for your interest, MIkeD

- Show quoted text -"

:)

P.S. I hope it's ok to post this email in the forum unsure.gif

Here's the email:

"

info@mdarms.com

to meshow details 10:17 AM (38 minutes ago)

Eric, They will be available in multipe capacities. 20, 16, 12, and 8. We will have them released later thisyear. Thanks for your interest, MIkeD

- Show quoted text -"

:)

P.S. I hope it's ok to post this email in the forum unsure.gif

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking to buy the new lrbho. I remember it being put out that it would work with your ds mags. My question is because it has to be tuned for specific mags are your ds mags going to be close enough to agp mags that if I tune the lrbho for the agp mags will I be able to use it on your mags or should I wait to get it untell your mags are released?

FYI: Connecticut is presently deliberating on banning all magazines over 10 rds by July 2011 from entering their state. How the bill is presently written CT is also looking to make all mags over 10rds a fellony to posses requireing a turn in or sell off of all unauthorized magazines.

Mike get your mags to market so CT residents can buy before the ban so hopefully they will be grandfathered in. Thats if the bill is rewritten to allow a grandfather clause.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow... One year and nine months later, and still no doublestacks.

And now the S12 doublestack gets bitch slapped back to the end of the line.

:booo:

I was more polite in the S-12 forum, but yeah, I agree with you 100%, Chile.

Quad-stack rifle mags are cool and all, but they're not very practical, and standard mags already hold 30/40 rounds; more than sufficient for nearly any situation. I'll probably buy 1 for 7.62x39, but that's it. It'd be a toy, something fun but never meant for serious use, unless shooting from a bipod or similar support, and the 7.62x39 is not meant for that, unless you have a full auto RPK. :D

Take ~80 rnds of 7.62x39, (4 boxes), and stack it in one hand. Do you really want to have to sling that much weight in addition to whatever accessories you have on your rifle? It's ridiculous.

On the other hand, I would buy multiple double-stack S-12 mags, and I'm sure nearly everyone who owns a S-12 would as well. I would consider a mag like that made by MD Arms to be my mag of choice, and definitely meant for serious and regular use.

Double-stack 12-ga magazines are a lot more groundbreaking than a US version of something the Russians have already done.

Just mho.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Maybe, but it sucks regardless.

If the double-stack S-12 mags come out shortly after the quad-stack rifle mags, then cool. I'm just worried that there might be a significant delay.. and that that bullshit ATF "study" might be negatively affecting the S-12 mag development as well.

Maybe, but it sucks regardless.

If the double-stack S-12 mags come out shortly after the quad-stack rifle mags, then cool. I'm just worried that there might be a significant delay.. and that that bullshit ATF "study" might be negatively affecting the S-12 mag development as well.

I'm afraid of that also. The BATF risk may be too great at this point.

• Like 1

Enron also had a business to run..lol - I'm just playing.

All joking aside though, he should have been more candid when he realized that the S-12 couldn't go to production. Instead, he seemingly hung us all on the line and then created something else when he saw it wasn't "working" as perfectly as he hoped.

Regardless, I'm about forgiveness and hopefully he'll just learn from this and be more upfront next time.

Mike loves the Saiga 12, but he runs a business...

I'm not worried about it.

Jake

Edited by ShottyOne
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd love a ds mag but all this wining is old shottyone I just read two threads where you wined like a little girl and attacked mike. If you really want to teach him a lesson about breaking a "personal promise" to you don't buy his stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...