Double Stack 12ga Magazine for Saiga-12

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These double stacks sound like they are going to be wide... With some dorky zig zag or lines extruded design on the outside of them they would be even wider. You should make them just plain flat look

Sorry for the tease but I have to get to bed. But it is coming!!! I'll try to make it back tomorrow ( or after I wake up rather) with more info.

So there you have it folks! Down to the big 3's, the real deal of core company values and good ethics. You can't have it any other way. Dedicated and by most suckers hated...

Posted Images

With asshat wannbe crybabys like you guys, Mike probably won't be coming around here again. I don't blame him a bit If I were in in his place I would make one last post: FUCK OFF!

without "wanna be crybabys" like the people on here there would be no md arms. People are just venting their frustration, mikes drum has been a great product and people want the quality of the drum in a stick mag.

• Like 2

One thing that makes this Country Great is that when Companies care about the opinions of their customers, they thrive!

If a company told the customers that pay their bills to F off, they might take their business elsewhere!

Customer Service is Number One in any business!!!

If you promise something and then don't deliver ... then your just like The Government!

Who wants to deal with a company like that!!!

Poop or get off the pot ... or at least let your customers know whats going on.

I'm done crying now, Need to go look for my box of tissues!!! wet_eyes.gif

With asshat wannbe crybabys like you guys, Mike probably won't be coming around here again. I don't blame him a bit If I were in in his place I would make one last post: FUCK OFF!

Wow, what an intelligent comment. You obviously have no business sense.

Edited by spanky
  • Like 1

When Mike stays off for a while, he comes back with great things. Wouldn't surprise me if he logged in during mid to late January with a big announcement.

The guy is the biggest flake on the planet...............we will never see these

• Like 3

We have already been teased plenty and he already gave us the bad news that he had a change of plan and that quad stack AK mags would come before DS S12 mags.... and I don't see any quad AK mags.... there's our sign.

• Like 1

When mike was selling off alot of his stock pile S-12's and alot of his inventory to Cope's to disturbite it was because he just bought a larger shop and had to move all the equipment plus he said he was buying more machines to try to keep as much as possible in house. I am betting the move took longer than he thought to get in and setup. Plus when he released the MD-20 it was to a small nitch group of guys when he releases the quad stack it will be to 10 times the amount of people so I am sure he is wanting to a ware house full before selling so there is no wait. When the first MD-20's came out he was getting bombarded with E-mails cause in underestimaited the demand. JMO. And last I checked this is america and there is no dead line for these to come out when he teased us he said he would like, not they would be out by fall. If I remember right the drum was late also. The mags will come give it some time.

• Like 2

So with everybody bitching Mike out and telling us that MD Arms can suck on a fattie.....who wants to invest into the tooling to make their own double stack mags?

I recall Mike selling a fair amount of personal property to help raise the capital for the MD-20. Then he needed more so he did a pre-order which turned ugly. Now you guys are complaining about not being able to pre-buy this time?

When its ready its ready.

• Like 5

This reminds me a lot of the Magpul forum on a different site..a lot of anticipation followed by grown men acting like 12 yr old girls who didnt get what they wanted for Christmas!! Lots of bitchin about the release date of a 60 rd pmag- Magpul responded with something similar to : its easy to make 1 or 2 good functional mags..making thousands, not so easy". I think the same is applicable.

Magpul no longer releases info on projects they are working on due to ppl. getting carried away when they dont get what they want when they want it..MD should/will probably do the same as it makes sense.

• Like 4

Magpul no longer releases info on projects they are working on due to ppl. getting carried away when they dont get what they want when they want it..MD should/will probably do the same as it makes sense.

You Hit the Nail on the head ... He should have never Started any Treads RE Double Stack Mags until he was at least close to ready.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I just picked up a Kel-Tec PMR-30 in February. It shoots rimmed .22 WMR.

The double stack magazines have fed the rimmed cartridges flawlessly through a case of 1000 rounds. Slow or rapid fire, no hiccups.

A closer look at this design, with 12-gauge shells in mind, may shed some beneficial tips on what could be applied to the S-12 app.

-P.

SAAAYYY WHAAAT!!! SUCK IT CLOWNS!

saiga_double_stack_magazine-tfb.jpg

saiga_doble_stack_magazine-tfb.jpg

EPIC WIN!

EEEPPPIIICCC SHOT GUN MAGAZINE WINNN!!!!!

Stood behind the man the whole time, this design is under patent application now. Good job Mike!

Edited by Azkamidaka
  • Like 2

Many people just don't understand how risky moving forward and investing time and money into this weapon has been! When it comes to plastic mags, I personally think Mike takes the time to do it right, right materials, right design, right timing. Producing anything for this weapon in the past has been very risky with them threatening to banned it every other week, and It takes big balls to stay in the game and to keep throwing tons of money into new product lines, tooling, manufacturing, etc. My hats off to you Mike for even trying to do this, let alone moving forward, to patent and no doubt production. We have risk everything in the worst economy in our life time, to take this weapon from a duck gun to a platform that allows people to walk into their local range and go "yeah that's right, i own that!"

• Like 5

Two (2) Years, Seven (7) Months and counting.

I wasnt around when the MD20 thing started but didnt it take quite a bit of time (2yrs or so) without any patent issues?

yes it was about 2 years with a preorder. people cried every other week to cancel their orders. as for the patent issues not sure. but this i know, they are the best drums for the saiga 12.
  • Like 2

Many people just don't understand how risky moving forward and investing time and money into this weapon has been! When it comes to plastic mags, I personally think Mike takes the time to do it right, right materials, right design, right timing. Producing anything for this weapon in the past has been very risky with them threatening to banned it every other week, and It takes big balls to stay in the game and to keep throwing tons of money into new product lines, tooling, manufacturing, etc. My hats off to you Mike for even trying to do this, let alone moving forward, to patent and no doubt production. We have risk everything in the worst economy in our life time, to take this weapon from a duck gun to a platform that allows people to walk into their local range and go "yeah that's right, i own that!"

Well said. I'm glad to see some positive news in this area. I had full confidence that Mike wouldn't let us down, so long as things remained stable on the political side. Personally, I don't care about large capacity, so even if a political magazine capacity limit were put in place again, I'd still be in the market for a shit load of these mags. I don't like the drum partly because of the bulk, and partly because of the weight of 20 shells. But I'd love to see short, compact 10 or 12 rounders that rival or even best the quality of the factory Russian mags.

This whole thread shows that people around here don't take the time to consider that while the US aftermarket arena is what makes the S12 great, this entire cottage industry could be wiped out in a heartbeat simply because some ATF asshat gets a bug up his ass one day.. we all know the ATF is largely capricious and arbitrary. Think about what it would mean for any of these vendors to be stuck with a large amount of inventory. It would be brutal. That is a level of risk that is really rather insane. I think all you guys are out of your minds for making any of this stuff :)

That said, things keep evolving due to the likes of Mike and Cam because they are gun nuts like the rest of us and want to make the platform better. But at the end of the day, everyone has to eat - and while I, and most folks around here, have the luxury of being able to do that regardless of what happens to the S12, you have to cut people slack when its their ass on the line.

• Like 1

yes it was about 2 years with a preorder. people cried every other week to cancel their orders. as for the patent issues not sure. but this i know, they are the best drums for the saiga 12.

I agree, they are the best drums available, and IMO, even at twice what the competition costs.

So we take all the information Mike has given and whats available online (here).

1.The MD20 took ~2yrs to come to fruition.

2.Dealing with patents for protection on these DS mags. He didnt do with the MD20 (stated by Mike in other threads).

3.Design of DS mags. Which we all should know is not an easy task, otherwise there would be plenty of DS rimmed cartridge mags for all mag fed rimmed cartridge guns. But firearms history shows us there isnt, so its a tough design too accomplish!

4.Building a dealer network which hes done.

*5.Testing the different prototypes, to the reliability and beefiness that we all have come to know and expect from MDArms (pretty much 2nd to none).

*6.Stock piling product for the immense amount of orders that will UNDOUBTEDLY FLOOD his dealer network upon release.

7.All the while continuing production and distribution of MD20's. Design, production and distribution of the MD Molot grip, V-plug and trigger guard. EDIT; I forgot design, production and distribution of both of the MD arms gas pistons.

I can see these double stack mags taking some time to surface!

*Speculation at this point, only a handful of people actually really know whats going on.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 2

I just spent some time reading the patent application, and looking at the diagrams. I see exactly why he waited to patent it. It is a perfect example of the KISS principal in action. It solves the problem with different shell lengths, and the transition of the follower up the tapered housing. Its brilliant. I can just see some copycat look at his design thinking duh, why didn't we think of that. Lets copy it and make lots of money. Mike deserves all of the credit and profit from sales.

• Like 2