Double Stack 12ga Magazine for Saiga-12

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These double stacks sound like they are going to be wide... With some dorky zig zag or lines extruded design on the outside of them they would be even wider. You should make them just plain flat look

Sorry for the tease but I have to get to bed. But it is coming!!! I'll try to make it back tomorrow ( or after I wake up rather) with more info.

So there you have it folks! Down to the big 3's, the real deal of core company values and good ethics. You can't have it any other way. Dedicated and by most suckers hated...

Posted Images

SAAAYYY WHAAAT!!! SUCK IT CLOWNS!

saiga_double_stack_magazine-tfb.jpg

saiga_doble_stack_magazine-tfb.jpg

EPIC WIN!

EEEPPPIIICCC SHOT GUN MAGAZINE WINNN!!!!!

Stood behind the man the whole time, this design is under patent application now. Good job Mike!

I have so much want for this! Just got my first drum from MD and it's awesome. Mike did it right, built an innovative product, and waited to protect his innovations before cashing in on the sales!

Sorry little off topic did search and nothing came up. Have you or do you have plans for 10-12 round compact drum?

Personal choice but prefer the compact size.Promag is only choice and I think you could sell more especially in capacity restricted states.

• 4 weeks later...

Dammit, every time I see this thread popup I am wondering if this is it, we are finally getting the DS mags! But noooo, I can't wait! I am about to drive to your shop and throw cash at you until I get a DS mag! :-)

The capacity hasn't been established but there will be multiple capacities (from my understanding of the thread)

I keep checking this dam thread every 4 or 5 months hoping to see that they are actually available. Seems I have been doing this for several years. Wonder if he will do a pre-order like was done with the drums. I have 9 drums....sure would like to add some double stacks to the mix

Oh ye of little faith.

When these come on line, I will buy them just to support Mike's determination.and efforts. Lesser men would have folded.

"Let men decide firmly what they will not do, then they are free to do what they ought to do."

eh, it's not crucial for me and I'm not "chomping on the bits" for one. I can wait and get one when the novelty of them wears off, and can pick them up for whole lot less money then when it will first come out.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Now that I'm back in NY, I won't be able to pick up any of these that are more than 10 rounds.

So here's hoping to a 10 round version being available that is significantly shorter than the single-stacks 10's!

• Like 1

Just checking in to see the status. Damn all the haters. I still have a handful of cash waiting for these, 2 years 7 months or whatever the hell it is up to now. Put back some bills in an envelope when this thread started and they are still there waiting. I think the feds put some brakes on this project when they put the pic of the MD-20 in their brochure. Seems to have worked itself out. I sure hope the competition ready Saiga makes its way here as well.

Damn, haven't checked back on the double-stacks for quite a while. After much enjoying the bad-ass-ness of the drums it would be very cool to see these make it to market. I bought one of Promag's smaller drums & function was ok but had a few ftf's. The double-stacks or even a 10-12 round drum would be awesome because I just trust them more. I hope everything's ok w/ MD, haven't heard a peep for quite a while which causes concern.

• 2 weeks later...

I have experienced a wide range of emotion about these mags and that hinges on how passionate I am about the Saiga 12 platform and how much I like MD products. At first I was extremely excited, then was kind of bummed that it would be late 2011 before they would come out, then I was really bummed to hear that the AK quads would come first, every time I think about it I am frustrated that the quads still aren't out, I am excited that there has been legal progress, but currently I am just kind of tapped out of capacity to be frustrated or excited about it. I am in 'blah' mode. I'm sure that when they are available I will be thrilled and won't be able to get to my card fast enough. Come on Mike.... thrill me.

• Like 2

AFAIK, it comes when it comes.checkered_flag.gif

Hopefully Mike has thoroughly tested the mags and they are trouble free when they arrive.

I'm confident that they will be perfect. This is one of the few products that I will not be waiting around for the bugs to be worked out of.

• Like 1

From what I've heard, no pre orders, no heads up on when they will show up. Mike has distributors and dealers to keep happy. We will most likely hear about the mags from them rather than Mike.

Edited by veprk

a 10 round shorty wouldn't be much of a draw for me...I have 10 round mags already and the length isn't all that bothersome. What I would LOVE though is a 15+ round DS stick mag. That would fawkin' rooooooock. smile.png

Hopefully there's an assortment of capacities to choose from, when the time comes. I wouldn't necessarily prefer a 10 rounder, but NYS says anything over 10 rounds is a baby killing rape machine.

• 1 month later...

eh, it's not crucial for me and I'm not "chomping on the bits" for one. I can wait and get one when the novelty of them wears off, and can pick them up for whole lot less money then when it will first come out.

what century do you think that will be? not this one!!!!

so even if it doesn't come out, so what? it's you guys with the high hopes and chomping at the bit at "vaporware" that will be shattered- if it comes out, it comes, if not what is the big deal? honestly, what is the big deal? the sun will still rise, the tides will still go out, it's not that crucial.

• Like 1

So what? So we won't we have the double stack mags that we would really like to have and we're stuck with inferior (based on the quality of the drums) and longer single stacks with smaller capacity. What's so hard to understand about that? Yeah, the sun will rise and the world will turn, but I have a kick ass Saiga that would be much more maneuverable and easily slung with Mike's mags. I've been excited about them since he first announced them. I still am. If you're not, fine. But your post seemed a little smug.

I would remind you that there is an election in November and, as Spike Lee just said, "Obama can do whatever he wants in his second term." He's already shown his willingness to circumvent Congress several times and no one fought back. If he wins then you can bet the window is closing on high cap mags.

I see you're in Ohio. You can make a difference.

I've been excited about them since he first announced them. I still am. If you're not, fine. But your post seemed a little smug.

maybe to you it seems "smug", I'm too old of a bunny to get all hoppity and excited about vaporware. once you get a few decades under your belt you'll see what I mean. biggrin.png

a 10 round shorty wouldn't be much of a draw for me...I have 10 round mags already and the length isn't all that bothersome. What I would LOVE though is a 15+ round DS stick mag. That would fawkin' rooooooock. smile.png

Hopefully there's an assortment of capacities to choose from, when the time comes. I wouldn't necessarily prefer a 10 rounder, but NYS says anything over 10 rounds is a baby killing rape machine.

I must be a 12 rounder...

I've been excited about them since he first announced them. I still am. If you're not, fine. But your post seemed a little smug.

maybe to you it seems "smug", I'm too old of a bunny to get all hoppity and excited about vaporware. once you get a few decades under your belt you'll see what I mean. biggrin.png

Well, I've got five decades under my belt and counting, so I'm not that much of a bunny. :-) And... I have waited for LOTS of promised products to come to market. OBR... RFB... MDA Drums... the list goes on and on -- and I own them all now! I know about patience and I know about longing.

I long for the double stack...

Just so we're clear, this is a fun conversation and I'm enjoying it. Things get so serious sometimes. :-)

Kerry

• Like 1