Double Stack 12ga Magazine for Saiga-12

how about the drum compatable magazine well? is that one dead b/c of other magwell's already on the market or pushed back b/c of the double stacks? or....

just wondering what ever happened to that idea? i was looking around and found the thread about them. in the thread you seemed so excited about them and said they would be out after the drums but at some point in the thread you just stopped posting and stopped replying to anyone. like something happened and the whole project got scrapped. i dont know im just guessing of course but im just curious if these magwells are ever gonna happen because that is the main reason i dont have a magwell now, because i cant use drums with a magwell. Mike a magwell that accepts your drums would be a GREAT product.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These double stacks sound like they are going to be wide... With some dorky zig zag or lines extruded design on the outside of them they would be even wider. You should make them just plain flat look

Sorry for the tease but I have to get to bed. But it is coming!!! I'll try to make it back tomorrow ( or after I wake up rather) with more info.

So there you have it folks! Down to the big 3's, the real deal of core company values and good ethics. You can't have it any other way. Dedicated and by most suckers hated...

Posted Images

I've been holding off on buying more mags waiting for this since hearing about it 3 months ago... I hadn't followed this thread from the beginning and I just went thru it noting the date stamps...

I'm going to be spending the cash I have left after getting the anniversary priced drums on some mags I can get and need now and deal with these mags when the finally release. Takes time to produce and bring to market a product I know, but I've got shooting to do before the permafrost sets in ;)

Good luck Mike. Get it right out of the gate, and as you know, you'll have lots of customers just like you do for your drums.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it's okay to post this question in this thread... but I was wondering if Mike or some other mag maker could design...

...hi-cap mags with slight rightward and leftward bends so the mags don't interfere with the forearm grip... rightward for right-handed and leftward for left-handed shooters. The angle wouldn't need to be very great and the bend could be a nice smooth curve to prevent jamming.

how about you just get yourself one of these instead..... B)

http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml

gripadapter.jpg

Edited by sharkbit
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on the way I use my guns, those offset grips are worthless. No ambidexterity in that set up. That tango down stubby grip doesn't interfere anyways (I have one). Also grabing the VFG like a broom handle is on its way out as there are issues with sway and stability. If I use a VFG I index off it with a broken grip which that contraption doesn't allow for. If you want a tight tucked in VFG (like what would be in the way of the mag) why not just use the mag as was a popular way to shoot years ago?

I guess if you shoot with a broom handle grip, and you keep it very far back and you don't care about being able to transition shoulders and have some consistency then maybe it is an okay set up.

If mags were interfering with a VFG I would use one of these, (but that's the way I shoot)

IMG_0129.jpg

BTW the email didn't say they would have them over the holidays. I read it to say next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mike won't rush a piece of crap to the market just to appease 49,000 views on a forum board. He'll make sure it works and it is safe first.

No shit. I didn't mean it as an appeasement or for him to hurry up. I was referring to capitalism in general.

• 2 weeks later...

:ded: Even if I could afford one at the intial price whatever that may be, I'm sure he'd be sold out by the time I got around to ordering one.

I just want to see one and start getting some reviews. Hopefully I can afford one a year after they start selling.

maybe he will release them during tax refund season :lolol: and hopefully have a huge stock pile of them so he wont be sold out as soon...

That would actually be the smartest way to do it. I hate waiting on new products once a company releases info about them, but that's what I would do. Drop them when you know the majority of your market has big money to spend and cover your initial run, make some profits right away and do another run. :up:

I just hope they aren't as costly as the first run of drums. :unsure:

• Like 2

:ded: Even if I could afford one at the intial price whatever that may be, I'm sure he'd be sold out by the time I got around to ordering one.

I just want to see one and start getting some reviews. Hopefully I can afford one a year after they start selling.

I'll buy a stack of them and put back a couple for you when you are ready.

maybe he will release them during tax refund season :lolol: and hopefully have a huge stock pile of them so he wont be sold out as soon...

That would actually be the smartest way to do it. I hate waiting on new products once a company releases info about them, but that's what I would do. Drop them when you know the majority of your market has big money to spend and cover your initial run, make some profits right away and do another run. :up:

I just hope they aren't as costly as the first run of drums. :unsure:

IIRC they were going to come in at around $25. If I am mistaken or way off, I'm sure someone will come along and tune me up.

EDITED: The email I got from MD Arms today said they should have double stack mags sometime in 2011.

Sorry, I thought it said "over the holidays" but it said "in 2011."

I will die laughing if he releases them on 12-31-2011 :lolol:

IIRC they were going to come in at around $25. If I am mistaken or way off, I'm sure someone will come along and tune me up.

Yeah, Mike said the price will be comparable to most single stack mags on the market, after reading back through the posts. :super:

EDITED: The email I got from MD Arms today said they should have double stack mags sometime in 2011.

Sorry, I thought it said "over the holidays" but it said "in 2011."

I will die laughing if he releases them on 12-31-2011 :lolol:

most people will just die, holding there breath waiting for these.

go ahead and BREATH PEOPLE! :cryss::lolol:

Edited by psl sniper

"Congress readies new gun-control bills after Gabrielle Giffords shooting"

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0111/Congress-readies-new-gun-control-bills-after-Gabrielle-Giffords-shooting

In the unlikely event something like this does pass---It might be a good idea to start selling doublestacks, patent or not. Espeically if there are tons of these already made, waiting for the paperwork from the Gov. to come through....just a thought. I mean, a patent is irrelivent if they are illegal.

-EnzNow

Edited by EnzNow