S.A.R. article out soon.> maybe Tromix >

I guess Jeff is doing a story for s.a.r. Magazine.on the Saiga 12. and the drum.....Hopefully Tromix will get mentioned in it.

finally a story about these shotgun's is written.and probably there will be more interest in them.

time will tell.

Ron K.

• 4 weeks later...

its small arms review, been around since when machinegun news was a five page newspaper, from back in the 80's.

all the full auto stuff. military, commercial,{ when i became a ffl/sot} all we had was J.Curtis Earl catalog.he mailed me a copy to Danang in 1971,

i lost it at Kadena airbase.in shipping.a mind wandering moment.

well back to the s.a.r. magazine. normally Barn & Noble has them.or border's. or any decent gun show dealer.

alot of good storie's and pic's. I am sure they will do the Saiga 12 and Tromix guns right.

anybody that has been into any gun game over the past decade's. has a copy.

best regards Ron K.

Yeah, I am familiar with Small Arms Review.

We had a author that posted here over a year ago that was looking for input on an article. When he never called me to set up an interview regarding my incredible Saiga knowledge, I just assumed that he had just given up on the piece. I am glad if Tony was able to fill in. rolleyes.gif

ah yes the old magazine article stretch trick.so buy three future issues to get all the info. :cryss:

That is good this way, they don't cram alot of info in one issue,and miss something. every story should have all the info it will need for the reader.

maybe a S-17 on the cover for the 'Tromix " story. :super:

Dec 09 is also the info I heard.thanks for the info Tony.now get the model ready for the cover shot. maybe some input from the board members will help. best regards Ron K.

The SAR show is in Phoenix in december, i do beleive. Excellent show, with lots of stuf, and the last two years ive gone, they hand out free copies of the Magazine when you come in, so if you are lucky, it would be the one in question. Maybe MikeD should go, I see most of my favorite people in the industry there, its a trip to see them all face to face. (other than tony, who im convinced never wanders too far from his beer fridge at any given time)

• 3 weeks later...

I have had tables and been to the s.a.r. show since its inception.and have never seen a "Tromix" s-17 or other model's on display or for sale, { so i might have missed that if any had been for sale or on display} in last few years,and I refuse to bring one myself...to have everybody ask whats that? and handle and fondle it all day long.and Jack the bolt back twenty time's.

maybe in a locked glass case. however this year I'm having a standard S-12 converted over to a folding stock pistol grip model, { by another local smith} as my shooter and display gun. as my current S-17 "Tromix" and another S-17 soon to follow.

will remain safe Queen's. or maybe safe Kings'

maybe after the s.a.r article is out in print, a few will turn up for sale at local show's. even being a once owner of a original Saiga 12 {L.E.MODEL} my personal opinion is Tony's S-17 in 8 or 10 barrel.is even better in looks and function.

:super:

its a "Micro Galil" style Scattergun>and I have owned those{ factory original's}also, so can honestly base that statement on fact.The S-17 is still the "Ghost Gun" on the open market. because you don't see them much,unless in the closed circle of the Saiga club's,however I'm okay with that.

" Never so Few"

Semper-Fi

Ron K.

Edited by Ron K.

I was at the SAR show in Phoenix about 3 years ago, and only sold two guns. That isn't worth doing considering I lost four days of work. There was nearly zero interest in my stuff while I was there.

I used to set up at the huge Wannamacher show in Tulsa back when I built big bore AR-15's. I set up four times and sold exactly ZERO! That's about a $1,000 in table fees to sell nothing.

So.....no, you won't see me at many shows anymore.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Tony too bad I missed you three years ago.i was over at the K/VAR tables then.and yes a very different bunch at s.a.r. sometime's.

and no sense{cent's$} to waste good build time on selling two gun's at a show.plus the table and travel expense.I've done that for over 35 year's.{ I'll never get that time back}now its to say hell=o meet old friends,and check out the latest stuff.{ not much of that anymore either} and you are doing what you do best. :super:

and mostly some show's are 90% talk.and 10% I will take it.

most local ones around here now are not worth the parking and entrance fee anymore.

Semper-Fi Ron K.

p.s. once you do it long enough, you find out the real truth. :devil: