New Pistol Grips, Molot VeprII and Izhmash style!

Edit to add on 03-02-2010... Our new Molot style grip is complete and ready for shipping! We will be adding it to our website tomorrow at www.mdarms.com and will begin taking orders at then and their, March 3, 2010, at 1pm Eastern Time. Price is $20 plus shipping. A steal for what we feel is one of the most comfortable grips ever made for an AK! If not the most! But until then... Want to play a game? 10 free grips! http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51362

Edit on 10-06-09 to add... We will also be producing the Izhmash style grip without finger grooves. More info on the Izhmash style in post #28 of this thread.

We are making a US version of the Molot style grip. It will fit all AK / Saiga receivers. It is based of the Izhmash grip but has finger grooves. We didn't have a sample of the Molot grip so we used pictures to get a rough idea and made a few prototypes, tweaking the feel. We are finishing up the molds on it. This project has become secondary to the double stack 12ga though. The grip will be released before the new mag but will be finishing it up when double stack work can't be done at the time.

The grip will have a cap on the bottom like the Izhmash style grip, but won't have the cavity to use the Izhmash sling swivel (like on your saiga-12's factory forearm). It will mount with only a screw. It will have a stainless steel washer, over molded into the cap that the mounting screw will tighten up on.

Here are a couple CAD drawings. (click the pics to make them bigger. Click them a second time to magnify again.)

post-2662-1251662403_thumb.png

This one shows texture.

post-2662-1251662439_thumb.png

Here is a pic of a VeprII with basically the same grip.

post-2662-1251663194_thumb.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bump.   Mike, are you going to make me order a SAW grip for my Tromix DIY???

Are the Pistol Grips without the finger grooves still in the works?

Posted Images

Pretty Interesting, would it fit a regular AK?

We are making a US version of the Molot style grip. It will fit all AK / Saiga receivers. It is based of the Izhmash grip but has finger grooves. We didn't have a sample of the Molot grip so we used pictures to get a rough idea and made a few prototypes, tweaking the feel. We are finishing up the molds on it. This project has become secondary to the double stack 12ga though. The grip will be released before the new mag but will be finishing it up when double stack work can't be done at the time.

Wow that looks great Mike! Comfy looking right there lol. I've got two unconverted Saiga's that could use PG's and those will def be front runners.

Hey BTW, ever think about getting those rubberized? I love rubberized PG's... I'll prolly buy non rubberized ones anyways I'm just saying...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How would you put it on a Tromix conversion? I have the Russian factory grip but on the Tromix it will not work because it has a bolt welded on for the PG. No PG nut or hole in the receiver. Anyone have any ideas?

You will be able to mount one. I'll give more details later. It was a must for it to be mountable to Tromix guns.

I saw where a couple people said they didn't like finger grooves. We will also be producing a grip in the style of the Izhmash grip for those that don't like finger grooves. It will shortly follow the release of the finger grooved version.

I will post a video of the part of the mold being cut also. I have been super busy but will try to get one up soon.

So Mike, will this upcoming Vepr II grip fit on a standard Tapco AK pg nut?

This pg is the only thing I've seen on the market that I'm seriously considering replacing my CAA UPG-47 grip with, especially since it'd give me one more US part.

Any ETA on these great-looking grips?

Edited by post-apocalyptic

So Mike, will this upcoming Vepr II grip fit on a standard Tapco AK pg nut?

This pg is the only thing I've seen on the market that I'm seriously considering replacing my CAA UPG-47 grip with, especially since it'd give me one more US part.

Any ETA on these great-looking grips?

We are hoping to have them under the tree in time for Christmas. But there is a chance it could run a little past that... As it appears now it will be no problem. But we have some other things going (double stack) that is primary. The grip will beat the mag to market though.

I used to think the Izhmash grip was my favorite... until I felt it with finger grooves. They will fit any AK pistol grip nut that I'm aware of. You will be able to put these on any AK weapon you have. I need to confirm it but I think it will mount to a PKM as well. I confirm that in the next few days.