New Pistol Grips, Molot VeprII and Izhmash style!

So Mike, will this upcoming Vepr II grip fit on a standard Tapco AK pg nut?

This pg is the only thing I've seen on the market that I'm seriously considering replacing my CAA UPG-47 grip with, especially since it'd give me one more US part.

Any ETA on these great-looking grips?

We are hoping to have them under the tree in time for Christmas. But there is a chance it could run a little past that... As it appears now it will be no problem. But we have some other things going (double stack) that is primary. The grip will beat the mag to market though.

I used to think the Izhmash grip was my favorite... until I felt it with finger grooves. They will fit any AK pistol grip nut that I'm aware of. You will be able to put these on any AK weapon you have. I need to confirm it but I think it will mount to a PKM as well. I confirm that in the next few days.

I'm sad to hear that the grip will beat the mags to market, because as much as I'd like one of these new grips, I'd like some S-12 double-stack mags more. :(

Ah well, I know you won't start selling any part until you're 100% sure it works as advertised and you can stand behind it. That's all too rare in business anymore, and it's admirable.

Whenever they're ready, I look forward to picking up some of these revolutionary, (first and only of their kind), mags and at least 1 Vepr II grip as well. It sounds as though it'd be a straightforward replacement for the pg I use on my S-12 now, since I just use a Tapco AK grip nut on my S-12 conversion restoration.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bump.   Mike, are you going to make me order a SAW grip for my Tromix DIY???

Are the Pistol Grips without the finger grooves still in the works?

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any plans to make a version of these that mount to a picatinny rail so we can use it for VFG's? I think that would be pretty badass to have both of those on an s12!

I too would be interested in rubberized versions.

Edited by Juice
  • 1 month later...

Mike, are you leaking any of these out? There's a member on another board getting ready to sell these and Yugo style grips (U.S.)and it made me wonder. If not, atleast we know the quality of the material that you use in the drums which goes a long way if at some point we're comparing apples to apples. Just curious,

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. Tested our molds Thursday. Everything was great the first time. The injection shop said it was VERY nice to have a mold work the first time. We was very happy to hear that, especially our tool maker. He is a hell of a guy and we are lucky to have him!!! It isn't often that a tool (mold) doesn't need a lot of adjustments before going to production. Now we have to get it textured and it will be ready to run production. The texture is added by acid etching the metal. If the tool did need adjusted it would mess up the texture if it was already there.

Here are some pics of the grip and molds. I will try to get up some videos of the test injection soon. And results of the torture test we have done on the test parts.

Edit to add: I can't get the pics to load for some reason. Will try again tomorrow...

Quick update. Tested our molds Thursday. Everything was great the first time. The injection shop said it was VERY nice to have a mold work the first time. We was very happy to hear that, especially our tool maker. He is a hell of a guy and we are lucky to have him!!! It isn't often that a tool (mold) doesn't need a lot of adjustments before going to production. Now we have to get it textured and it will be ready to run production. The texture is added by acid etching the metal. If the tool did need adjusted it would mess up the texture if it was already there.

Here are some pics of the grip and molds. I will try to get up some videos of the test injection soon. And results of the torture test we have done on the test parts.

Edit to add: I can't get the pics to load for some reason. Will try again tomorrow...

fuck yeah :super:

I tried loading pics again but it gives me an error message. I thought I'd try from a different computer but it still didn't work.

Yes, The grips will be very reasonable in price, in the $20 range.

• 3 weeks later...

Our new Molot style grip is complete and ready for shipping! We will be adding it to our website tomorrow at www.mdarms.com and will begin taking orders at then and their, March 3, 2010, at 1pm Eastern Time. Price is $20 plus shipping. A steal for what we feel is one of the most comfortable grips ever made for an AK! If not the most! But until then... Want to play a game? 10 free grips! http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51362

will these work with a tromix converted gun? i am currently running a saw grip but really dont like it and i wasnt sure what other grips i could use as the standard ak grip wont work. my gun has a screw welded to the receiver and uses a nut to tighten the grip on. thanks

will these work with a tromix converted gun? i am currently running a saw grip but really dont like it and i wasnt sure what other grips i could use as the standard ak grip wont work. my gun has a screw welded to the receiver and uses a nut to tighten the grip on. thanks

Actually we will have a Tromix specific grip added to the site shortly following this grip. We will have to preform a seconary operation on the grip to make it compatiable as well as supply an extra screw so you can install the cap. The cap is what locks the grip down.

I'm hitting refresh at max on your products page

Sorry for the delay. It should be up in about the next 10 minutes. We are adjusting the pics for the site as we speak. They was coming out HUGE on the site. Just a few more clicks of the F5 key... :angel: