5.45x39 balistics please! Drop? Drift? Velocity?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you know the Ballistic coefficient of 7n6? Without it the chrono data is not so useful.

Or you could just get a chronograph and get the ballistics yourself...

Why is the Chronograph data not so good? its a long process, but wait a few minutes for the barrel to cool in between shots, for accurate and consistent data. Far as the BC of the 7n6, im not sure, you may want to ask Nalioth or Azrial or someone like them...

Edited by RoughRider666
  • 1 year later...

Old post I know...

This is one of the few places where someone posted the bullet drop info from the Rusky manual. I found one other place: http://www.ctshooting.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=8732

and supposedly someone posted other 5.45 info on 65grendel.com but that forum is DOA.

Anyway... Has anyone ever tried plotting out that data? I'm no graphing expert but those bullet drops and corresponding zero's don't make any sense. Just looking at the 200M zero and 100M zero the initial 0 bullet drop's don't match up.

Shouldn't they be the height of the front sight over bore? So ≈-1.8" right?

Well neither line up with that.

The 200M zero makes it seem the muzzle and POA are both 0.

For the 100M zero it looks closer to -0.8 to -1.0

So heres the data I'm plotting:

Distance in Meters Zero at 100 Zero at 200 meters (sight set at 2)

0 -1.8 -1.8

50 0 1.2

100 0 2

150 -1.2 2

200 -3.9 0

250 -3.9

300 -9.8

Graph:

2qds77m.jpg

Curves look funky, don't they?

Heres this data:

0 -0.8 0

50 0 1.2

100 0 2

150 -1.2 2

200 -3.9 0

250 -3.9

300 -9.8

ket9ba.jpg

Is the data just wrong or(more likely) I'm screwing something up?

Old post I know...

This is one of the few places where someone posted the bullet drop info from the Rusky manual. I found one other place: http://www.ctshootin...iewtopic&p=8732

and supposedly someone posted other 5.45 info on 65grendel.com but that forum is DOA.

Anyway... Has anyone ever tried plotting out that data? I'm no graphing expert but those bullet drops and corresponding zero's don't make any sense. Just looking at the 200M zero and 100M zero the initial 0 bullet drop's don't match up.

Shouldn't they be the height of the front sight over bore? So ≈-1.8" right?

Well neither line up with that.

The 200M zero makes it seem the muzzle and POA are both 0.

For the 100M zero it looks closer to -0.8 to -1.0

So heres the data I'm plotting:

0 -1.8 -1.8

50 0 1.2

100 0 2

150 -1.2 2

200 -3.9 0

250 -3.9

300 -9.8

Graph:

2qds77m.jpg

Curves look funky, don't they?

Heres this data:

0 -0.8 0

50 0 1.2

100 0 2

150 -1.2 2

200 -3.9 0

250 -3.9

300 -9.8

ket9ba.jpg

Is the data just wrong or(more likely) I'm screwing something up?

Well, it definitely doesn't make sense that the bullets in the second chart started from a different elevation. That is, unless this is an actual test where the Russian holding the 100m zero rifle was shorter than his comrade with the 200m zero (or standing in a ditch).

It makes sense that the second chart (bullet drop from muzzle) starts at zero. It makes sense that the zero chart starts from the below the aiming point of the sights (at the muzzle) and climbs and drops to the zero (the second time the curved path of the bullet intersects the straight line of the sights) . But it doesn't make sense that a chart measuring bullet drop from the muzzle would start from a point below the muzzle.

Edited by Dudethebagman

Actually the "0" mark is the line of sight, so the bullet trajectory should start 1.5" to 1.75" BELOW the "0" since the sights are 1.5" to 1.75" above the barrel on an AK. There are a couple of online trajectory calculators available to use for these calculations. If you know the caliber, muzzle velocity and weight in grains this one will work:

Ballistic Calculator

You will still have to graph it. I found a free installable ballistic calculator but I'm at work now and don't have access to it.

Good Luck,

JG

Actually the "0" mark is the line of sight, so the bullet trajectory should start 1.5" to 1.75" BELOW the "0"

...snip...

Good Luck,

JG

That's exactly the impression I'm under.

SilentScream,

thank you very much for posting that page as well as the translations! I'll play with that info.

This is just an exercise for me. No real use for the data but it just bugged me that I can't work it out.

Got a question:

Say I set the sights @ a 200m battle zero like an AR. Then this chart applies:

Zero at 200 meters (sight set at 2)

50m = 1.2

100m = 2

150m = 2

200m = 0

250m = -3.9

300m = -9.8

Look at the ones I highlighted - they mean bullet drop or bullet rise before the 200m zero? It's rise, correct?

• 7 months later...