Anyone use the Winchester Ranger Rifled Slugs?

Hello All,

I'm thinking about buying a case of Winch RA12RS15 12 ga Rifle Slug 2 3/4 (Case 250) $144.99 and am wondering if I will have any cycling issues. I was having some issues with Royal 00 buck getting caught in the Promag and it would rise up too slow to feed.

Before I go buying 250 I wanted to make sure that others are using them without issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ken

Hello All,

I'm thinking about buying a case of Winch RA12RS15 12 ga Rifle Slug 2 3/4 (Case 250) $144.99 and am wondering if I will have any cycling issues. I was having some issues with Royal 00 buck getting caught in the Promag and it would rise up too slow to feed.

Before I go buying 250 I wanted to make sure that others are using them without issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ken

MR,

I can not tell you about the Promag, but they run just fine out of my AGP's. We used to use these slugs for our duty guns until last year when we changed over to a new type of round. I have never had any issues with them in my 870's or S12. Sounds like a decent buy, so I would say go for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Winchester Super X slugs have run flawlessly in my ProMags. Not one single issue. Never shot the Ranger slugs. 75% of every high powered round I've put through my S12 has been either the Winchester Super X slugs or the Super X 00 buckshot. Both types run like clockwork in my AGP's and ProMags.....

I have been wanting to try the Brenneke KO Slugs though. ;)

Edited by Jpanzer

I have been wanting to try the Brenneke KO Slugs though. wink.gif

Great round and a great price, but very dirty ammo IMO. It works great and I wouldn't hesitate to use it for hunting or whatever, but it did foul my S-12 to the point it stopped cycling in a little under 150 rounds.

Edited by FLTF3

Alright I bought em. I'll let you guys know if they have issues with my promags.

That's a pretty damn good price on LEO grade ammo. I've used quite a bit of the Federal Tactical, but I'd love to hear how these worked out.

And good luck with the ProMags. I tend to stay away from their stuff due to past experiences, but hopefully you'll have better results.