stonycreekarmory's announcement??? what happened?

What ever happened to his? Were they just blowing smoke upon our bungholes(hmmm, I wonder how that would feel)?

:eek: He he, anyone ever get rodded in the Army during a physical. I have, and, I've seen it done, they looked just like that! Usually accompanied by "WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! "

Anywho, Anyone heard anything from these guys?

1st

Well, the announcement is still up on the site.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were just jerking us, though. Make a big announcement, and then not follow through due to "problems" with production.

Whatever happened to the rumored Tapco mags??

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?...Bueller?

they have done this before (i think i said all of this in the previous post). They mocked up a 144 round double Soumi drum and advertised it as "coming soon". the logisitcs of making 2 drums feed into a single mag tower became too much of an obsticle to overcome. the 144 round mag is on hold.

i'm guessing the "Saiga suprise" fell to the same fate. Whatever it was, they couldn't get it to work flawlessly.

Who really cares? #1, they never told what it was, #2, they never asked for a deposit.

With regards to Tapco, did they ever officially say they would make mags? I don't recall seeing a post. Maybe a bunch of people asked them and they said, "we'll look into it". that doesn't really count as screwing us over.

Caspian

Nope, I said "rumored". I know Tapco never promised or stated anything.

Oh well. I just unloaded my ONE mag, stuck the Saiga in the back of the safe and moved the Remington and the Mossberg back to their old spots in the line-up. I guess I'll hang on to it for a while since (A) I really like it, and (2) maybe, just maybe, someday, some importer or aftermarket manufacturer may decide it (and we) are worthy of consideration.

I ain't gonna pay scalper's prices for mags, or jump through international hoops, and I ain't gonna rely on "cobbled-up", WECSOG'ed mags for defense.

To all the importers, manufacturers, and especially to EAA, screw you! You guys have essentially killed a bunch of golden geese.

(gee, I feel a little better now!)

:D

Gummerfan

Well, after my little "vent" earlier today, I sent an email to Stonycreek, inluding a link to this Forum and a hint at what a great demand there is for mags.

Here's the response I got:

"Thanks for the heads up. We are in the process of building drum mags for the Saiga. These will be available in app 2 months.

We have added your info to our growing Saiga waiting list and we will email everyone when new info is available.

I will check out the link you sent later on and post a note to them. Thanks, Jeff"

So, things may be looking up (for now, anyway!) :)

Gummerfan

(Guess I can get ready to blow the dust off my Saiga!)

Woah! Now I'm in a pickle...go ahead and spring for the 8-rounders, or wait and pray that StonyCreek makes a contraption that holds more than 10? Since some of you MacGuyver knock-offs have already done the 10round bongo setup, I'm guessing it won't take them 2 months to get it out on the market: they should've had something that simple out a while ago. So what's y'all's opinion? Are they just being careful to make sure the 10round bongos work well when connected to our great 12ga russian deers, or do you think they're going the extra step and connecting 2 bongos into one feed-tower? I can only imagine it: our deers would have a pair of balls hangin' down that would make an elephant jealous.

Around $80/8 round mag.  not a bad deal.

And $61.00+ for a $30.00 five-rounder isn't bad, either? :D :D

But I AM glad these guys are stepping up and helping the US owners out! At least somebody is! I'll probably patronize them if they ever get their stuff together.

Woah!  Now I'm in a pickle...go ahead and spring for the 8-rounders, or wait and pray that StonyCreek makes a contraption that holds more than 10?  Since some of you MacGuyver knock-offs have already done the 10round bongo setup, I'm guessing it won't take them 2 months to get it out on the market: they should've had something that simple out a while ago.  So what's y'all's opinion?  Are they just being careful to make sure the 10round bongos work well when connected to our great 12ga russian deers, or do you think they're going the extra step and connecting 2 bongos into one feed-tower?  I can only imagine it: our deers would have a pair of balls hangin' down that would make an elephant jealous.

Why not get both, I will be getting two 8-rounders and will wait for the 5-rounders to be imported, thats all I can afford. I will however buy a drum or two so my S-12 will have big balls! :super:

I read somewhere else on the net StoneyCreek was looking for steel Saiga 12 mags, so I predict, due to their previous experience with Knoxx products, that they would like to just tack-weld a metal mag to the Knoxx metal tower to make a very easy conversion. The problem is that there are no commercial metal Saiga 12 mags out there.

As for a double-drum Knoxx, I looked into that myself a while back, but it would be tuff with the Knoxxs. I did strap two together with a Buffertech magcinch to see how that looked, but it is heavy and not sure if it would withstand recoil.

man, we need rimless 12ga ammo for semiautos...that would cure all our problems...

can't wait to see what stoney comes out with!

aegis, i'm planning on getting a couple 8rd mags just cuz they're original manufacture (by saiga, for saiga). from a collectible standpoint, that's a good investment to me. the franken-lfs and franken-nlf's are just for shits & giggles and the cdi factor! :D :D :D

aegis, i'm planning on getting a couple 8rd mags just cuz they're original manufacture (by saiga, for saiga). from a collectible standpoint, that's a good investment to me. the franken-lfs and franken-nlf's are just for shits & giggles and the cdi factor! :D :D :D

Thanks Hardcorps...I hadn't thought of that. I was too busy thinking of how sick a dual-drum could be, but I think you're right: collectable appeal, visual appeal, classic AK-ish appeal, I probably ought to pick up a few 8-rounders. Not to mention, 8+1 isn't a bad load in a semi-auto shotgun, and I imagine the 8-rounders are probably smoother, faster, more reliable, and better balance than drums could be. Though I'll keep my fingers crossed and a little extra in the bank account in case a dualy does appear on the market. Guess I just have to hope that I hear back from Finland, that or learn how to work a telephone international-style. Thankfully, someone already posted instructions. Now if I could just find enough quarters for a call to Europe, I guess I ought take my Saiga to my piggy bank and see what comes out. :killer:

I'm getting pretty tired of this crap too!!

There IS no current law but if someone mass produces a drum for the S12 it WILLl go down the same toilet as the streetsweeper. Believe it! Why the hell are a few people so damned determined to risk fucking it up for all of us by sticking a big ugly, heavy, cumbersome drum mag on the S12 just to get 3 or 4 more rounds? Just strap two 8 (9) rounders together if you must have a 20lb gun and learn how to do a quick mag change. Buy a Tommy gun or a real AK if you need to have a round mag in something. The gungrabbers already have too much ammo, the sheeple are on the fence, and the gun toters are not doing enough to protect their rights. Whatever people want to do in their own garage is their own business and their own risk. The S12 is a borderline legal gun as it is with a hi cap mag and we're lucky we can jump through a few hoops and outfit it with PGs, folders, bayos, and muzzle attachments. I don't like the stupid laws any more than you but the fact remains that the Govt. does NOT want people running around with drum fed autoloaders and that's just the way it is right now. It doesn't make the gun any more lethal and I can't see how it increases the performanc one bit so why bother. I can reload a stick mag before you can load a drum. Stick mags are easier to store and carry. Why are ya'll so hell bent on pushing it over the edge?? Make your own god damned drum and keep your mouth shut about it! :chris:

I NEVER said anything about a law! We do not live in a society governed by rule of law. We are ruled by fiat. I merely gave my opinion that it was likely they were told not to do it. When BATFE says not to do something it is a good idea to listen. Remember that these are the same people who ruled that a shoestring = machinegun! :eek: (there is no way that I could make this crap up, what our illustrious burecrats come up with is beyond imagination!). I just read about that one in the JPFO colum today!

G O B