My trip to the range

I got my rail and warthog in from chaos this past friday. I also got my heat-shield and buttstock back from cobra 76 with the mercury recoil reducer installed. And I got a chance to try out my new puck from e-tac, gunfixer plug, and my MD Drums. I took my cousin and brother-in-law along to help me reduce my stockpile of 3" slugs. The warthog drew lots of attention from the other range-goers and many people were amazed to see a drum fed shotgun. Unfortunately, range rules only allow 5 rounds loaded at any time so I was unable to enjoy the full effect of the drums (I got a couple 2 3/4" just for the drums). When using the drum, I had to turn the gunfixer to setting 3 just to keep it feeding properly, although I seem to remember reading something about adjusting spring tension I may try later. Once adjusted, the drums performed flawlessly. When we switched over to the 3" slugs, the mercury recoil reducer made all the difference in the world. I could have fired those all day. My relatives had never fired a shotgun before and were a little bruised at the end of the day, but I survived without a mark. We were on our way to the 200 round mark when the chaos rail came loose. We got home and I looked at the kit chaos sent with the rail and they included a longer screw to secure the rail. I was lazy and used the shorter factory screw. So all is well with the chaos rail, I just should have used the stuff they sent. Still got to clean everything up, and I'll see how well the new e-tac puck kept everything clean. It was a great day at the range, and overall everything went well. This forum is great place for information and I'm glad I found out about those must have products like the gunfixer plug, services offered like Cobra 76's recoil reducer, or great deals like I got on the chaos rail.

Citadel