Interesting situation on a conversion!

I have done more than a few conversions by now. Helping friends out and doing several on my own for folks who weren't physically able to do it. Ran across a situation recently that I have not seen before.

A friend had picked up his first Saiga .223 and ordered the conversion parts. At the time, he couldn't find a single hook trigger group, so he ordered the Tapco double hook. Well, usually no problem...just notch out a matching slot for the double and go along my merry way. Did that, put everything together and the trigger wouldn't move! Turns out, I had to notch out the origional slot and the new slot an additional 1/16th inch to have clearance! Everything worked out well and it has the lightest pull of any that I have done..about 1 1/2 lbs. pull! This rifle is one of my favorites and I hated to return it to the customer! LOL

Has anyone else ever ran into this situation?

Mods, please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section... a long and late day!

Edited by unclejake