Krebs safety lever

I recently purchased a Krebs enhanced safety lever for my S12. I took out the old one and attempted to replace it with the Krebs. It goes in almost all the way, it stops about 1mm from the reciever and as such does not turn in the hole, I checked the length by eye and it seems the same length. Anyone else have this issue?

Also I noticed that the Krebs has a longer tab on the the blade the engages the trigger group, I don't know if after I get it in, if it will interfere with with the trigger function.

So, has anyone had difficulty in this product before, and if there is anything I can do to correct it? I was thinking using a file to shave down the dowel end that fit into the hole on the left side of reciever, but it seems the same length, i don't have a caliper to measure , so hoping someone had the same issue. I dont want to go hacking willy nilly on it, without further info.

Thanks

HUZZAH!!

P.S. I have tried posting pictures to this site and they dont post, I even reduced them to half the required size and still no go.

Regarding the post, can you tell if it is getting stuck trying to enter the hole on the left side (post too thick), or is the post just too long?

Regarding the blade that engages the trigger group, it is probably intentionally longer than the factory one. This is because every FCG is different, and while you can always file away if need be, you cannot easily add material back (unless you are good at welding).

My understanding is that you want to grind away just enough to allow the safety to fully reach the safe position (aka, just enough that it clicks into the safe position). This is how I did my safety. On the factory one, in the safe position, i could barely move the trigger... it was not enough to disengage though, obviously. The way it is now with my new trigger, there is absolutely zero play when the safety is engaged.

Some FCGs need additional work on the safety... as you can see in my picture below, the left hand side needed a bit more cut out. There is a tiny set screw that you can barely make out on that picture. FCGs that have a set screw back there will need extra clearance. The right side, however, is the part that engages the ramp on the trigger. This has to be very carefully filed down until the safety is just able to be fully engaged as mentioned above.

P1010006.JPG

I would recommend asking the manufacturer of the safety lever for more information though instead of trusting a noob such as myself. :lol:

It goes all the way into the hole on the left side, it seems to long, because when I get it aligned and in the hole, it has a 1mm space on the right side of the receiver. Where the original seats flat, I have a gap. It almost looks like the side optic mount is in the way and stopping it from going all the way to flush. But it looks like the same width as the original.

HUZZAH!

I had a similar problem. My new safety lever needed clearanced to get around the thickness of the reciever wall. It was just a few mm too tight and was gouging out the edges of the safety lever hole. I had a small flat file that worked to make a wider gap. (see web page http://www.madwulf.com/Saiga12Page2.html ) The lever itself was in need of flexing outward too, as it was exerting too much pressure on the reciever outer face whan sliding it up and down. But... now it all works perfectly. It won't go to "FIRE" without a little pressure, and it holds "SAFE" nice.

Happy Shooting!

:killer:

Madwulf

Thanks Madwulf,

jIyaj, majQa !! Q'PlaH !!

That seems to be the issue, did u have to file down the little tab on yours? On the original it is like 1/10 of a mm tall, and on Krebs it is like 4mm long.

Thanks again

HUZZAH!!