Extended mag release

Thinking about picking one of these up,I would like to hear from any of you that have them,does get in the way,does it f-up a gun case any more than the charging handle

I have one, it's much better than the standard mag release as far as ease of operation.

Edited by double
Thinking about picking one of these up,I would like to hear from any of you that have them,does get in the way,does it f-up a gun case any more than the charging handle

doesnt screw up a gun case at all

works great, took me a while to get it installed because I never thought of using a slave pin to retain the spring it has, but when i finally got it together it was a huge improvement. I'm using it in conjunction with the new JT magwell for the surefire mags.

I did have to hit the right side of the trigger guard (Tromix DIY guard) some with the dremel so the release wouldn't rub on it at all, but I didn't mind doing that.

doesnt screw up a gun case at all

works great, took me a while to get it installed because I never thought of using a slave pin to retain the spring it has, but when i finally got it together it was a huge improvement. I'm using it in conjunction with the new JT magwell for the surefire mags.

I did have to hit the right side of the trigger guard (Tromix DIY guard) some with the dremel so the release wouldn't rub on it at all, but I didn't mind doing that.

couldnt you of just bent the mag release a bit so that it wouldnt rub the trigger guard? :rolleyes:

UFO,you must be a lefty,good looking release lever

Looks like it is on the right hand side of the weapon requiring the firing (right) hand side index finger to activate it which would make him a righty.

I think he meant it as a joke because the thing is so damn huge, and rides up high near the trigger.

I have one on the gun that I use and love it. It does not get in the way at all and is very easy to operate. I will not hesitate to pick up another one when the new gun is finished. :super: