Ok,, lets see

I had

a million snakes a couple cotton mouths

1. curly tailed lizard "which I caught in the Bahamas and took home"

2. bunch of emperor scorpions "it used to do battle with the little golden ones i would catch in the woods"

3. African Grey parrot RIP

4. a "Batong" M ferrr Bit me .. thing was mean

Now all I have is a black cat and a little boy. :smoke:

Ohh and I bought my sister a Chinchilla for her birthday, Her husband hates it ... shits every where.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just want to yell at your snake: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

I have one of these evil little bastards. Barks, bites, and says bad words late at night.

COBRA, what the HELL!! That is the wierdest thing I have ever seen!!! Does he eventually just pull himself back out? Oh my god that is WILD! HAVOC, cool lizard, he looks plastic!

Posted Images

My wife got one of these from a friend, Delila

post-9223-1252325039_thumb.jpg

When I read about them one article struck me a funny where the described the bird as a bitch.

Damn, what an understatement! She is a C***.

But she has taken a liking to me, I am the only one who can handle her. Wife hates the bird as well as she will often dance and squeak at me when I am in the room. In the winter when I let my hair grow out a little she will sit on my shoulder and preen my hair.

More often then not though the bird lets out a scream that will wake the dead. Every one around the bird pretty much hates her... well that just makes me like her more. Both my wife and here daughter want the bird gone at this point but can not find an aviary with out driving 100s of miles.

Good!

COBRA, what the HELL!! That is the wierdest thing I have ever seen!!! Does he eventually just pull himself back out? Oh my god that is WILD!

HAVOC, cool lizard, he looks plastic!

That is a tokay gecko. I should have known better than to buy him when the manager of the pet store sold him for 50% off! One night, about midnight, my son came into our room and told us someone was "swearing" outside his window. So 12 gauge in hand I went to investigate. Nothing. So, I told my son to go to bed and that he was having a bad dream. Not 5 minutes after I turned the light out.... f*ck you f*ck you. Damn bastard lizard was calling out again. Rotten evil little thing.

Here's one of my Retics wrapped around a bunny...lol.

post-1293-1252343015_thumb.jpg

He got out one time and I found him like this, laying across the top of my bedroom window, outside. :eek: The lil bastard must have watched us from up there laughing while my roomate and I searched all around the house and front yard for hours...

post-1293-1252343152_thumb.jpg

great idea for a thread cobra

how many times did you pass under the snake before you found him up there?

These guys are Pete & Delmar. Hairless, dumbo-ear rats. Pics are from when they were babies. Almost 2 years old now. They are super friendly, love to groom, eat, and sleep. They love to hang out on the couch with us and watch tv. Ok we watch tv, they curl up in a blanket and sleep. So lazy.

Pete

2098144743_21b7d1299f.jpg

Delmar

2098145563_dd5cd8c4c2.jpg

These gals are Paz & Mia. They are Degus. A degu is from the Andes Mountain range in Chile. They are like a mix of a guinea pig and a chinchilla. Also known as brush tailed rats, but are not rats or related to rats. They are remotely friendly. They can be picked up but prefer to be left where they are. They have strict diets. They bark at when bored and want attention, or food. They love a running wheel too. They are very food aggressive. They make the funniest noises. lots of eeks and squeeks.

Paz

3099972435_b45e115f22.jpg

3100808086_d36f255f93.jpg

Mia

3099971727_ae2c38e341.jpg

Wow I've seen hairless cats, but not rats...well if you don't count all those pinkies.

That snake must have watched us go back and forth right under him 20 times, and even standing right there under him saying wtf... and stayed right there the whole time.

Same thing happened another time with my 8 foot Burmese before I had a cage built for her and she had free range of the apartment. We turned the whole place upside down looking for her one day and then found her stretched out across the curtain rod over the sliding glass door...lol. I'm surprised it held her up there cause she weighed 45 pounds back then. I know this for sure because I had to fight with the apartment complex management to be able to keep her. They didn't want her there but my lease plainly stated all pets allowed up to 45 pounds...lol.

This is Cleopatra back in '85, being held by a friend of mine.

post-1293-1252346423_thumb.jpg

These are some shots you probably won't see a lot of...

Monte, my ten foot male Burmese, hangin out on the beach at Fort Macon near Atlantic Beach, NC.

post-1293-1252361903_thumb.jpg

And crawling on the rock jedi with waves breaking against the other side.

post-1293-1252362004_thumb.jpg

It was really wild swimming with him in the ocean. He was loving it!

wow.. that is awesome. Not sure that i would trust my pets outdoors. The uro runs VERY fast... plus you need a hydraulic jack to retrieve them since they act just like Chuckwallas... they go between rocks or into crevices and they inflate themselves. you either have to pry apart the rocks or kill them to get them out.

my snake is too tiny still, which means that it moves quickly and can hide pretty well. my spiders would probably get picked off by birds :/

I was given a Bearded Dragon last month by a school teacher with too many pets. His name is Spike Spiegel, hes about 3 years old and 15" long. Hes extremely tame and relaxed, only time he gets jumpy is when my dog wants to play fetch with him. I'll take a pic of him pretty soon.

Anybody else have one? I'd like to know a little bit more about them other than all the crap on wikipedia.

I was given a Bearded Dragon last month by a school teacher with too many pets. His name is Spike Spiegel, hes about 3 years old and 15" long. Hes extremely tame and relaxed, only time he gets jumpy is when my dog wants to play fetch with him. I'll take a pic of him pretty soon.

Anybody else have one? I'd like to know a little bit more about them other than all the crap on wikipedia.

Yup.

They are primarily vegetarian, but they will need some insects like superworms, or better yet, silkworms... they love those!

Do yourself a huge favor and sign up over at repticzone.com. It is a reptile/exotic forum and there is a lot of useful information there which will help you keep your pet healthy. Damned beardies have 3 forums dedicated to them over there >.>

This is our Carolina Dog Casey. Carolina dogs are the only pariah dog in the United States, and were used as hunting dogs by the Native Americans. They are also known as the "Dixie Dingo", due to their resemblance to their Aussie cousins (whom they ARE more closely related to than any other breed).

In the south, they run wild in packs in swamplands, and are also called "Yeller dogs" and "swamp dogs". Stuff like that.

We found Casey near Beaufort, SC about 14 years ago, and she looked to be about 1 or 2. She had a messed up paw, and for some reason only would listen to my husband for about a year. She is very "vocal", and talks to us a lot. She even says "I love you". She's a very intelligent dog, and is often mistaken for an actual dingo. (I guess us calling her "dingo" doesn't help either).

She is friendly, but on her OWN terms. She is a pack animal, and our family is her pack. She's VERY protective, especially of the baby and my hubby.

The "bohound" in the avatar is her late son. He was mixed with Australian Cattle Dog, and was VERY intelligent. My husband trained him to respond to clicks, whistles, hand signals, etc. (basically to be silent and to walk "point") He was tragically killed by an idiot kid last September 27th by accident. Let's just say that he looked a LOT like a small deer with his size and coloring.

Casey still acts like a pup, even at her age! This picture is about a month old, just after she administered a little "final justice" to a local groundhog. She was so full of herself.

post-20073-1252368881_thumb.jpg

Wow....I've been a dog person all my life and never heard of this breed. I'm also part Cherokee so that makes it even more interesting.

I'm sorry to hear about bohound.

Shannon

Not sure what part of NC you're in, but there are plenty of Carolina dog rescues down your way... You really should check them out. After being Casey's and 'Bo's stewards, we wouldn't have any other animal.

They really are just like people, only smarter.

My husband buried 'Bo out back under his favorite hunting spot, the black walnut. He made him a headstone nicer than most people have out of corian... He visits him every morning before work. I know he misses him like mad, hell, I miss him like that too. He was only 3 and a half years old.

To put it into perspective, my husband doesn't cry when people pass, but I still catch him "tearing up" when 'Bo is mentioned. That is a hell of a bond.

Man I'm surprised there haven't been more exotic animals posted in this thread. You would think, with as many members as we have now, there would be more than those posted so far. Maybe it has something to do with that other thread that kept getting bumped to the top yesterday...the one with stupid trolls attacking the more knowledgeable members of our site with idiotic rhetoric... :rolleyes: .

I'll bump it one more time with some pretty cool pics of my Burmese Pythons. Then if it gets any more interest I'll try and find the pics of some copperheads and their babies.

And I've still got a pic somewhere of two of my friend's big tortoises humpin in his back yard...lol.

This is my breeding pair of pythons...Monte, my ten foot male, and Cleo, my twelve foot female (at the time)....kicking back in some little cubby holes they found to nap in after a long day of guarding my house.....yes, they used to just crawl around free before I built huge cages for both of them. They had their own room in the house where they stayed most of the time, but when I was gone to work they were allowed to roam the house. My Rottie had the outside covered (at least the back and side door where his run would reach) , but can you imagine the look on a would be burglar's face if he went in someone's home and was confronted by a couple of 10'+ snakes as big around as his legs? :eek: LOL!

Just for kicks we used to send the occasional problem drunk 'guest' into the snake room when they asked where the restroom was...and then try to suppress the laughter while we watched and waited....Hahahahaha! (A lot of times, a large python will climb straight up a wall along a door casing and across the top...like the closet, or even better, the entry door... and just sit like that with six to eight feet up the wall, and the rest anchoring themselves on the floor.) It was always fun to watch their reaction...first, the blood curdling scream, then the mad dash for the front door.... :lolol: You didn't want to get drunk and out of control in my house!! :devil:

Anyway...back to Monte and Cleo napping in the den....

post-1293-1252416774_thumb.jpg

And a few of them stretched out in the yard....

post-1293-1252416900_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple outside a townhouse I used to live in...and NO it wasn't feeding time...lol!

post-1293-1252417031_thumb.jpg

It was pretty easy really, to just let them crawl around in the yard and go peek out the window once in awhile to keep up with their activity. They move pretty slow unless they are chasing something. We didn't have any problems with people wanting to cut through our yard....I wonder why...lol.

post-1293-1252416959_thumb.jpg

That's one big snake ya have there cobra I'm not big on snakes ill stick to my attack iguana hehe I got bit by a rattle snake when I was younger so a little gun shy of em you could say but I don't freak out to bad with tame pets hehe nice lookin snake though

That's one big snake ya have there cobra I'm not big on snakes ill stick to my attack iguana hehe I got bit by a rattle snake when I was younger so a little gun shy of em you could say but I don't freak out to bad with tame pets hehe nice lookin snake though

Constrictors usually will not bite people... they rely upon squeezing their prey and they are smart enough not to attack something much larger than themselves.

I have never been bit by my snakes or spiders, however my lizard has bitten me once out of curiosity. Everyone who has been bitten by kingsnakes say that their bite is almost painless.

My lizard's bite was anything but painless. Uros have ridiculous bite force and their little teeth are razor sharp. Needless to say, she almost took a 1/2 inch plug of skin off the tip of my finger. I was sticking my finger just slightly into her mouth to hold her lower jaw open while showing the vet something... well, she decided that my finger must have been food. Luckily she quickly realized that it wasn't food and let loose before completely clamping down. :lolol:

Pray that your iggy never bites, because they are pretty much the same. Something to do with them being acrodonts (teeth are attached directly to the jaw and not socketed like ours). Lizard bites are no bueno.

Lol you don't have to tell me the big iggy is a bit over 5ft and I've gotten a few stiches from going feed him and he bites me instead of the food and it happens pretty quick he bits down and pulls away wich is like some one just slicing your hand open with. A razor blade.but now he waits till I shut the door till he goes eats hehe

And of course you know about the tails... they love using those. I know that iggys can split skin open, but a uro tailstrike is no good. Those spikes are rock hard and sharp as hell. The only times she has taken a swing at me has been when I have pulled her out of her hidey-hole against her will, usually at night when i have company over that wants to look at her.

One day I will get an iggy or a tegu when I have enough room. Doubt that I will ever get a big snake though. The pet store near me has a 260lb python. It is a beautiful animal, but it must be as big as a soccer ball in the middle.

Yeah when they get that big they will eat you out of house and home, unless you start raising your own rabbits. I used to get all mine from this sweet lil lady who raised them for meat and sold them. She had a big female Rottie that was quite proficient at killing them quickly and almost painlessly. Hop hop...SNAP!

Fed my bigger one a full grown white leghorn chicken once...live....boy that was wild to see.....lol! Damn chicken was holding it's own pretty well for awhile there. Then it tried to jump over her and she caught it midair, about 4 feet off the ground and SLAM! Poof! Feathers flew everywhere...

I had a buddy with a 22 foot Burmese about as big around as a telephone pole and just as hard. That thing ate 3 or 4 rabbits a week.

I had a couple of nice Iggys too. One got about 6 feet. You're right about their teeth and tails. They can be quite violent when they want to. Had super sharp claws too. It was fun watching them. They like to bang their heads like little rockers, and put on quite show if they are trying to impress someone.

One of mine used to occasionally act really wild when this one chick used to come over. I later found out that Iggys can sense a human female, who is menstruating. She verified that was actually the case on those occasions when he was going nuts around her. Trippy... :eek:

That sounds like a lot of food glad all my izzy eats is fruit and bugs every now and then and gota keep some gatorade mix around for bath time hehe bout the only time he will try and hit me with his tail is if I try and take him out of his tub when he aint ready got a nice scar on my arm one day from pulling him out of his bath hit me with the tail and cut me open pretty good now when he is ready to get out he will sit on the ledge and pop his tail on the water to let me know time to get out

YEah that kinda freaks me out some hehe I did find some pics of my old turtle thats exotic right ? It was an aligator snapping turtle does he look so cute ? post-17989-1252468355_thumb.jpg

Then they turn into this hehepost-17989-1252468385_thumb.jpg Then a few years after they get to this size they turn into thispost-17989-1252468510_thumb.jpg Turtle soup ?

• Like 1