JT Engineering Magwell Demonstration by Jack Travers

Jt Enginnering magwell. http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/jte-magwell.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GpMvj-v3_w

How to modify standard SGM mags.

post-9063-0-77566700-1377109484_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-42689700-1377109495_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-04954000-1377109512_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-21343700-1377109544_thumb.jpg

i think mine might be defective, i mean it works be no way did it make my mag changes that fast

Mine also then. That must be why his reloads are twice as fast as mine.

• 1 year later...

here are my questions for you, I ordered the mag well for AGP mags, however I have just by chance aquired a bunch of Sure-fire mags and an unconverted Saiga, so I'm going to leave "Old Reliable" alone and build the new S-12 into my future match shotgun. My question is can I fit my new Sure-Fire mags to work and play well with my AGP Mag Well? And what are the differences between the two?

here are my questions for you, I ordered the mag well for AGP mags, however I have just by chance aquired a bunch of Sure-fire mags and an unconverted Saiga, so I'm going to leave "Old Reliable" alone and build the new S-12 into my future match shotgun. My question is can I fit my new Sure-Fire mags to work and play well with my AGP Mag Well? And what are the differences between the two?

The AGP magwell is .030" bigger inside front to back. You can use SGM mags in a AGP magwell, but you will need to add material to the mags. Most use JB Weld or plastic epoxy.

Can you fire 3" magnums without the magazine falling out of the gun? And if so, do they still drop free when you hit the release?

Tony

I have never used 3" with the magwell. I have used full power Rem. buck shot 2 3/4" with no problems. I will give 3" a try as soon as I get back to the range.

If anyone else has used 3" with the magwell, feel free to comment.

I fitted a Sure-fire to the mag well, I had to add a 1/8 of material from the local hobby shop to the bottom of the magazine catch this brought magazine into proper feeding position. Very proud of my little modification also I'm running first gen AGPs I'm fitting it now it's a little tight and not dropping free yet. Tony I'm sure that my mag well will hold any shells. I never use 3 inch mags but I'll pick up a box for testing once I get'er done.

so far I have worked on 3 Gen 1 AGP mags and have them kind of working they sit in there tight but don't fall out freely. I plan to get all my mags roughly fit then do some fine sanding to get them all to drop freely

Edited by topmaul
  • 2 months later...

Can you fire 3" magnums without the magazine falling out of the gun? And if so, do they still drop free when you hit the release?

Tony

I've run 10 3" slugs (Brenneke BMM) in my AGP magwell with no issues and my mags do drop free.