interest in a recoil reducing stock?

got the idea from this thread http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=44599

would there be any interest in a recoil reducing stock, that is a modified tapco stock(aka made in USA). i have been thinking and looking around a bit, it wouldn't be to complicated to modify a tapco t6 stock into a recoil reducing stock. it would be cheaper than the Israeli and made in USA. it could be fitted to each individuals needs(whichever position is most comfortable to each respective person). my idea is slightly different than the thread and would have slightly longer travel and therefor more recoil reduction. just checking interest, if there's enough ill make a prototype and send it to a more respected member/third party for a review. opinions? thoughts? hate it/like it? lets here what you have to say

Tapco makes great triggers, but honestly their buttstocks leave a lot to be desired. I've been running an Enidine tube on my S-12 for about the last year and it's tough as nails. Plus, you can run whichever AR buttstock you want on it.

MT92170.jpg

Yes, they are mil spec sized. Maybe I should have said "you can run any mil spec buttstock you want."

Are there any buttstocks that are *only* available in commercial size? Generic M4 style, Magpul and Vltor all come in both sizes. Got a Magpul MOE on mine - fits snug and gets the job done without any excess bells or whistles.

My Enedine is Milspec, but when I called them to order I was told I could order a commercial tube if I wanted. fwiw.. That may have changed in the past year.

Well that's cool! I ordered mine from a certain distributor cause they offer a C&R discount (they're not business members, but it begins with a "B" and ends with "ownells"). Milspec was the only option.

I know there are a lot of commercial spec M4 style buttstocks available for not much money, that are perfectly good buttstocks (Ace, for instance). Plus if people already have a couple guns and have standardized on commercial spec, this lets ya swap things around if you prefer.

• 10 months later...