Sar-2 or Saiga

Nice buy.. I agree with your choices.. Sweet OD too.

Thanks dude. I may eventually buy the 31 or even a sportster to do another conversion, but right now after this purchace Im tapped out money wise.

Ehh... It's so difficult. I know you're going for collectability here so i can't believe you didn't get the SGL. I'm just finding it odd. The only reason I wouldn't get something collectable is that to sell it, you have to basically keep it NIB. And I don't have nearly as many rifles as you do so whatever I get is going to be well used. But I can understand where the collectability aspect comes into play.

As an old school AK gunsmith, I question the proposition that non-Russian AK parts are somehow inferior to Russian or Bulgy or whatever made parts. Russians make the same parts as everyone else, the cheapest thing they can produce that works. I think it's a testament to folks' lack of understanding of their weapons, to have someone else 'do most of my conversion for me'....If you don't have the tools,experience, whatever, FINE. But I would walk a fine line in PSUEDO insulting my conversion, for example..because it has too many non-Russian parts. I'll blow you and your piece out today and tomorrow....because I know my rifle inside and out and don't give a F@!# about getting green mags/furniture or it's resale value. You looking for an investment?...get some old ass coins or some other museum ready piece of crap. While you're at it buy a dictionary, and convert your ass to some proper spelling!! Don't bother to gripe...I don't live here...

The Amount of Russian parts goes a long way in my decisions. I invite you to check over my posts, you'll notice a wide variety of AK projects Ive undertaken, from simple saiga conversions, to parts kit builds, to rewelds. If you live near central Idaho I'd be happy to take up your challange and see if you can "blow me out of the water"... As for my spelling, I invite you to lick my balls. Also I hate you.

That was comedy gold.

The Amount of Russian parts goes a long way in my decisions. I invite you to check over my posts, you'll notice a wide variety of AK projects Ive undertaken, from simple saiga conversions, to parts kit builds, to rewelds. If you live near central Idaho I'd be happy to take up your challange and see if you can "blow me out of the water"... As for my spelling, I invite you to lick my balls. Also I hate you.

That was comedy gold.

heh thanks man, funny responce to a dick head comment.

Actually I went with the gunbroker SAR based on its spur of the moment cool factor. I really should have gotten the SGL. That being said, it only took me two months to save the extra scratch to buy the thing, so if they are still around Ill pick on up come Xmas.

• Like 1

and don't give a F@!# about getting green mags/furniture...

who whoa whoa asshat... If you want to have a pissing match with these guys, fine by me, but I don't think you need to insult me or my gun or drag me into your bullshit. I bought the green SOLELY because it was semi-self camoflaginh, it was differant and you don;t see too many guy that have it. It definately has NOTHING to do with it being "correct" or affecting it's function. And I'm wel aware it;s the indeain not the arrow, so I will ALSO take you up on your offer - you come 'round to Ohio, and I'll pit my Suppressed '74 against your home build every day of the week.

Hey Sal i got an email an figd i'd let you know since your going the OD look

Green 5.45's

d_1261.jpg

Prisonshank:> Thanks man, just bought three. I also bought one three days ago at $50 (wish I had known about k-vars sale, I would have saved $20!). If these are the very last of the OD color coming out of Bulgaria everyone should jump on the deal. I am hoping they have one last blast of plum 7.62x39 mags in stock as well sometime before the end of the year.

Redsoldier:> I like the fact that these forums have people who enjoy collecting, shooting and building on the platform. I enjoy all three! Having seen your rifles, I doubt badkharma2five will accept your offer... :smoke:

• Like 1