Tues Dec 16th I came home from work and found my front door kicked in. I knew without looking my guns were gone. :evil: These assholes busted in between 9 AM & 4 PM. Broad daylight thru a door across the street from a school. No one saw anything either. There are no windows on that side of the school tho. They got my Saiga 7.62, Saiga 12, SAR1, NEF 12 gauge singleshot, and a 50 cal Knight blackpowder rifle I'd owned less then a week. Every gun I owned. The good news is my insurance is gonna cover them. They were in arms reach of & didn't take 1000 rounds 7.62 X 39, 250 rounds 12 guage 6 shot, a 75 round drum & 6 40 round mags for the SAR1, and the mag for the Saiga 12. I can't express in type how angry I am.

Hate hearing about these situations. Glad the insurance is going to cover. Get a gun safe...I used to think of your situation happening to me, working strange days/hours as a trucker. Bought a safe (finally) and never thought about it after that. Actually, my biggest fear was coming home to be out gunned by my own guns by some punk as I pulled in. Don't let it get you down.

im sorry to here about your loss. i hate theives more than anything, ive had all 3 of my trucks broken into. a gunsafe is a great investment. my guns are in a safe at all times, unless they are being used. the only exception should be when a gun is out for use in home defense

• 2 weeks later...

Awfully sorry to hear that. :(

BTW, here in Russia all gun owners are obliged to keep all guns in a locked safe fixed to a concrete wall.

This is a mandatory for any gun owner. Besides, if cops discover that an owner keeps his guns out of a safe, you may say goodbuy to your gun licence for at least 5 years!

Do You have something like this in US?

WBR,

Sergey

Although here in Texas you would certainly be held accountable if, say, a child was involved in an accident involving a firearm you left loaded and easily accessible, nevertheless there are no laws preventing a person from having as many loaded and unlocked firearms lying around your abode as you wish. My primary reason for owning guns is to protect myself and my family. As far as I am concerned, a locked up gun, or locked away gun, is just about useless.

As far as I am concerned, a locked up gun, or locked away gun, is just about useless.

agreed!

here in San Antonio things have been going to hell, crime in my area is at an all time high, and there have been several home invasions in the past few months.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very sorry and angry for your loss. It's people like this that just turn your stomach. It's not bad enough that they probably contribute absolutley nothing to society, but now the sorry little bastards are taking from those who do. I wish you had been home when they broke in so that they could have gotten a very up close and personal view of one of those weapons. But rest easier in the knoweladge that one day those little blood sucking shitheads will bust into the wrong place and I'm sure that when it's all over, they'll be exactly where they belong.......IN HELL, BEING RAPED BY THE DEVIL FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!! :killer:

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Hi everyone

here in england we have to keep our firearms under lock and key at all times

and we would loose our firearms licences if they got stolen even from a locked gun safe and as for using a firearm for home defence.... foreget it id be in the shit if i punched a burgler in the mouth

our laws need some serious sorting out

Did you have a rough day or what Bvamp? You seem to be a little on edge. As for all that, I'd say the Germans are historically the country to fear even if they are just the size of Texas.

And look at Israel, you wanna talk about bad guys. We've given them $100 Billion dollars in the last 30 years in weapons and straight $$$ to buy more weapons from US manufacturers. Not to mention they have the 4th largest air force consisting mainly of F-16s (also US gifts) in a country the size of New Jersey. And do you know what they do with all this power, beat up on the Palestinians. You wonder why Palestinians bomb Israeli bus stops etc, it's because Israel is building settlements in their territory (a violation of international law). Basically it's the same thing we did to the Indians, tear their houses down, tell em to move out, and build our own. Of course we support Israel because they give us a foothold in the oil rich middle east while having no oil themselves.

And what's with this "conceal your kill weapon in the wall" stuff, do you have guns in your walls Bvamp? Whatever happened to a gun in the nightstand and a shotgun in the corner, huh?

Are you just frustrated because you are forced to comply with even more senseless laws then the mojority of us?

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Bvamp really had a bad day didnt he , ohhh lets slag off every other nation except U.S.A lol

Im above all that.

At the end of the day we all need to work together against oppressive gun laws whatever our nationality and this kind of insular outburst does nobody any good. As for who supported U.S.A in Iraq in both gulf wars despite U.S friendly fire???????????? well we were in there too............................ all the way.

All our nations have great and not so great things about them and if we can keep some kind of unity we can make this world a better place for all. Thankfully there are guys like kysoldier who see the sence through all the BS our governments spin us , i agree totally on the israel thing , palestinians are getting beat by the playground bully and they have little except small arms and bombs with witch to fight armour and air power.

lol

assassin

Understand that BVamp IS the MINORITY opinion. While we disagree with a lot of what he says, we'll defend his right to say it to the death.

As to the european nations, we would like to count you as our friends. MOST of us don't consider ourselves as superior, unlike BV and our president. So, don't let a few loudmouths frame your opinion of the the American people in general. Yes, right now the hotdog cowboys are out there and visible, some actually running the country, but hopefully that will change soon. In any event, it is not representative of the majority of us here. We are a strange lot, but well worth getting to know and understand.

With that said, when you get SO civilized as to be unable to use deadly force to defend your loved ones and property, you kind of end up getting what you deserve. So, if someone breaks in and rapes your little 8 year old girl, I'll feel sorry for you on two counts. One, for having to deal with the consequences of rape. Two, for legislating away your right to defend yourself and your loved ones.

Personally, I think it far better to REQUIRE every sane adult to receive proper training and carry a firearm at all times. Eventually, we'll all learn that a society can't delegate all responsibility for all protection to law enforcement. Every member of society has equal responsibility for enforcing the rules and protecting ourselves and each other. The "let someone else do it" attitude just won't get it done. Eventually, we'll all learn.

Billyjobob

Assassin: I thank you for the compliment, I'm sure you have the best "outside" view of the US that none of us can get on local stations.

Billyjobob: I like your line of thought, although I know KY law will not back me if I protect another person (with my concealed weapon) in a situation I myself could have ran from. Pretty dumb, but I imagine it is so to keep people from vigilante justice...."just cause I have a gun to protect myself, doesn't mean I'm a cop" sort of thing. Personally if I see something I don't like, I might step in if it is warranted.

Example: Recently while walking down a street (in an area recently struck with a big increase in robberies) I saw a girl getting harrassed...I hung around for a while just in case. Nothing happened, but I felt better knowing things were OK.

P.S. Billyjobob, the stock is coming along beautifully, will post pics soon! Now my friend wants to buy a Saiga and finish the other!

I did read that Guest comment completely wrong, and replied way off base, so...

ASSASSIN: You are right, man, 100% My honest apologies for the rude comments that I made tword the UK. God save the Queen! You might have some whacky gun/criminal laws there, but that doesnt detract from the fact that you guys stood up to the plate when noone else dared. Terrorists are only terrorists if you let them scare and intimidate you.

Billyjobob: I dont see what America really needs from every other country so bad that so many of our jobs have gone overseas, as well as manufactured goods. By saving a few bucks on these things and sending the balance overseas, we are costing ourselves MORE money doing that. I have a lot of resentment in general because of issues like that. You get more bang for the buck, but that buck just left america forever...

KySoldier: Id like to point out that hiding a shotgun in your wall behind a breakaway panel is a good idea. Noone will find it but you. This includes if one walks in on crooks in the process of robbing them blind. Also, remember, technically you arent supposed to do a damn thing if you see a crime in progress unless its a felony. Then you have to, by law, use the words "I saw you do blahblahblah, and I am placing you under citizen's arrest." Something else to think about is if you DO have to pull your piece, make DAMN WELL SURE you call the cops even if noone else saw it and tell them what happened. Crooks will often call the cops up and say some man just accosted them at gunpoint. If they call them first, you are screwed. Never use the word kill or anything racial either. It proves malicious intent. ALWAYS WARN INTRUDERS OR OTHERS YOU WILL SHOOT THEM! And if you DO have to shoot some poor bastard, (I hope you never have to), DONT talk in depth to the cops until you get an attourney. You might word something the wrong way and hang yourself.

:D

No problem Bvamp , in fact i sympathise with you guys wanting to keep your guns close at hand for emergencies and i too would like to do this , every good person has the right to defend his/her own life and those of their loved ones. English laws are stupid , that is so true. We must defend ourselves as we see best to make sure that we will always outnumber the bad guys. I hate to think of shooting someone in my own home (new carpet lol) but i guess if it came to that then i would as a last resort. I just wish the laws here were less stupid and gave us the protection we deserve against the bad guys. i also agree with the part about becomming so civilised as to be legislated against with regard to protecting your loved ones etc , well my familly have suffered one murder and i dont count on being the next :killer::killer::killer::killer: , if our police and laws cant protect me then i will.

all the best

assassin

• 5 months later...

Just an update. I got a gunsafe a few days after being robbed. It was a Christmas present from my girlfriend. She had bought it before the break-in but was waiting for it to be delivered. The insurance company valued the guns at about $1000 then socked me for a $500 deductable. They also paid for fixing the door and other stuff that was taken. An $1800 check wasn't enuf to cover all loses but I did get a MAK 90 and a Knight black powder to restart my collection. I'm 99% sure I know who did this but, I have no proof. Karma will get them tho so, I try not to obsess about exacting some payback :devil:

I also want to thank everyone who expressed their feelings online or otherwise. Your support is ap-pr-she-ated. Someday I'm gonna have to learn to spell.

Edited by Beam97xl