Saiga 20 gauge with .308 WOOD! SWEET!!

ZERO MODS...

I had to trim the tip of the stock where it fits into the receiver, and trim the tip of the forend where IT fits into the receiver, as the 308 woods are a touch longer than the 20 gauge ones. ( about a half inch on each... )

The wood was purchased from a forum member, who converted his .308 to something else... thats probably the only way you will find any of it.. I dont know where else to recommend... Supposedly KREBS used to have it, but I think thats gone the way of the dodo... :(

Thanks for the comments! I am glad ya like it!!

:smoke:

• 10 months later...

Old thread, but glad to see it surface again.

I laid out the VEPR furniture by my nekkid S-20 and was half tempted

to chamfer the back of the receiver and throw it on!!!! For some reason

that handguard & barrel looks sweet! I couldn't assemble without removing

lots o' material from one or the other, but I'll throw a pic up tonight.

If I had another S-20 I'd do it. Got other plans right now...

I just ordered a full solid wood AK stock set for the S-20. (HG's, PG & Stock) I'm finishing up an AK gas tube swap & rsb mod. like my 410. Gonna be killer!!! Should have it Friday...

I need another S-20 for the VEP furniture. :smoke:

I have a VEPR forearm that I am STILL DEBATING on sticking on one of the Saigas... thing is... its going to be a real dirty whore to attach... as its not designed the same way... I will need to drill holes and bolt it on so to speak...

On the subject of using S-308 wood, doesn't it block the gas adjustment port? Wooden handguards I see from Russia are shorter, presumably for that reason. I've been working on handguards designed to give the maximum length while allowing unhampered access to the gas valve.

Folks who've used rifle wood on an S-12 and S-20 please comment!

It kinda blocks it, yeah... but the way I shoot... It is set and stays set... and it really isnt too much trouble to change... I mean if you are out in the field and need to be swapping back and forth your gas port settings... theres probably something weird or strange going on...

I set it for light loads... cause thats all I shoot... trap loads, and squirrel/rabbit hunting loads... I dont NEED to set it for slugs or buckshot... so for me, its not an issue.

• 4 years later...

heres the 20 gauge with the .308 wood set... VERY PURDY!!!!

I LIKE IT!!!!

MIght as well necro this thread again. Essentially, this is exactly what I'm going for for my Saiga-20. Getting the wood? Heh, another story.

I actually have a friend who's getting a 20 or 12 later this year. He wants to know how feasible it would be to fit Saiga 223 wood on a 20. He's not sure he wants to do something custom like I'm trying to do. We can find those stock sets, but I have no clue if they would be interchangeable at all. Figure I'd ask here.

Edited by mgvsquared

Anything is possible... Just have to have the time, ability, and patience to make it work! :up:

It is relatively easy to attach the 308 wood... Just need a dremel, and an idea of what needs to be removed to fit in the S20.

Just gotta drill one hole in the forearm, though, to put the screw in to attach it to the shotgun where the factory forearm attached.

• 3 months later...