I did a little more pimping of my Saiga 12 recently and thought I'd share. I noticed in the .308 forum someone had used an FN FAL forend on a .308 and I thought I would try and see if it would fit the Saiga 12. It did! and it feels great! Also, the extra US part is a plus. :smoke:

I also cut some slots in the buttstock so as to affix a Krinkov rubber buttplate on a standard stock. (Normally, you can still slip the pad on, but this way it won't fall off.)

I've got the aimpoint a bit high, but I'll see how comfortable it is when I get around to shooting it again. One thing to note, aimpoint mounts have a really fat pin in them to fit in the groove on a rail... I used a KVAR mount, and it doesn't fit because the groove is too narrow. (I think this is the difference between 1913, Weaver, and Picatiny) :unsure: Anyways, I used a Stanag to Weaver(or is it picatiny?) on top of the KVar rail and it fits! Makes it higher though...

Just something to keep in mind when choosing a mounting solution.

post-807-1110438280_thumb.jpg

Edited by Salmonaxe
That looks really good!  Nice work!

Are those mags all different sizes?  They sure look it from the picture.

Nice Sig too =P

I thought so too; maybe one on the left is lying on it's back, next is almost up, and the one on the right is up??

3D situation->2D picture... ;-)

Make

nice idea on the forestock it gives me another option when I start work on my Saiga. I have a bushnell red dot sight that I want to mount as low as possiable. I have done some reasearch on the net and found a low side rail mount with 30 mm. rings but the supplier has bad rep. also there are a couple of places that make nice looking cheak pads if you need to raise your sight line. again good work on your Saiga

Gorgeous gun Salmon! Nice work. Definately get some more pics up when you get a chance. And nice photography too...bada$$ with the tac-light, knife, and .45. Now just throw on a grenade launcher and you'll be set. Flamethrower could be cool too though...hrm, gives me some ideas. :smoke: Have a good one and keep us posted!