Non-Vented Poly-Choke II's are in for the Saiga 12

I have had a few customers ask for these so I am now stocking them. $82.95

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-327/Saiga-12-Polychoke-Non-dsh-Vented/Detail?sfs=6d781bab

post-9063-12532330156275_thumb.jpg

For those that don't know much about chokes (like myself).......what, if any, is the difference between the slotted and non-slotted Polychoke? (Besides presence or absence of said slots)

The difference is... the slotted PolyChokes are a friggen pain in the arse to clean at the end of your shooting day, whereas these unslotted; solid adjustable choke is not (I owned the slotted version).

Truly though, performance wise there absolutely is NO difference between the two IMHO. As I just stated though, the slotted version serves as a wonderful catcher of carbon.... I mean, it looks cool and all, and I'm sure it functions slightly as a flash dispersion device or whatever (doesn't help with recoil).... but I found I needed to take a dental tool to it frequently to adequately clean it.

YMMV.

I own the slotted polychoke. It was the only version I could find anywhere when I bought it, and at the time I didn't even know that there were two versions of this device.

If I could trade my slotted polychoke for a non-slotted, I probably would. As Gary said, the slots catch carbon like nothing else and are a pain in the ass to clean. The slots are very narrow and sharp, I cut myself pretty good on em when I first got mine. The slots also add a good inch to the length of your gun. They do suppress the flash some though.

All that said, I do like the performance of the device. It tightens shot patterns quite a bit, and has a slug setting that works well.

edit: on the subject of recoil, either version of the polychoke, (or any choke really), is going to increase recoil. It does seem to help your gun cycle low-brass more reliably as well.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 1 month later...

how does the adjustment work? do you just turn it to the settings that are a half inch apart?or is it full turns.

All the way in should be X-Full and then back off each click. You should see the ring lock in each position. The settings are not far apart.

how does the adjustment work? do you just turn it to the settings that are a half inch apart?or is it full turns.

All the way in should be X-Full and then back off each click. You should see the ring lock in each position. The settings are not far apart.

so you turn it out to shoot slugs and buckshot?the unpinched position.

That is right.

That is right.

oops,9 rounds of slugs wouldn't hurt it in the pinched "tight" position? i hope.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...