• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Shannon,

Sorry man, I have been busy. I leave you alone for a few days and.....

On the bright side (if there is one to be found here), with the neck disection, they most likely will be cutting a lot of the nerves in there, so it may take away some of the pain that they have imposed upon you by the previous therapys. All we can offer is our support, I (as many are) am so sad that I am geographically isolated and can't be there to help you. While it is not the best news that you have shared recently, it is doable!

All the best, Fatboy

WELL... SAIGATEEN'S SURGERY WENT GREAT.... !!!!

originally talked of removing 3 ribs... only needed to remove part of one... Dr. said it was a complete success!!!

(They were gonna do radiation first...but ended up doing surgery first..)

Now we wait ti find out if there still gonna do radiation later this week....

WELL... SAIGATEEN'S SURGERY WENT GREAT.... !!!!

originally talked of removing 3 ribs... only needed to remove part of one... Dr. said it was a complete success!!!

(They were gonna do radiation first...but ended up doing surgery first..)

Now we wait ti find out if there still gonna do radiation later this week....

That's fantastic. I'm about a third of the way through radiation right now. The good news is that my dick still works - LOL. That intense radiation beam is REALLY close, but they're telling me a miss is as good as a mile.

Sitting here in the surgical waiting room with Racegal and KrisFox now. The docs will be taking me back in a few minutes for a full neck dissection to remove three of the five lymph nodes on my RT side in the neck area...and any possibly cancerous tissues they can find in there. I'll be here for three days. Maybe I'll survive to pester my fans some more....maybe not.

Good day.

Sitting here in the surgical waiting room with Racegal and KrisFox now. The docs will be taking me back in a few minutes for a full neck dissection to remove three of the five lymph nodes on my RT side in the neck area...and any possibly cancerous tissues they can find in there. I'll be here for three days. Maybe I'll survive to pester my fans some more....maybe not.

Good day.

Believe me, I understand your fear and uncertainty.

We're with you. Hang tough. I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how it went as soon as you can.

Godspeed Cobra!

You'll be fine, Bro. People beat this thing every day now. You should have seen my wife. She's fine now.

Don't worry.

Besides, you're too much of a pain to go this young! You'll be around for decades just to drive the rest of us insane!:lolol:

• Like 1

Just saw the latest post. Best wishes to all of you dealing with health issues tonight. Shannon just remember "better days will come", just keep pushing and when it gets bad, push harder. Thanks to all of you for having the strength to keep on posting even when you feel like shit.

Ain't nuthin like watchin God show out! Juggs, thanks for the report on Saigateen, lovin that good news, and Shannon, we'll be hearin it bout you also! Y'all just remember that you have got a WHOLE LOT of us crazy gun totin believers out here prayin for y'all. It ain't cause we're prayin for ya, it's what the "Senior Oncologist" is doing !

We'll stay in the trenches keeping on prayin and believing for positive reports!

Got back from seeing Shannon at the Hospital.

He looks like someone got him with a broken beer bottle in a bar fight.

Looks great though, they installed a port to drain the wound, they got a lot of fluid yesterday. Today only a couple ounces.

More than 24hours since the surgery and there is no redness or swelling,

He seems in good a good mood. I think he figured on being in much more pain from the surgery and is relieved that it isn't that painful.

Yep...that about sums it up...broken beer bottle or sharpened bayonet slash....:sick:

post-1293-12665090369585_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12665090567216_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1266509071585_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12665090941309_thumb.jpg

It's not too painful....as long as that cute little oriental chick keeps coming in here with that morphine shot every two hours (come save me Racegal! I'm in peril here!!)....I'm probably gonna be a sore MF once I get back home and all I have to rely on is my regular ol prescription drugs. At least I'll still have a hottie to bring em to me though. :wub:

Me too.

Wow did I freak everyone out with the nasty scar or what? Or maybe it finally just got too boring looking at the cancer thread....

Oh Well...doc came in this morning at 0700 and pulled that damned drain tube out of my neck. I wasn't expecting it to have a huge wick on the inside...

O U C H !!

Says I'm free to go and he'll see me next week, to take out the staples and tell me the results of the tests on the lymph nodes and scar tissue they removed in there. Hopefully that will be the last time I have to come here for anything besides checkups.

Somebody please come and help me GTF outa here! SANDI!!!

Cobra, FANTASTIC.

That's so fucking cool.

My doc told me that I am "probably" cancer free right now and that I will "probably" stay that way. I walked out of there on cloud nine. I am about a third of the way through my radiation treatments now. I'll be glad when they are done.

Congrats to all of us here with cancer. It looks like we're all doing as well as can be expected.

• Like 1

TJ's tumor shrunk from the size of his fist to 3 mm (size of a pencil eraser) due to the chemo.

One week ago Thursday he had 8 inches of rib taken out. He is doing great! The surgery was a complete success.

They removed any remaining tissue and he does not even have to have radiation now.

PET scan looked clear!! He'll follow up every few months, other than that he is "good to go"

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

Praises ALL the way around, survivors one and all :)

Bounce, TJ wanted us to express a special thanks to you for your support in getting him thru this, it meant a lot to him and us.

You and Shannon have been in our prayers everyday.

Take care and God Bless,

~Lorie

• Like 1