Bounce, TJ wanted us to express a special thanks to you for your support in getting him thru this, it meant a lot to him and us.

You and Shannon have been in our prayers everyday.

Take care and God Bless,

~Lorie

Thanks.

TJ looks amazingly good considering what he's been through. Like Cobra and I, he needs to wear that scar with pride. It's a war medal!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm down to six radiations to go. The inside of my leg is starting to feel like shoe leather, but they tell me it's good for me. lol

The past 8 months have been hard - really hard - but I can tell you for sure that both Cobra and Saigateen had it harder than I did.

One casualty in all this has been my short term memory. I can remember stuff from long ago fine, but I have no idea what I had for breakfast, or whether I even HAD breakfast. Not being able to remember really sucks. People will call me and ask if I have done something I was supposed to do and I will remember that I forgot to do it, but shit slips my mind, big time. I think it was the chemo that did it. That's OK. My dick still works and I still have my leg and my life. My memory may come back, I don't know.

OK, I'm down to six radiations to go. The inside of my leg is starting to feel like shoe leather, but they tell me it's good for me. lol

The past 8 months have been hard - really hard - but I can tell you for sure that both Cobra and Saigateen had it harder than I did.

One casualty in all this has been my short term memory. ....

I am glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery, even if it is a rocky one! Most of the folks that I know that have fought this battle have had the same memory loss, some so bad that they were basically unable to really care for these on welfare, all got it back.

Hang in there, you all have my prayers!

Sitting here in the surgical waiting room with Racegal and KrisFox now. The docs will be taking me back in a few minutes for a full neck dissection to remove three of the five lymph nodes on my RT side in the neck area...and any possibly cancerous tissues they can find in there. I'll be here for three days. Maybe I'll survive to pester my fans some more....maybe not.

Good day.

You are a VERY lucky guy to have two great friends in Racegal AND KrisFox to keep you in line! Maybe if you can't drink the beer just yet, they will send you home with an IV bag or two of beer... Just keep kicking ass! Isn't that what Southern boys do? lol.

Thanks you all. Thanks for the prayers. Thanks for the encouragement. Thanks for being there and offering your experiences and stories from your own backgrounds and those of people you know. The main reason I started this thread was because I knew I was going to need that, and you guys and gals have not let me (or Saigateen and Bounce as it turned out) down. I even had a very special visitor in my house last night from upstate NY. Our very own Fatboy was taking a road trip down to Atlanta to see some family, and took a big detour to come by here and visit me for a couple hours or so. We sat by the woodstove and shared cancer experiences and all for awhile, then went downstairs to the Frankenlab and talked Saigas with KrisFox for a bit while he was working on the Bullpup-12 project some more. Fatboy is a Kool Kat. He had pretty much the same exact cancer in the same place as I had it (DAMN that feels great to say the word HAD!!), around ten yrs ago or something. Yes Bounce, I know exactly what you mean about that short term memory loss my friend. I've had CRS pretty bad since all this started with the hardcore narcotics and all. It sucks. Racegal has been a savior to me through all this. She has helped me keep my meds on track and on time....and lots of other stuff. David (Fatboy, who's actually not fat at all...lol) was very helpful to me early on in this battle. I was totally lost and about to really start freaking the hell out, when I got an email from him that actually gave me some hope. That was something I really needed bad at that time, and in a BIG way. He told me all about how he had had his squamous cell cancerous tonsils taken out, along with about a third of his tongue, and a double lightbox size equivalent of mass from his neck...and was here to tell the story! That right there gave me the strength to stop reading all that shit on the internet, and listening to the doctors telling me about my 45-50% chance and all that...and it started me out on the path with war paint on! Thank you David! It was great visiting with you and I look forward to the next time you are able to come by here. One day I'm gonna get around to organizing a big Saiga shootout here and invite lots of Saiga-12 members for a full weekend of fun, the second day for those able to camp out or stay somewhere local. It's about time we organized one for us eastern crowd that was held in a more central locale. I think more people could make it then. Hell Dave's already driven to two of them, making the one down in Fla Early last year or the year before, and the one out at Indy's place recently.

Hmmmm this is starting to get long, better watch myself before I get people too excited. I just feel chatty today I guess. It's nice and sunny out, gonna go out back today with my favorite Saiga and do some blasting! I got a new Saiga 12 drum I want to try out! :ph34r:

Just wanted to come on here first and give the official update that my neck surgery was a complete success. Healing up great so far with no infection... I got tired of waiting for them to call (as it turns out they actually did forget to...) me in for staple removal, so I took the damned things out myself.:super: It was getting downright irritating after about a week, so after 11 days I decided they were coming outa there. It felt like 22 fish hooks stuck in my neck, and pulling every time I turned my head. Sleeping was an adventure, to be sure... Fortunately I was looking around in my tool box for something that might work good, and just happened across the perfect thing! No really! It was the actual tool for the job. Me being the ultimate packrat, I had saved the little stainless steel tool made for un-crimping surgical staples, from back when I took my wife in to get hers out after her hysterectomy about ten yrs ago! I saw them and was like Damn! That'll work! lol.

So....the other part of the surgery I was really wanting to know about...did they or didn't they get ALL of the cancer?? I managed to talk my Head Nurse gal into "leaking" the information to me that the biopsies were indeed NEGATIVE!!

HELL YES!!!:super: So at least for now that shit is officially GONE from my body, totally and completely! I want nothing else but happy cells from now on!

I just can't get over how small the world is and we had three different members here who battled cancer AND WON....all in the same timeframe like this! TJ and me were almost the same to the day, all through this whole ordeal, that's just wild...

And to think we were all three able to get the great news all wanted to hear (I hope it was all anyway...), and just in time to share it with Lorie and Max on and around their birthdays this year...well that's just awesome if you ask me. I'm sure they appreciate that a lot.

Happy Birthday you two! :sorcerer: I do hope our collective good news added a ray of sunshine to your good times. In fact I'm about to shoot my ex wife an email and tell her Happy B Day too. She shares it with y'all too, and has been very helpful to Sandi and me throughout this whole ordeal.

I made it down to Atlanta fine, a little saddle sore, but other than that just fine. It was nice to meet you too Cobra and Chris, the detour was well with it. As far as that goes, I have yet to meet a person here that wasn't a "decent human being"! To all the Brothers and Sisters that have or are fighting the "Big C", be sure to keep you mind right, eat well, do your exercises and continue on the straight and narrow to being healed.

Fatboy

Ok, Ok yeah yeah yeah. Get that engine in the CobraJet and start living it up! This is GREAT news Cobra! KICK FUCKINGASS! Damn it to hell, this is badass cool! Watch out world - Cobra is BACK! Thank you Racegal and Krisfox for hanging in there, but you had better get a better grip now! This is badass.

• 6 months later...

My prayers go out to you and your family that everything continues to be positive.

If you need some inspirational reading, you might try "Anatomy of an Illness" by Norman Cousins. The book details Mr. Cousins' journey after he was diagnosed with an extremely serious disease; he forged an unusual collaboration with his physician who helped him to use laughter, courage, and tenacity to beat the odds.

Edited by Ammo & Lace

Thanks Ammo & Lace. I appreciate that. Thanks for bumping my thread with that info. This past week was one year since all this crap started. I figured most people here were tired of hearing about it so I didn't make the announcement how great it was (to me) that this very loooooong year had finally passed, and all is supposedly well now. It's really hard to believe it has only been one year....believe me. Every day is still a challenge in some respects, but everyone has their problems.....important thing is a year ago a team of guys and gals in white coats told me I had about a 45% chance to survive....and I'm still here. I was pretty damned happy to even get to have a 45th birthday last month, even if not many people noticed. Life takes on a whole new meaning, and shit that gets other people all up in arms means nothing to me now...I do get pissed off seeing how some people around here act over stupid shit, and the way they dwell on the negatives instead of the positives, but oh well.

Thanks to all those here who stood by us all, through all the shit we endured....and actually cared.

They will cut it out, you will beat this and then you will thank the Almighty for your speedy recovery as you use this experience to make the life changes that will add 20 years to your life...

My Prayers are with you.

Congrats Shannon, like I realized not too long ago, there is a lot more important things in life than a bunch of people sitting behind computers. Your still being on planet earth is one of them.

Like an old gentleman I ran into at the VA hospital told me, "Every day I dont wake up with dirt in my eyes is a good day" I try to live my life with that in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys... keep Saigateen in your prayers....

a few concerns have been brought to light and a few abnormalities.....

I don't want to borrow any trouble, but a few extra prayers for T.J. wouldn't hurt....