• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Yes, I must add that my 'ol lady had hers swollen worse than that. Everything worked out alright, it was the result of an infection. Unfortunately, we didn't get any cool oozy puss that some infections are good for. May the force be with you young Gedi!!

Lots of things other than cancer can be the cause,my bets on a bacterial infection.

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Swollen neck lymph nodes. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

* Certain infections (see Infection)

o Common cold

o Upper respiratory infection

o Mononucleosis

o Sore throat

o Strep throat

o Viral infection

o Bacterial infection

o Tuberculosis

o Tonsillitis

o Rubella

o HIV

o AIDS

o Toxoplasmosis

o Peritonsillar abscess

o Epiglottitis

o Syphilis

o Numerous other infections can cause swollen neck glands or general swollen lymph nodes

* Sinus infection

* Ear infection

* Skin infection

o Acne

o Impetigo

o Sebaceous cyst

* Dental conditions

o Gum disease

o Dental infection

Way to be encouraging there buddy... :lol:

Doctors, by their nature, have to assume the worst when they run into something they can't rule out as benign. A pucker factor for sure, but as has been stated already, there's a long list of other things that can cause enlarged lymph nodes. Your doc wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't explain the possibilities and run tests to find out for sure what's going on.

That said, the waiting period where you don't know what the hell is going on definitely wears on the soul. Keep your head up and we'll keep you in our prayers on this end.

Shannon, you know you are in our prayers...please keep Saigateen in your prayers as well....

His MRI is Mon and Biopsy on Tues...

Know a fellow Saiga shooter is going through this "With you" this week..... FWIW...

I encourage ALL OF YOU to pray for our Brothers.....

Cobra,

I am not a religious man, but I wish you all the best. My grandmother passed away this last year due to not catching her cancer early enough. I am hoping that they will be able to treat yours in time. Even though we have never been on particularly friendly terms, let me know if there is anything I can do. Good Luck!

Shannon,

Keep a positive attitude and your head up. Things have a way of working out and I know that they will in this case. I was told by three different doctors that I had cancer due to some blood test results before they finally figured out that it was Graves Disease. I do know about the pucker factor, but as previously stated, keep you head up. Prayers are on the way.

cobra, i had something just like that a few years back. it wasn't cancer, i forget the medical term for what it was. it was basically a fatty tumor that grew on my saliva gland or something. i had an operation to get it removed, was in the hospital for a day. it's actually pretty common. i know a few other people that had the same thing. hopefully that's all it is bro.

Cobra;

Get this:

My lady JUST had the eXACT same thing. finally got concerned about it and went tot eh emergency room. It was, in fact, an extremely swollen lyph node, cause by a bacteria. They prescribed an expensive but kick ass anti=biotic, and in 4 days it was GONE! this thing had been othering her for over a week, but the medicine cleared it right up.

So in all probability, it;s probably something like that - no worries mate, everyhting will work out for you, I'm positive of it.

Guys I really appreciate all the prayers. This is going to be a very long weekend. Unfortunately this thing didn't just happen recently. It's been growing for almost a year. Just in the past few months it has gotten larger and started to hurt. I was an idiot for not getting it looked at 6 months or more ago, when I figured out it wasn't going away by itself. I didn't see any way to pay for it and have no insurance or savings to rely on. That was stupid and I know that. I finally got enrolled in a program called Project Access that allowed me to see a doctor and get an ultrasound at the hospital. Unfortunately though, the program is composed of doctors who donate their time to help people in dire straights, and there are no surgeries available for at least six more months, so I'm right back to doing what I should have done long ago. I have to just check into the hospital and hope for the best. They are supposed to have some financial assistance programs there of their own, for people in my situation. Even if I had sold all my guns, and everything I own, I still could not afford to go through something like an operation in a cancer hospital, and whatever goes with that....

Saigateen good luck buddy! We're praying for you too.

• Like 1

Prayers sent to you buddy.

The exact thing happened to me ,with the exception that the damn thing just grow overnight

and all of my lymph nodes where swollen needless to say I was scared as hell.

Had an outpatient surgery the lump was removed and after the biopsy they confirmed that it was some kind of benign tumor(oxymoron term if you ask me)

Good luck and keep a positive attitude.

Shannon, I know it sounds stupid, but forget it. worry when you walk into the doctor's office on monday.

dont drink, and smoke the least amount possible, and just enjoy your next days until you gotta go in for your check. I cannot stress this enough to ya man. I know you smoke cigs and party. they may put you under the knife next week. make yourself clean inside. our friendship may be fucked up and all, but im still your fucked up friend, and I am not lying to you.

It aint gonna do you no damn good to worry about it. Just get it fixed.

Having a positive outlook and attitude does wonders for the human metabolism....look it up if you dont believe me. Just dont have TOO MUCH fun, will ya?

Thank all of you for your good wishes and prayers. We spent today boating, fishing, shooting my AR-15, and visiting with friends and my brother and his girlfriend. Getting ready to throw some bacon wrapped chicken 'steaks', and bacon wrapped shrimp, onion, and pepper kabobs on the grill. Gotta love fresh peppers out of the garden. Yummy....and did I mention BACON!!!! Just picked myself up a case of beer and a carton of smokes......ok I'm lying about the smokes. I do not smoke.

• Like 1