• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

I agree with remaining positive.

I have a cyst in my right wrist on the underside. It is about the size of a grape, rather hard, and normally it is not painful. It grew slowly but the doctor says that it is nothing to worry about. That had me quite worried because I thought it was cancer.

I will say this though... When I had a few problems and I started worrying about them, all sorts of other problems came out of the woodwork. I shit you not, this cyst, a recurring stomach problem, a strange neurological problem with my lower legs, and a few other things came about within a few months of me freaking out about a lump that i had in my, well, nads. The ultrasound showed that it was just a hydrocele, but i freaked out for 2 weeks while I was waiting to get in for the ultrasound and then later while waiting on the results. The other problems, however, are potentially bad news. It appears that all of my other problems are linked to an autoimmune problem that was likely triggered by the stress. How is that for fun, knowing that your body is attacking itself. >.>

Just do stuff to keep your mind off of it... in fact, since it is likely to be a cyst or something benign that they may cut out, look forward to all the cool pain meds that they will give ya! I am sure that some of us here can help out if you are in dire straights. That is what friends are for, right?

Edited by zenmetsu

I just got an uplifting call from my Dad. He's had numerous skin cancers removed over the years, including a few malignant ones like a melanoma. He is a red head ( like you zen) and has fair skin that has always plagued him in the sun. He said from my description of it, it sounds alike a benign cyst or something. He's thinking just like I've been thinking for so long (almost a year now)....if it was cancerous, it would probably have already metastasized all over my body, especially if it's on my lymph node. It should have at least shown some swelling in the next nearest node, under my arm.... From what I've found from my research, it sounds like cancerous lymphomas and things of that nature grow much more rapidly and the person will exhibit other symptoms like dizziness, loss of facial muscle control, and even weight loss.

Hey...sounds good to me....<crosses fingers>

Correction on my earlier post...Those steaks are actually bacon wrapped beef filets...mmmmmm

Racegal just finished prepping all the veggies and shrimp kabobs, so we are about to do some grillin and chillin!....and mac & cheese......droool...:greedy:

• Like 1

Heh. Freaking out is natural, something is wrong and you can tell. Usually with cancer no matter where it is you are always going to have a general feeling of unwellness like something just isn't right in your body. On top of that a common symptom is persistent tiredness and possibly feelings of depression.

I would imagine with that thing being that big its either just some benign growth or a Lymph Node filled up with fluid as more than likely you would be feeling other things than just neck pain.

Still my thoughts with you man, cancer or not that what you are going through is no bueno and if you are like me at when it comes to waiting then the anticipation is killing you inside and you just want the answer no matter what it is now!

You guys are right. It's the waiting and not knowing that is really hard. Been worrying about it all year. Finally got an appointment with a doc that was two long weeks before it came up....then three more really long weeks waiting to get the ultrasound...and now the longest weekend I can remember waiting for the biopsy...and I hope it's not another lengthy wait to get the results from the lab. If I've seemed a little high strung lately please forgive me.

Just thank y'all for everything and I'm keeping Saigateen in my thoughts all through this mess.

Shannon

Thoughts and prayers going out to both you guys... UNC Cancer Center is one of the best facilities.

Exactly you don't do much better than that place. I hope it is nothing but you are in good hands. I know for a fact they have some really great docs there. Some of the PAs there are better than some docs I had in the past. Plus worst comes to worst you can head to duke for a 2nd opinion.

Biopsy results will probably be 4-5 days after they take out the sample. At least, that has always been my experience. Ultrasound results come back fairly quickly and can usually tell if there is a tumor or simply swollen lymph nodes.

Anyways, good luck. Maybe we should close this thread so that you stop thinking about it... :lolol:

Prayers sent your way bud. It's been posted several times, but I can't help that a good positive state of mind makes all the difference in the world (cancer or not). Stress does bad things to a body, so hang loose and do the things you love to do. Hope to hear good news soon.

Mark

Just saw this thread and had to reply. Cobra, I can't imagine how badly the anticipation must be, waiting to get to the doctor and find out the results. Chances are good it is nothing serious. Lymph nodes swell up all the time for fairly benign reasons. Get well soon bro! Hope it's just a cold or something.

I just saw this post and all I can do is echo what many others have already said. It really is most likely something less serious than cancer, so do your best to stay positive, don't tear yourself up with worry, (the body can really fuck itself up with mental stress).

That said, you're in my prayers, bro.

My Father's gotten all sorts of lumps like that. He still has one, right there. It's been looked at and isn't anything to worry about.

Good luck with your tests. For sure you don't have any reason to worry right now. Save the worrying for later, maybe for right after you find out you have no reason to worry.

I am no doctor, but I did work in the medical field for many years before. That lump could be anything. I've had similar lumps appear and go over time. I've actually got several lipomas over my body that my doctors have evaluated and ruled out as being harmless. It almost seems like everyday I have a new one somewhere else, (mainly on places where I suffered some sort of trauma). In other words, lumps and bumps are not always cancer, so try and stay upbeat. Good luck.

Well, unfortunately, it is cancer. But we have a good game plan set up with the Drs. at the UNC Cancer Hospital. His doctor made me feel much better and have much hope for a good outcome. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Shannon is busy letting his family know but will tell you however much info as he cares to later.

Well, unfortunately, it is cancer. But we have a good game plan set up with the Drs. at the UNC Cancer Hospital. His doctor made me feel much better and have much hope for a good outcome. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Shannon is busy letting his family know but will tell you however much info as he cares to later.

Tell Shannon, we are very sorry about the news....

CONTINUED PRAYERS......

at least we know what the enemy is and how to fight it..... onward to victory.....

Damn, I've been away for a few days hanging out with friends from out of town. Helluva thing to come back and find out about . . .

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Shannon.

Stay positive! Chin up! Kick it in the ass!

Sincerely,

David

Well, some cancers refuse to metastasize, or do so very slowly. Hopefully they will cut that bitch out and you will make a full recovery. I have been through what you are going through, but luckily in my case it was just a snip-snip and followed up with a few imaging sessions to make sure that it never spread. I got to skip out on all the evil shit like chemo.

In retrospect, I laugh about the whole ordeal now because of how much I freaked out over it. I can only pray that you will have the same experience that I did.