New SGL-31-61

Arsenals second batch of SGL-31's arrived and K-var is selling them for $799. Does anyone know what the difference is between the SGL-31-61 and the SGL-31-44 (Aside from $400)?????

Link Action:

Edited by Juggernaut
Non Con Link
  • Like 1

Stranger things have happened, but IMO there is no way on God's green earth an Arsenal would come without a bullet guide. It's just cost cutting by using a cheaper muzzle brake and stock mag. Saves about 40-50 bucks perhaps? I'm curious as to whether it's an actual 74 brake with the proper holing.

Besides the fact that You're getting a used surplus muzzle break as opposed to the new USA K-var one, The cheaper one is NOT alegion but is in fact a standard 5,45 SAIGA that arsnal themselves is converting. THE more expensive ones the majorirty of the work was done by LEGION. Therefore, I might expect on the cheaper ones to have some canted sight blocks as arsenal seems to be known for as of late. I bought the more expensive modela dn have loved it.~

Besides the fact that You're getting a used surplus muzzle break as opposed to the new USA K-var one, The cheaper one is NOT alegion but is in fact a standard 5,45 SAIGA that arsnal themselves is converting. THE more expensive ones the majorirty of the work was done by LEGION. Therefore, I might expect on the cheaper ones to have some canted sight blocks as arsenal seems to be known for as of late. I bought the more expensive modela dn have loved it.~

Thanks Red, thats exactly what I wanted to know. I will keep my eye out for SGL-31-44's and stay away from the 61's.

• Like 1

They are on the shelf of my local shop already.

Well, I guess your eyes will do :) What was the price on them at your local shop?

Thanks for the info. Since you've seen them, I'll ask questions. Did it have a bullet guide installed? What other differences did you notice? I thought all the SGL's were legion builds, the 10/20/21/31.

Thanks again for the info.

To me it looks just ike a converted 5,45, except it said "arsnal las vegas" on teh side, but did NOT say "LEGIO IZHEVSK RUSSIA". Everythig else was the same it seemed, but I only got to look from a distance and for a second [i was in a hurry], so I have no idea on bullet guide, but i'm sure it has one. I woudn't swear to it, but I'm pretty sur eit had the bulgarian FSB and not the russian one as well.

It's not just the sporters that have canted FSB's, often it's anything that Arsenal gets their hands on. My SGL31 had a badly canted FSB out of the box :super:

It was easily fixable but still, there goes Arsenal again, but it's definately a shooter. Very nice indeed.

Z

To me it looks just ike a converted 5,45, except it said "arsnal las vegas" on teh side, but did NOT say "LEGIO IZHEVSK RUSSIA". Everythig else was the same it seemed, but I only got to look from a distance and for a second [i was in a hurry], so I have no idea on bullet guide, but i'm sure it has one. I woudn't swear to it, but I'm pretty sur eit had the bulgarian FSB and not the russian one as well.

Arsenal's website has pics of it up and it shows the side and it says "LEGION IZHEVSK RUSSIA" and also has the Legion Logo on the web page. Then there's this line:

From the combined effort of Legion Ltd, the custom shop of the legendary Izhmash Factory in Russia, and Arsenal, Inc. of Las Vegas, Nevada comes a new SGL31 (Saiga) rifle in 5.45x39.5 caliber. Initially manufactured by Legion Ltd in Russia and remanufactured by Arsenal, Inc. in the United States, the new SGL31 rifle has everything that collectors and shooter have been looking for. Hand-select premium components, custom-shop-like attention to details by Legion Ltd, and Arsenal, Inc.'s highest standards of workmanship, give this rifle its superior quality.

Here is also the owners manual, note the first paragraph.

Owners Manual

I'm super disappointed if that's not the case.

Edited by Juggernaut
Non Con link

Well, it sounds like counter clerk struck again - I calle dback down there today and these were indeed 5,45 saigas thatw ere converted, so these were NOT SGL's at all. I'm I'm guessing the clerk was only half hearing me or only half cared but either way, these are NOT SGL's they have... so this brings me back to square one then... I ahve no IDEA what si differant than on this run over the first run, but it's got ot be something to be a differant number and a significant price reduction. Maybe one of us should man up and call Arsenal and ask?

Well, it sounds like counter clerk struck again - I calle dback down there today and these were indeed 5,45 saigas thatw ere converted, so these were NOT SGL's at all. I'm I'm guessing the clerk was only half hearing me or only half cared but either way, these are NOT SGL's they have... so this brings me back to square one then... I ahve no IDEA what si differant than on this run over the first run, but it's got ot be something to be a differant number and a significant price reduction. Maybe one of us should man up and call Arsenal and ask?

They posted all the differences on another site, and its causing quite a bit of grumblings. The differences are as follows:

US Made Non Chrome lined muzzle brake vs Chrome lined US Made brake

Russian 10 Round Mag vs 30 Round Bulgarian

White Arsenal box vs Brown Legion Russian box...

Apparently a 300 dollar brown box pisses people off...

They posted all the differences on another site, and its causing quite a bit of grumblings. The differences are as follows:

US Made Non Chrome lined muzzle brake vs Chrome lined US Made brake

Russian 10 Round Mag vs 30 Round Bulgarian

White Arsenal box vs Brown Legion Russian box...

Apparently a 300 dollar brown box pisses people off...

I. C. thanks everyone for clearing this stuff up. I am happy the price came down!

• Like 1

I. C. thanks everyone for clearing this stuff up. I am happy the price came down!

Don't delude yourself.

The "price didn't come down", they are selling a very different rifle under the "SGL" model name. . .

U R Incorrect (thats the worst kind of correct) :haha: . There is not a significantly different product from the looks of things. Save the magazine, it looks virtually identical. I am waiting to see if the riviting was done in the same way and if this new patch says legion on the side.

• Like 1

U R Incorrect (thats the worst kind of correct) :haha: . There is not a significantly different product from the looks of things. Save the magazine, it looks virtually identical. I am waiting to see if the riviting was done in the same way and if this new patch says legion on the side.

So 20 rounds of mag capacity and a name engraved on the side is worth $300? Those folks in Nevada have got a lot of you brainwashed. . .

NO NON CONTRIBUTOR LINKS.........PLEASE!!!!!

my bad, forgot you guys have raa and not k-var.

No worries.... Thanks for not taking it poorly...

The only differances are the SGL-31-44 has a chromelined muzzle brake, circle 10 30rd mag and the Russian Izhmash box. The -61 has a US nonlined muzzle brake, 10rd izzy mag and white arsenal box like my SGL20 came with. I bought the last -44 KVAR had 3 days before the -61 came out. I bought a -61 Monday for my other son. I guess the oldest boy will get the way super cool "Limited Edition" SGL31 and the youngest will get the not so "Limited Edition" SGL31.

I verified that the guns are identical with the exception of the brake and mag. Same markings, same components, same everything.

Warrant

Edited by warrantw4

I verified that the guns are identical with the exception of the brake and mag. Same markings, same components, same everything.

So the loss of 20 rounds mag capacity, no chrome lining in the brake and a different box = $300 price reduction?

. . . .

So the loss of 20 rounds mag capacity, no chrome lining in the brake and a different box = $300 price reduction?

. . . .

You got it. I think the 10rd mags sell for about $2-3 less than the 30rd, the non-chrome brake is $25 less. That means the box (same one that came with my S-12) is worth about $270. Glad I kept my S-12 box. Who knew they would be so valuable. Anybody want to buy a S-12 and SGL-31-44 box? I'll do both for $350.00 delivered.

Warrant