CAI's Cetmes are a crap shoot. You have to be very careful when buying them. There an expression that floats around saying they were "built by monkeys" You need to get one at a store where you can inpsect it closely. There are guides on what to look for on Gunboards.com look in the cetme section, Anything and everything you want to know is there. They are kinda tough to get the bugs worked out but I guess they are pretty good after that. Now I assuming when your refering to and HK G3 Your refering to CAI's G3? I have heard they are of a lot better quality than the cetmes. I believe they all have new barrels. But still it is CAI. I have heard that it is better to spend the extra money to buy the G3 clone.

If you have the money you'll get your money's worth with the Century G3 clone over the Century CETME. Expect to pay $500ish. Once you get into the $600s you should be able to do better than Century, say Ohio Rapid Fire and such. Up to $700 and you should get a PTR-91 by JLD, excellent quality.

$300 range should be what a CETME costs. You get what you pay for. Now $300 range doesn't mean it's total crap, just means you can get more for more money. Decide how much you want and want to spend.

KySoldier,

In the March/April Catalog the Cetme T6 Adjustable Stock is #STK860166 at $49.99.

I saw your comment that you ordered a HK91 variant. Did you get the Battlefield model or one of the other models? Did you order from JLD, Ohio Rapid Fire, or Atlantic Firearms?

Wolverine

Really?  I didn't see it on their website under HK/CETME.

Kysoldier,

Cool. Not cheap, but very nice. I'm thinking very seriously about a quality HK clone myself. Not interested in Century Arms stuff as you get what you pay for. Low price, low quality, low performance. Hope you enjoy the new addition. Let me know what you think of it once you look it over and take it out to the range.

Wolverine

I just ordered it from Atlantic, they had one left in the model that I wanted.  Standard HK91 clone with both new receiver and new parts kit.

Low price dictates low level of workmanship on CAI stuff, but they shoot as well as any, once you get the bugs out. At least speaking of my experience with their FAL/L1A1 rifles.

I would not recommend mail ordering for one, unless you are a gambler. But all in all, they can be a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE:  I just got in my PTR-91 with new reciever and new HK parts kit, shot exceptional, will post more in new topic later.

Too cool. Did it look pristine out of the box? How is fit and finish? Is it paint over parkerizing? How is the recoil?

Wolverine

KySoldier,

Thanks. I missed that posting. Probably when I was under the weather and so pissed I couldn't see straight after busting off the tap in my rifle while installing a bullet guide. It's in now and ready to field test.

I haven't changed my mind. I want one too. Proven rifle with great mag availability at very reasonable prices. Beats the hell out of the saiga .308 8 rounds.......if you can find one.

Yeh, there is a price difference but it's apples and oranges. Pardon me while i wipe the drool off my face.

:super::super::super:

Wolverine