So let's take it from the top...

I don't know if anyone else has ever suffered from this, but I am going through a deep, dark bout of "PCD". What is "PCD" you may ask? Well its a well documented illness that takes down 1 in 3 Saiga owners... its Post Conversion Depression.

Weeks, months even are spent researching products, thinking of different combos to go with, saving money and then actually buying the parts. Next comes the long awaited, actual conversion process, making the perfect cuts, cussing that last damn rivet that just won't let go, finally getting the BHO back in after two hours, then finally sliding the cover back on.... This my friends is where it starts, most are in such a state of euphoria that they never even see it coming....

The days following the conversion, your filled with such glee... you look at the gun every half hour or so, you take pictures and post them up on certain awesome forums, you may even walk around the house butt naked with boots on, carrying the firearm like its Excalibur, playing out scenarios in your head.

You head to the range, people gather around you in awe... You act like its no big deal, but in actuality your a strong breeze away from gizzing in your pants....

But then the day hits... you realize something is missing... wife's not complaining about credit card purchases... your not spending sleepless nights trying to read every single thread even remotely tied to a conversion... you stop daydreaming about which rail to get...

Then you start smoking a little weed to take the edge off.... maybe a sip of Jack Daniels here or there... next thing you know you find yourself in a bar, not knowing how long you've been in there, crying to a stranger about how you used to have excitement in your life....Your wife wants to know why you can't get "it" up anymore....You haven't even looked at the Saiga in atleast two weeks....

Then you hit rock bottom... you start to question why you even bought the Saiga, why you did the conversion, if there is even a God, you finally give up on the fact that Cobra is going to come out with a LRBHO EVER!

So you sit in the corner of a dark room, pants soiled with your own urine... you've cried out all your tears...

When all of the sudden... it hits you, like the first time you had the Clap in college....there's' only one solution...

YOU MUST BUILD ANOTHER!!!

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the adrenaline starts pumping, you tackle your wife and shag her in such away and with purpose, that you're slightly embarrassed afterward... but It all becomes clear... You've built a Saiga 12... now its time to build a X39..

And so the Journey begins my friends... Onward and Upward!!! :super:

• Like 2

The days following the conversion, your filled with such glee... you look at the gun every half hour or so, you take pictures and post them up on certain awesome forums, you may even walk around the house butt naked with boots on, carrying the firearm like its Excalibur, playing out scenarios in your head.

Guilty.

Guilty.

Images that I do not want in my head.

And you do not have boots Camon... LMAO

Guilty.

Yep, still on this stage...taking-to-the-"range" stage comes in a couple weeks.

Dude based on most of what you said...and me having a great sense of humor.....I can relate... Been there, done that with all other Saiga calibers and gauges in multiples....:rolleyes:

But based on one thing you said in there I have to say you are a loser.

Guilty.

Images that I do not want in my head.

And you do not have boots Camon... LMAO

PRETEND BOOTS!!!

Dude based on most of what you said...and me having a great sense of humor.....I can relate... Been there, done that with all other Saiga calibers and gauges in multiples....:rolleyes:

What part, the playing out scenarios part... or the LRBHO part? :lolol:

Edited by zenmetsu

Come on bro, you know you have the most infamous LRBHO in the history of Saigas, just busting chops a lil. (man I hope this doesn't affect my place in line to buy one when they are available! :cryss: )

I shot last weekend in the Poconos with my brother in law and his friend happened over with a '30-30' and low and behold the AK (Saiga) was his new shooting prize.. They both were in awe and for under $600.. I got the WOW's and AWE'sss... I was very happy with my little x39..

And that was with factory mags as my BG was not it at that point...

I can't imagine now with 2-30's and a 20 tanker working.. Screaming Akbar and waiving the AK (sic)... Bro-in-law is a nut....

You guys seem to "finish" yours a lot quicker then I do! There seems an endless number of tweaks that can be done to it and exciting new products. I may never finish mine! :D

Ya, but it doesn't mean you can't start the next one. :super: I took mine down to have it refinished a week ago, and had a part come in that day and asked the smith to install it for me. I'm not sure they will ever be done.