Cycling Issues..

Firearm:Saiga 12

Upgrades that may affect firearm: Gunfixxer Plug, KA Tappet

Ammo Tried: Remington Slugger, Remington 00buck, Remington 00 Buck LEO low recoil

Ports:3

Mags tried: 2 diff AGP 10 rounders and stock 5 rounder

Problem: Gun will not cycle, no matter which setting plug is on. I can shoot one round, the next round will load, but the firearm will not reset itself. I end up having to take the round out of the chamber re-cock and start again.

Searching the forum using "cycling" and "cycling problem" bring up many threads, but none that seem to have the answer I am looking for.

Any ideas/possible solutions?

:bag: I had a crowd of people around me at Gun range, everyone curious as to what I was shooting, no one could believe that such a firearm existed.... and I couldn't put on a good show... it was a tad embarassing...

I had a similar shooting session this weekend with my Saiga 12. I just finished my conversion and this was the first time shooting. I did not change the puck,or gas regulator. I did change the trigger spring to the reduced power spring, and I did install a JT Magwell for Surefire mags.

I could also not get 2 rounds to cycle in a row. even if the next round feed it would not fire. I used Federal low brass and Federal 2 3/4" mag. slugs. I found that the reduced power trigger spring was not resetting the trigger. If I pushed the trigger forward it would reset and fire the next round. The magazine also had to be pushed all the way up and pushed back, then it would feed the next round. You can imagine trying to shoot pushing the trigger forward and holding the mag in a special way for each shot. I did get 100 rounds down range and was at least able to adjust my red dot sight.

I changed the Trigger spring back to the stock one and the trigger problem seems to be fixed ( check your trigger spring and make sure its hooked correctly on the trigger, and is not binding or rubbing on the BHO side). Next is the mag and magwell fitting. I was nervous grinding the $50+ dollar Surefire 12 rnd clear mag when I did it, now that it does not fit right I have to figure out how to save it from the scrap or parts pile.

Took the cover off, hammer spring looks to be in the correct place. Took Gunfixxer plug out and ran paperclip through ports, one seemed a lil clogged, (i could almost swear the gun has four ports, where before I could only see three) but firearm only has max 150 rounds through it.

Its been restored (converted).

Back to the drawing board

Took the cover off, hammer spring looks to be in the correct place. Took Gunfixxer plug out and ran paperclip through ports, one seemed a lil clogged, (i could almost swear the gun has four ports, where before I could only see three) but firearm only has max 150 rounds through it.

Its been restored (converted).

What parts did you put in for the FCG?

Took the cover off, hammer spring looks to be in the correct place.

Did you take the cover off when the malfunction happened, or later? I meant take it off and look inside as soon as the malfunction occurs. Just be careful if there's a round in the chamber . . .

If the firearm is loading the next round, it is not a porting problem\

As previously stated, It is probably a trigger spring issue....

Did you try pushing the trigger forward after one round was fired ?

Did the gun cycle pre-conversion ?

Gun cycled fine pre-conversion. I sent it out to a reputable vendor had it blasted/parked/duracoated, they assembled the firearm. I checked and both of the "legs" of the hammer look to be in the correct spot.

I took the cover off and the bolt out after I got home, I didnt look at it right after it malfunctioned.

If the firearm is loading the next round, it is not a porting problem\

As previously stated, It is probably a trigger spring issue....

Did you try pushing the trigger forward after one round was fired ?

Did the gun cycle pre-conversion ?

Gun cycled fine pre-conversion. I sent it out to a reputable vendor had it blasted/parked/duracoated, they assembled the firearm. I checked and both of the "legs" of the hammer look to be in the correct spot.

I took the cover off and the bolt out after I got home, I didnt look at it right after it malfunctioned.

I think you will find some rookie didn't "dog leg" the hammer spring legs and the trigger is just not re-setting after each shot. This is covered under quite a few threads in the forum.......000.gif

Sounds like you aren't getting enough gas through your system. Three ports is no guarantee that you have sufficient gas to drive the puck (gas piston).

Also, the pattern of the scratches on your bolt carrier rails indicates that the carrier may be hanging on, or impeded by your hammer. All of the US FCG's I have seen have the hammer sitting 1/8" - 3/16" higher in the receiver than the stock Russsian FCG.

Get in touch with Cobra or Cadiz about getting your gun properly tuned up for post conversion use.

WS